Tramlines 2018

deejayone

1 minute ago, Samjones said:

I’ve seen a couple of people on twitter say that they’ve seen the lineup and that it’s dreadful... @JBarbour would you agree?

Lineups are all subjective. Can't please everyone. 

I would take it with a pinch of salt if people saying they've seen the lineup. The line up is out there (embargoed emails) but still be tight with the people that have actually seen it. It's not easy to get these sort of mailing lists, taken me 3 years :lol:

12 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

Lineups are all subjective. Can't please everyone. 

I would take it with a pinch of salt if people saying they've seen the lineup. The line up is out there (embargoed emails) but still be tight with the people that have actually seen it. It's not easy to get these sort of mailing lists, taken me 3 years :lol:

Ok, the people who are saying it are people who went on that same press day you went to, is it likely that they were sent the lineup then?

18 minutes ago, CRW5252 said:

One thing about those headliners is that they might struggle to attract the younger generation. Noel is still popular but I doubt I lot of people under 21 have heard of Stereophonics or Chic. Doesn't bother me though :P

Of course people under 21 know who Stereophonics or Chic are.

I suppose people may not realise who Chic are at a stretch, but everyone knows their tunes.

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Of course people under 21 know who Stereophonics or Chic are.

I suppose people may not realise who Chic are at a stretch, but everyone knows their tunes.

I don't think the majority do. Agree that more would recognise songs (especially in Chics case). I am 21 btw so I'm just going off what I reckon my mates and my brother's mates (2 years younger) listen to. 

Just now, CRW5252 said:

I don't think the majority do. Agree that more would recognise songs (especially in Chics case). I am 21 btw so I'm just going off what I reckon my mates and my brother's mates (2 years younger) listen to. 

I'm 20, and I reckon I'd struggle to find anyone I know who can't name a Stereophonics song, or at least recognise Dakota / Have a Nice Day etc.

Same with Chic, everyone knows Le Freak & Good Times.

Just throwing my own two cents in, the lineup is definitely going to be a lot bigger this year, I work for the security company and we've just got our hours through for the weekend and the Friday lineup is a full day from half 12 while 11 as opposed to 4 while 10 like previous years, and all days go on until 11 with staff working until 12 which is considerably longer than normal.

Just now, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I'm 20, and I reckon I'd struggle to find anyone I know who can't name a Stereophonics song, or at least recognise Dakota / Have a Nice Day etc.

Same with Chic, everyone knows Le Freak & Good Times.

You must have mates that are more into music then. I know none of my brother's mates would have heard of both of them (including my brother himself). The only thing they listen to is hip hop and dance music (like a lot of young people). Getting any of them to name a member of the Beatles would be a stretch. I'm honestly not exaggerating here. 

I'd say around half of my mates would have heard of both of them. Tbf one of my mates didn't get why everyone was making such a big deal out of David Bowie's death as he hadn't heard of him. Maybe my view is blinkered by dumb mates :lol:

22 minutes ago, Samjones said:

Ok, the people who are saying it are people who went on that same press day you went to, is it likely that they were sent the lineup then?

Not always. I don't get as many embargoed releases or releases in general as eFestivals. You don't automatically get sent this info just because your a music / festival publication. Have to have a good track record. 

They may well have it. But there are bands people are commenting on across social media and here that aren't on the line up. 

4 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

Not always. I don't get as many embargoed releases or releases in general as eFestivals. You don't automatically get sent this info just because your a music / festival publication. Have to have a good track record. 

They may well have it. But there are bands people are commenting on across social media and here that aren't on the line up. 

Intresting, all will be revealed in half an hour anyway!

Fri - Stereophonics

Sat - Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds

Sun - Craig David’s TS5

Blossoms, De La Soul, Jake Bugg, Reverend And The Makers, Stefflon Don

The Sherlocks, Mabel, The Magic Gang, Coasts Pale Waves, Gengahr, Narz, Mullally, Stereo Honey

Mr Motivator and Rhythm Of The 90s.

10 minutes ago, sisco said:

Out of interest what do you expect for £50?!! 

I wasn't even planning on going and it wasn't a comment on the size/value of the acts, but there's usually some good acts on the lineup. Last year had Primal Scream and Metronomy headlining, 2016 had George Clinton and Jurassic 5 as subs, and they both had interesting stuff below that. This year they've got bigger acts but it's basically an entire lineup of Oasis-lite dirge plus Craig David.