Glastonbury food with pictures

mike99

When I saw that this thread had been bumped, I assumed he was back in town!

He seems to have been the only person on here to have actually met others at the Cider Bus meet - despite others of us being there and managing to not find each other. He may be the invisible, all knowing man. A man with many identities. A man who only appears when he knows, without doubt, that the impossible headliners for the forthcoming year are booked.

I miss Mike99.

Here's my best three meals of the Festival:

P1010585_zpsafbe46bb.jpg?t=1382184626

Spanish Tapas with sausage cooked in red wine, I think it was somewhere in the Park

IMG_7667_zps09ca6a27.jpg?t=1382184777Re

Reeaally good Thai Curry from the Thai restaurant at the West Holts stage

P1010321_zps2a8b7596.jpg?t=1382184701

Delicious Lebanese Mezze from the stall at the Park.

Here's my best three meals of the Festival:

P1010585_zpsafbe46bb.jpg?t=1382184626

Spanish Tapas with sausage cooked in red wine, I think it was somewhere in the Park

Good work! The tapas stall is in West Holts, just along from Le Grande Bouffe towards the bridge. Big spanish dancing lady atop the stall, can't miss it.

And it's cracking. I think that's the 'small plate' - £7 if I remember right I always make sure I get the big plate at some point each festival for five odd years now - it's dear at a tenner, but you're seriously full afterwards and always induces ooohs and aaahs of tasty delight. nom nom nom

Speaking of Le Grande Bouffe they were doing two sausage Deluxe Royales this year - almost certainly thanks to you lot saying the 1 sausage didn't seem enough! Did anyone have one? Were you stuffed.... I couldn't face the extra sausage (stop giggling)

****ing Grand Ripoffe!

I seriously hope to improve my food intake this time round. No more filth food. No growlers, no Oggies, no Donuts, no Giant Yorkshires. I'm going to fail again aren't I.

NB Queen Delilahs are dead to me. Years ago they did the best burgers of any sort in the whole festival. Then it started going downhill with scrimping like not having plates or being totally tight arsed with the spicy peanut sauce.. I gave them a final chance last time, to be greeted by a chirpy chappie who nudged a long cooked burger towards the centre of the griddle for about 20 seconds and then cheerfully presenting me with yet another tepid Queen Delilah's disappointment. No more.. I'd rather be given an honest dirtburger off a van on the main drag on the acoustic/ pyramid drag.

Edited by Boris

Good work! The tapas stall is in West Holts, just along from Le Grande Bouffe towards the bridge. Big spanish dancing lady atop the stall, can't miss it.

And it's cracking. I think that's the 'small plate' - £7 if I remember right I always make sure I get the big plate at some point each festival for five odd years now - it's dear at a tenner, but you're seriously full afterwards and always induces ooohs and aaahs of tasty delight. nom nom nom

Speaking of Le Grande Bouffe they were doing two sausage Deluxe Royales this year - almost certainly thanks to you lot saying the 1 sausage didn't seem enough! Did anyone have one? Were you stuffed.... I couldn't face the extra sausage (stop giggling)

This was the Spanish Tapas bar. Didn't take a picture of the Spanish Lady on top though. But could use a platter like this today!

P1010584_zps8e057fec.jpg?t=1382258443

Edited by rinzeanne

Did anyone eat from the school bus in Block 9 - they did the most amazing pulled pork nachos that i went back for because they were so good - but no idea what they were called!

Also had some really nice food at the Med kitchen near Brothers cider although the lamb option was quite pricey!

I also tried breakfast at the Beat Hotel (Pancakes and bacon - but was a little lacking in syrup) which was ok

Roll on Glastonbury 2014 Gastronomy! I hope the Mac'n'cheese place is back as didnt get to try it last year as didnt think my hungover belly would be able to take it :-(

Did anyone eat from the school bus in Block 9 - they did the most amazing pulled pork nachos that i went back for because they were so good - but no idea what they were called!

Also had some really nice food at the Med kitchen near Brothers cider although the lamb option was quite pricey!

I also tried breakfast at the Beat Hotel (Pancakes and bacon - but was a little lacking in syrup) which was ok

Roll on Glastonbury 2014 Gastronomy! I hope the Mac'n'cheese place is back as didnt get to try it last year as didnt think my hungover belly would be able to take it :-(

My favourite meal of this year was the pulled pork roll from the school bus, the coleslaw was amazing!

I had the mac and cheese and it was ok but we went on the Sunday and they had run out of a lot of stuff, staff weren't very friendly either.

My favourite meal of this year was the pulled pork roll from the school bus, the coleslaw was amazing!

I had the mac and cheese and it was ok but we went on the Sunday and they had run out of a lot of stuff, staff weren't very friendly either.

Were they the "ladies" with a full roast dinner between their legs...seemed "very" friendly to me on the Sunday but they had been on the old Ket!!!!

You mean the Camp Cooks? They were a laugh as usual. I mean the mac &cheese place that was on one of the row of traders on a path leading away from the Pyramid field, think they're the same people behind a mobile pop up in London.

That would have been Anna Maes if it was on the left heading towards Meeting Place http://anna-maes.com/

That's the one, been trying to remember the name, thanks. If I tried them again I'd go a lot earlier in the festival.

Same for me with Pieminister, by the time I found their new spot on early Sunday evening they had none of the pies I had been fancying left! :(

Same for me with Pieminister, by the time I found their new spot on early Sunday evening they had none of the pies I had been fancying left! :(

I like Pieminister pies elsewhere but never been overly impressed with them at G, always tasted as though they'd been sitting under a heat lamp too long.

Tried one of the gourmet hot dogs from the Beat Hotel and wasn't impressed at all, probably the worst meal I had this year.

• 4 months later...

Some really good informative posts and pictures here that gets me in the mood for Glastonbury, despite the absence of Mike99 (wondering what has become of him, hope he is ok) thought it might be a good time to revive one his very best threads.

Mike99 where are you?

Damn you, I thought the great man had returned when I saw this thread, he always used to love to bump it. *sobs*