Weather thread 2011

Guest Paul ™

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have relented, and finally posted my first entry on this forum in prep for 2011 Glasto...

Who needs to worry about the weather, it is going to be great, another awesome tan for work the next week, no voice but lots of stories to tell

** Makes sure waterproofs and umbrella are handy to satisfy the weather gods! **

I know I may sound whingey but last year I was a prisoner to the sun - a little cooler please and very dry but early to mid 20 degrees would be perfect. I found it really hard to get around and sustain being in the sun and ended up drinking more water than cider, never good unsure.gif

I know I may sound whingey but last year I was a prisoner to the sun - a little cooler please and very dry but early to mid 20 degrees would be perfect. I found it really hard to get around and sustain being in the sun and ended up drinking more water than cider, never good unsure.gif

That's the same prediction we got last year around this time and the year before that so don't fret. Last year was a scorcher and the year before that was almost a scorcher but fabbed out on the Thursday with that tremendous thunderstorm and the torrential downpour that night (Ruined my sleep aswell- thanks for that weather gods).

There is still hope.

It could be argued it was too hot this year but it's better than it being torrential rain and freezing.

Great moment during Seasick Steve (I think?) when a solitary cloud briefly drifted in front of the sun. You could hear the sighs of relief all round.

Altogether now... oooohhhhhhhhhh B)

Big ups to all the optimists in Worcester, who were clad in shorts today. Look what happens when we get two nice days back to back.

B)

I saw a quality saaarf laaaandaaan chav on the platform this morning, sknny cut of jeans, no socks and skinny polo shirt, he was massively regretting the decision as he was shivering like it was arctic. 2 days of sun and the world is full of suckers.

Girls in The City on the other hand , hmmmm B)

I'm a very hot person. By which, I don't just mean my rugged good looks (ahem), I mean that I'm the sort of person to walk around in a t-shirt in the middle of winter. I found last year's festival pretty comfortable, at least compared the humid hell of 2007. The discomfort of 2007 was magnified by the need to fight through the mud all the time and it didn't even f__king cool down at night.

I read an article a few months ago that said that men were efficient sweaters -- if it's hot and dry we get a bit of a sweat on, the sweat dries and we cool down. If it's warm and humid we're boned.

With that in mind, I propose that any blokes coming in here asking for slightly cooler, cloudy (i.e. more humid) weather get derided and called girls' names.

I've found a solution for all us sun haters, it only cost £310,00, your own personal artificial cloud well not personal...but I am sure they could shrink it, the tech is there :D

I'm a very hot person. By which, I don't just mean my rugged good looks (ahem), I mean that I'm the sort of person to walk around in a t-shirt in the middle of winter. I found last year's festival pretty comfortable, at least compared the humid hell of 2007. The discomfort of 2007 was magnified by the need to fight through the mud all the time and it didn't even f__king cool down at night.

I read an article a few months ago that said that men were efficient sweaters -- if it's hot and dry we get a bit of a sweat on, the sweat dries and we cool down. If it's warm and humid we're boned.

With that in mind, I propose that any blokes coming in here asking for slightly cooler, cloudy (i.e. more humid) weather get derided and called girls' names.

That includes you, Wendy.