All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Foals just announced a UK Tour with shows on 9th and 10th of July in UK so I we can rule them out.
  3. Bet they sell more tix than BMTH.
  4. If people are bringing their own cup to the bar how are they managing the licensing issue? Beer has to be sold in multiples of halves/3rds or full pints. Having a container the right size is essential, they also need to have the volume marked on order to be legal if the beer is being free poured or the amount of beer being issued has to be dispensed by a machine I can't remember seeing the automatic ones but hopefully someone who worked on a Glasto bar can confirm if this is the case or not.
  5. mcshed

50th Anniversary

Thing is once they've done it "to celebrate 50 years" it'd be hard to go back to not doing it the next year.
  6. Interesting definition of 'woe' if you type it into Google.
  7. dotdash79

50th Anniversary

From when I read the license document, Each stage/bar is put in a grouping and then those grouping are given different hours that they can open. The main stages are the most restricted. Page 11 of the existing license show this
  8. incident

50th Anniversary

Unless it's changed in the most recent incarnation, the full version of the previous licence did include a schedule of when the individual stages/areas could operate, with the 8 or so largest stages specifically mentioned as being Friday to Sunday, with a 2 hour soundcheck period allowed on the Thursday evening. There's also the offsite sound limits which are much, much lower on the Thursday and running the Pyramid at even half power would almost certainly exceed them. Pretty sure it'd be a change of such significance that they couldn't do it without a full consultation. And before anyone says it, no, they couldn't/wouldn't fudge something with that soundcheck window - they used to do that on the JazzWorld stage back in the day and got told off for it.
  9. Next gig I have tickets for at the Usher Hall is Sigrid.
  10. Mash011

2020 headliners

do you wanna have a look at the rest of the killers' tour dates or nah
  11. Original Patty Men is open on wednesdays for wings only. They're incredible though. 5 minutes walk from the Institute. Next to to OPM is Kilder, which makes the best cheese toasties fathomable. A lot of the best eateries in Birmingham only operate from thursday to sunday, although the chicken in Bonehead is nice, and will be open on a wednesday. It's just outside the Hill Street exit of new street station.
  12. Just thinking this morning, I know they're working on RTJ4 - I'd love to see Run the Jewels at Glastonbury
  13. ModBoy

2020 headliners

The Killers did Cardiff Castle before their Headline set (Yes Foals is afterwards), but both doing secret sets the year before is there a pattern? I'm not saying they are as big as The 1975 cause they are not, but they are still big and could headline...
  14. Gnomicide

2020 headliners

Venue sizes don't scream 'headliner' do they.
  15. Havors

50th Anniversary

Yeah not sure what the rumour was born from but someone on here somewhere mentioned something about it... I would imagine they could get away with it for a one off... the noise from arcadia etc at 5am on the wed/thursday makes me thing having the stages on until about 9-10pm wouldnt be much of an issue if they really wanted it? Probably just tall tales but I think it would be a great way to celebrate 50 years... im just greedy though and wish the festival actually ran monday to monday haha
  16. Robinn

50th Anniversary

We celebrated getting Glasto tickets with homemade Growlers... it was perfect.
  17. I was with a UKIP supporter - he didn't like it. Made me happy.
  18. I've never actually seen any scraps or anything like that at all in the 3 years I've been. Lots of ket legs, but no scraps. Agree that it does have a very friendly feel to it - albeit very messy too!
  19. Friend of mine made a good point in that it’s not the system that’s the problem, it’s the experience. Trying to buy tickets is one of the most stressful half hours of the year, surely something could be done to make it a little less fraught and so you don’t feel as robbed when you miss out. I don’t mind the element of luck, but if they could eliminate the nonsense of frantically refreshing the holding page across numerous phones and laptops and also do away with the stress of getting though to the enter details page 5 times and not being able to get any further (like wot happened to me this year) it’d be far better all round imo. Mind you I always thought the experience was fine in previous years when I easily got tickets after 5 minutes lol If any changes are made it should always stay as democratic and open as possible, it’s not about throwing up hurdles to try and put people off and ensure that the ‘true faithful’ always get their tickets. No one is more deserving of a ticket than anyone else.
  20. Maybe he was on a comedown Sunday when he booked those tiny venues.
  21. JSmurphy

2020 headliners

Announce it's Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost P1 and P2 in full.
  22. Andy0808 v5

2020 headliners

Massive gap between Birmingham and Cardiff
  23. Mash011

2020 headliners

tell me AGAIN how they're just a bit smaller than The 1975. you utter bozos on this forum. I'll show you some fucking energy.
  24. swede

2020 headliners

The new album does actually finish with a 10+ minute track that the band has said is the most ambitious thing they've ever done 😂
  1. Load more activity