All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Friend of mine made a good point in that it’s not the system that’s the problem, it’s the experience. Trying to buy tickets is one of the most stressful half hours of the year, surely something could be done to make it a little less fraught and so you don’t feel as robbed when you miss out. I don’t mind the element of luck, but if they could eliminate the nonsense of frantically refreshing the holding page across numerous phones and laptops and also do away with the stress of getting though to the enter details page 5 times and not being able to get any further (like wot happened to me this year) it’d be far better all round imo. Mind you I always thought the experience was fine in previous years when I easily got tickets after 5 minutes lol If any changes are made it should always stay as democratic and open as possible, it’s not about throwing up hurdles to try and put people off and ensure that the ‘true faithful’ always get their tickets. No one is more deserving of a ticket than anyone else.
  3. Maybe he was on a comedown Sunday when he booked those tiny venues.
  4. JSmurphy

2020 headliners

Announce it's Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost P1 and P2 in full.
  5. Andy0808 v5

2020 headliners

Massive gap between Birmingham and Cardiff
  6. Mash011

2020 headliners

tell me AGAIN how they're just a bit smaller than The 1975. you utter bozos on this forum. I'll show you some fucking energy.
  7. swede

2020 headliners

The new album does actually finish with a 10+ minute track that the band has said is the most ambitious thing they've ever done 😂
  8. Big Thief there releasing two AOTYs like it ain’t no thang. 2019 is their year, even if most people don’t realise it yet.
  9. Mezhyp1

2020 headliners

Their dates are in April and May
  10. Foals in Cardiff Castle is a tempting prospect.
  11. Cans at bars seems like a no brainer. Brothers used to sell massive (albeit plastic) bottles, can't see why they can't do cans, unless it's a licensing thing.
  12. eFestivals

50th Anniversary

I'm not aware of an application. I just googled the current licence, and - in it's short form, anyway - it doesn't disallow main stage music on the Thursday (or the Wednesday, too) - as 'live performances'. However, I know from licence hearings i've sat in on that the council were *VERY* resistant to anything which increased the disruption to locals, which loud music on a school night defo would. So presumably there's an agreement (formal or informal) between the fest and the council that any live stuff on Wed/Thurs is small stage stuff. I guess an agreement could be altered in the background and no one would know, but i'd be surprised if the council allowed main stage music without at least consulting locals and giving them the opportunity to raise any objections they have - which I can't find anything about.
  13. NIN headlined in 2014, they fit just fine.
  14. Guy Incognito

2020 headliners

Alright guys let's not turn this thread into a list of all the times yannis may, or may not have done coke in public. This is even worse than all the led zepp talk ffs.
  15. Fair point, which kind of rules them out even more. After going to at least 14 Glastonbury's over the years my group failed to get tickets this years which I'm pretty philosophical about - however this would certainly change if Led Zeppelin announced they were reforming to play.
  16. Surely Kaisers are gonna be there in their long awaited Pyramid sub slot?
  17. there's been an amount of this done at Glastonbury for the last 5+ years or so. The problem is it's still creating new plastic. Hopefully people are cottoning on to take a cup with them now, same as they're starting to cotton on to water bottles.
  18. Who is ‘Alison Wonderland’? Should be booked on the back of the name alone.
  19. Long time lurker...erm, second time poster. About ten years ago I saw Yannis come out of a toilet cubicle with a girl in Manchester, suggesting coke and/or sexy times. That’s it, that’s my contribution.
  20. Yeah cant see them getting a slot too different to Wombats/Vaccines this year
  21. Jimmy Page has barely played a note of music live in 12 years.
  1. Load more activity