Glastonbury food with pictures

mike99

Did anyone ever try a DImbleby Burger? Did he ever come back to the festival after 2002?

Love, peace... and Dimbleburgers

Jonathan Dimbleby will be serving up his own burgers at this year's Glastonbury music festival. The television presenter says the burger van is a sideline for an organic shop he runs at his estate in Bath. Dimbleby, president of organic food group the Soil Association, said: "McDonald's had better watch out. The Dimbleburger is here. We hope to get it down to Glastonbury and other events and I'll have it set up for the Jubilee. At the moment I am not qualified to work as a chef but I hope to learn. If I get myself trained soon enough I would love to go to Glastonbury and flip some burgers."

- See more at: http://www.catererandhotelkeeper.co.uk/articles/7/6/2002/43121/table-talk.htm#sthash.C2VJSlyf.dpuf

I just now noticed this on the page from the Diner in Shangri-la:

MEATLiquor are an ex-streetfood outfit who used to do burger popups in pubs, and now have three exceedingly trendy burger joints spread around London. These are filthy, American-diner-style, heart attack burgers, and worth a little bit of a queue. Try the "Dead Hippie."

photo-15.jpg

Blimey! MeatLiquor is amazing, regularly has queues 1hr+ in that there London town (I was in one of them once - had to send someone out for beers!)

If Pieminister have moved though all bets could be off for food locations this year.

What? Pieminister's moved?

I must have missed that. What is the source for this tale?

Edit: O.K. found it. As you were.

Edited by MrZigster

Can't remember but is there a decent BBQ stall at Glasto?

Anyone on here from central Leeds must know Reds True BBQ and how great it is

I got so excited when I heard about Red's opening. However I've been 3 times, had 3 different dishes and each one has been totally lacking in flavour. I know a couple of other peoe that have said the same thing. Great for the novelty type value but as an actual meal sadly lacking.