All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I believe that part of it comes from the World Cup in 1986, which was in Mexico. I think it might have been the first time a UK audience would have seen it. Hence we coined the term "Mexican Wave"
  3. wait - is this genuinely called a Mexican Wave in the UK or are you just taking the piss? In the states we just call this The Wave 🤣
  4. Disgusted? Really? It's a slightly underwhelming festival line-up, not mass genocide.
  5. Punksnotdead

2024 New Music

As a massive fan of Withered Hand, I'm used to waiting ages for new music - just his 4th album in 15 years, hardly prolific! Worth the wait though IMO - the most underrated songwriter in Britain.
  6. I saw it at the West End last week. Absolutely brilliant. I was blubbing by the end.
  7. Superb lineup. Sugababes and Frank Turner both playing so early on Friday does make me wonder whether there's something on the Pyramid they want to pull people away from a la Courteeners & Laura Mvula opposite Foo Fighters last year
  8. e_p

Volunteering 2024

I would do shindig if I could be guaranteed to have shifts thu,Fri,sat. If they are struggling to fill it that would seal the deal for me.
  9. If shin dig 2for1 works I could see them doing similar for ones that don't sell out as fast. I know they've struggled with Boomtown before.
  10. stuie

Volunteering 2024

Hopefully it will all balance out and the team manage to replace events that they lose. And if they don't I guess having priority doesn't guarantee you a Glastonbury place, but the chance to try for one on release day, same as for Bearded etc. I can't see them actually changing the criteria for priority at all.
  11. 10 years? More like 10 books.
  12. Wolves fans could argue that points lost may have cost them a place in Europe. Your argument that points lost only matter to certain teams is quite clearly bullshit.
  13. It'll certainly be interesting to see what happens to priority in the next few years. It's still never sold out even with most festivals selling out the last couple years. And unless they keep replacing them Oxfam are going to have fewer festivals to use to qualify for priority, with NASS already cancelled and this being Shindigs last year.
  14. Today
  15. Looother

Clashfinder 2024

The other one's likely to be a DJ set though, isn't it?
  16. I would love nick cave to play but I'm not expecting it. I don't think we can say the chances are extremely high. Not that it is particularly relevant but I don't think Micheal Eavis likes him. Seem to remember reading somewhere that he didn't want him back at the festival (he has played the pyramid since I read that for sure).
  17. Shindig is a new one, so I don't think there's been any confirmation yet on specific roles. But I'd say that it's pretty likely that the actual volunteering will be significantly more fun there than it is at Glastonbury - more likely to be in and around interesting areas, probably a lot more relaxed, and a smaller team usually means friendlier.
  18. Saw the Bonnie and Clyde musical this week and it’s great. On tour and going to quite a few other places.
  19. Or at least a nice sausage roll, or something.
  20. One of our gang have signed up for the Oxfam Shindig deal.
  21. A little gem from the NME today... in a piece about Our Price reopening. And here's the article if anyone fancies a trip down memory lane. Or is saying what the feck is Our Price? https://www.nme.com/news/music/classic-uk-music-shop-our-price-to-relaunch-3751144 I still like CDs and have a ton of 80s vinyl and tapes. For context, first bought a CD c. 1989. Thinking of getting a new turntable if anyone can recommend one. Already have a nice pair of B+W speakers to play through.
  22. I am in a Glastonbury Facebook group for people with disabilities. Someone highly recommended these sleeping bags for keeping snug in a tent and they come in various sizes. https://www.blacks.co.uk/equipment/sleeping/sleeping-bags/br:pod/ You can also get hot water from the marquee so take a hot water bottle. I would also let Oxfam know that you are post op so they accommodate your needs via reasonable adjustments. It's on the form you complete once you have a confirmed place, or you can drop them an email. 🙂
  23. gigpusher

2024 New Music

Thanks for the reminder about this one. I’ve been waiting for it so long that I completely forgot about it this morning.
  1. Load more activity

• Latest Tourdates