Weather thread 2011

Guest Paul ™

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The link I put up on my previous post takes you straight there. Nice forecast, think I'll ignore any ones that are worse then that from now on.

[/quote

ah, missed that. how did you get a link direct to it?

Anyone know what Jackone was saying this time last year? I'm sure he was more cautious than the real result. I think same too for 2008, as I was mega panicked it'd be a 2007 repeat, then was hugely delighted.

If you read this, Jackone you're a legend x

My friend, who is never wrong about anything, assures me that this year the weather is going to be fine. r**** free, a slight breeze, a bit cooler than last year, but nevertheless on the whole perfect.

I no longer need this thread and your pessimism! :P

Right, long time lurker, first time poster here.

Been lurking on this thread on the weeks leading up to Glasto every year since 07 or 08, not sure which. Previously got my pre fest weather obsessive fix by constantly checking weather sites a few times a day. To find this thread with constant updates from every available source, mindless obsessing about the weather possibilities, and even analysis of the charts was amazing. Previously I thought I was alone in my pre fest weather obsessiveness. Now I can't help myself checking this thread every hour or so just in case someone has found some information that means it all going to be ok, and it's going to be sunny, even though I know that is totally ridiculous.

As far the weather for next week goes, I'm seriously worried at how similar this is to 07. We had a particularly sunny and warm spring followed by a series of low pressures systems for most of June then as well. Although, i know that doesn't mean it's going to be another 07, and I really shouldn't be using my first post to come on here depressing you fine folk.

Anyway, absolutely loving all posts and weather insights from Devonhammer et al. No Langdale Wolf this year?

Right, long time lurker, first time poster here.

Been lurking on this thread on the weeks leading up to Glasto every year since 07 or 08, not sure which. Previously got my pre fest weather obsessive fix by constantly checking weather sites a few times a day. To find this thread with constant updates from every available source, mindless obsessing about the weather possibilities, and even analysis of the charts was amazing. Previously I thought I was alone in my pre fest weather obsessiveness. Now I can't help myself checking this thread every hour or so just in case someone has found some information that means it all going to be ok, and it's going to be sunny, even though I know that is totally ridiculous.

As far the weather for next week goes, I'm seriously worried at how similar this is to 07. We had a particularly sunny and warm spring followed by a series of low pressures systems for most of June then as well. Although, i know that doesn't mean it's going to be another 07, and I really shouldn't be using my first post to come on here depressing you fine folk.

Anyway, absolutely loving all posts and weather insights from Devonhammer et al. No Langdale Wolf this year?

As far as I remember, and the good people of Sheffield may be able to confirm this, 2007 had a very warm and dry Easter, followed by persistant rain for the whole of the rest of the summer. There was little debate in the lead up to the festival, with forecasts consistently predicting a wet festival, even if it did turn out even wetter than predicted.

This year so far has been drier than normal, warmer than, or at least close to, average.

I see no repeat of 2007 at the moment. Most likely at the moment from what I see is the odd shower interspersed by sunshine. More like 2008 or 2004 I think. Not as warm as last year, but then that caused it's own set of problems anyway.

As far as I remember, and the good people of Sheffield may be able to confirm this, 2007 had a very warm and dry Easter, followed by persistant rain for the whole of the rest of the summer. There was little debate in the lead up to the festival, with forecasts consistently predicting a wet festival, even if it did turn out even wetter than predicted.

This year so far has been drier than normal, warmer than, or at least close to, average.

I see no repeat of 2007 at the moment. Most likely at the moment from what I see is the odd shower interspersed by sunshine. More like 2008 or 2004 I think. Not as warm as last year, but then that caused it's own set of problems anyway.

Well I guess this is it weather geeks. After what seems like a marathon we're into the last few days of hopes and fears. Looks generally like a 50/50 chance of a mud fest/sunfest still at this late stage. All the forecasters seem a tad confused on what to say really but what they are constantly saying is rain will come at some point over the festival week, light heavy who knows!

Can't see this much changing now so it's wellies and flipflops.