Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

On 3/8/2019 at 10:50 AM, WS_Jack_III said:

I was born in 1990 so my first knowledge of MJ being dodgy around kids was in 2003 after that C4 doc. He was clearly the biggest star on the planet late 80s early 90s, were there rumblings of his behavior back then? I know something happened in 93 but I mean before that, didn't people find it extremely odd that he was "best friends" with young boys.

I can't remember when the rumours started, but he was so eccentric and immature, as we thought.

We assumed the children's paradise was for him, not the affluent grooming version of a puppy or sweets.

Edited by feral chile

35 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Need to get on that.

This new Partridge stuff has really got going now, the corporate punishment segment was hilarious. 

Developing quite the crush on Susannah Fielding too ?

*Corporal

Episode 9 of AD is great, GOB with loads of great lines.

Finished AD. So I thought the back half was better than first half of S5. Big drawbacks being a lot of it being ADR recording that sounded out of place, who ever was in charge of that didn't do a great job. Some shoddy green screen again (but part of me wonders if they are doing that deliberately now) and the cast not all being there.

The last few episodes show us scenes from yesteryear (with Cobie Smulders playing a young Lucille), which I first thought were very out of place but there's a reason for it that is revealed later on. Lots of the loose ends from season 4 are dealt with and some of them are funny pay offs.

All round I think it was an okay effort, much like how I thought S4 was an okay effort. Things are never as good the second time round. It definitely felt like they are ending it, which would be the correct call considering all that has happened.

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 4:17 PM, djdavejohnson said:

I did however find time last night to catch up on the first two episodes of Race Across the World. It's currently airing on the BBC on Sunday nights and is also available on the iplayer. It's a great watch and if you're into your travel there are some decent references to lots of places worth visitng. Great concept too, looking forward to the next episode.

I have seen the first 2. Not something I would really like but actually have. Will be watching the rest.

Odd, this year I am watching quite a bit of TV past few years I have only watched a few select things. Not sure why. Maybe as the weather gets better I will be outside more.

Love, Death & Robots.

Only seen the first episode But Just Wow!

Computer Animation & Sci-Fi turned up to a thousand and eleven. Awesome stuff. Not for kids. I hope the rest match up.

On a more earthly note, James May's Big Trouble In Model Britain. That Hornby museum is relatively just up the road from me. I've driven past it so many times. I can't believe I've never been in there.

On 21 March 2019 at 12:27 PM, fred quimby said:

Been watching Fleabag on Iplayer and an enjoying that

Fleabag followed by Jerk is up there with the days when The Man From Auntie followed French & Saunders (or was it the other way 'round?).

8 hours ago, MrZigster said:

Fleabag followed by Jerk is up there with the days when The Man From Auntie followed French & Saunders (or was it the other way 'round?).

It was all about Friday nights on 4. My classic line-up woud probably be: Cheers, Roseanne, Whose Line? and The Word.

• Upvote 1