Glastonbury food with pictures

mike99

This too is very exciting - I spend the rest of the year bemoaning the lack of a million foods at my fingertips

The guy after Mexican - it's everywhere, just browse menus like the girls browse the clothing stores! If you can forgive the mild stereotype

Tor Rugby do good stuff, there's always a few around the dance and shangri-la - hard to beat a generous chili con carne wrap

HOLD THE FORT

Though I have previously touted the street food par excellence of Anna Mae's mac & cheese, I have just discovered another London street food stalwart is rocking up near the Pyramid Stage - potentially on Muddy Lane - the burrito awesomeness of Luardo's.

img_5264.jpg?w=600&h=448

(image from review below)

Luardo's are usually found on Whitecross Street Market near the City of London, or sometimes at Kerb in King's Cross.

Review here: http://londonstreetbites.com/2012/06/14/luardos/

On Twitter here: http://twitter.com/luardos/

Some seriously seriously tasty burritos and this is from an expat American who despairs of finding decent Mexican anywhere in the UK....

I got so excited when I heard about Red's opening. However I've been 3 times, had 3 different dishes and each one has been totally lacking in flavour. I know a couple of other peoe that have said the same thing. Great for the novelty type value but as an actual meal sadly lacking.

have you had the beef long ribs? (Leeds dweller here)

They are easily the best thing on the menu in my opinion

Grillstock are representing in west holts for BBQ! My girlfriend won their facebook competition to win a meal for 2 at the festival! feeling like a lucky bugger now! :beach:

i think finding all the new, amazing food is going to be a serious quest and adventure this year, we have already practically timtabled in a trip for meat liquor on Friday afternoon down in shangri la!

Edited by Memory Man

Tor Rugby Club have tweeted that they're keeping 2011 prices this year. Marvellous.

Near the pyramid along from the cider bus I think. Can anyone remember how much I think they did fajitas and also Rembrandt there cold drinks to be cheapest on site at 50p a can

Anyone know what prices for some of the stalls that were at other festivals this year. So we can have some idea what it will be for food?

Haven't been to any this year, but I suspect prices will have shot up- expect an extra £1 or 2 on meals.

Anyone know what prices for some of the stalls that were at other festivals this year. So we can have some idea what it will be for food?

Prices at Download were extortionate this year £6 for a cardboard burger £2.50-3.00 for chips(not that i had any) and most stalls seemed to be £5-£10 for a crap meal.

Prices at Download were extortionate this year £6 for a cardboard burger £2.50-3.00 for chips(not that i had any) and most stalls seemed to be £5-£10 for a crap meal.

£6.00 a burger how much for a double burger or cheeseburger crickey that's high

Went to wychwood few weeks back.

Goan fish curry few varieties of dish around £7

Mexican stall which is the one coming to glastonbury sold large nachos dish with the works for £7 I think, with small ones £5.50. This was good value in my eyes as portions huge.

Also tea bus, the red double decker bus selling alsorts of tea , as well as cakes etc. tea was only 1.20, tea and cake of choice £3

Risotto stall 6.50

Didn't try much else. Beer was 3.80 pint

Won't the (specifically bar) prices at Download be more expensive than at Glasto due to people being restricted as to what drink they can take into the 'arena'? *Disclaimer - Apologies if you can take stuff into Download, never been*

Maybe I'm being naive, just thought that would make sense! :sarcastic:

EDIT: Those food prizes are crazy!

Edited by GlastoSimon