Glastonbury food with pictures

mike99

Won't the (specifically bar) prices at Download be more expensive than at Glasto due to people being restricted as to what drink they can take into the 'arena'? *Disclaimer - Apologies if you can take stuff into Download, never been*

Maybe I'm being naive, just thought that would make sense! :sarcastic:

You can't I sneaked in a can of monster last year and It was as if I had tried to sneak a gun in, 3 security guards turn up and fully pat me down for more stuff

I just now noticed this on the page from the Diner in Shangri-la:

MEATLiquor are an ex-streetfood outfit who used to do burger popups in pubs, and now have three exceedingly trendy burger joints spread around London. These are filthy, American-diner-style, heart attack burgers, and worth a little bit of a queue. Try the "Dead Hippie."

photo-15.jpg

An update straight from the horse's mouth (well @themeatwagonuk twitter feed) - they will be slinging these burgers in the Rocket Lounge diner from 2pm-midnight Friday only. So if you miss them on Friday, you snooze, you lose.

An update straight from the horse's mouth (well @themeatwagonuk twitter feed) - they will be slinging these burgers in the Rocket Lounge diner from 2pm-midnight Friday only. So if you miss them on Friday, you snooze, you lose.

How much?

How much?

Not cheap.

Given that they charge 8 quid a burger in their London locations, can't see Glastonbury being any less than that and possibly more.

Personally I'd say it's not worth it - Meateasy/whatever brand they're using this week do make a good product, but are massively overhyped and overpriced. There'll probably be 1 or 2 places on site selling better burgers for less money (and without the "limited time only" thing going on).

any suggestions about those places selling "better burgers for less"?

To an extent, it's down to personal taste.

Meateasy sell a Fast Food style burger - think McDonalds with quality ingredients and more care.

I'd be more inclined towards a something a bit more substantial - Byron had a stall last time, and The Story in the Main Market is pretty good. Won't know for sure till we see who's there this year.

Had a small meal at the Hari Krishna tent, we only asked for a small portion to share as we had not long eaten and just wanted to sample it otherwise they were giving huge portions. And despite the bad reputation it gets on this forum (e.g. Friday green mush, Saturday grey mush and Sunday brown mush) it was really nice and tasty.

IMG_2934_zps34add511.jpg

IMG_2937_zps60d8bc79.jpg

IMG_2932_zps30e62855.jpg