NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

On 2/16/2018 at 5:04 PM, Skoo said:

Hi all! Been away a while although checked in a few times.

Hope things work out OK @crazyfool1

I've been busy planning my wedding in May - me and my other half got engaged at Glastonbury 2017 and I've taken a bit of a casual approach to wedding planning until the last couple of weeks where it suddenly dawned on me that I need to get everything sorted!

Trying to go for a bit of a festival style wedding - tipis, bands etc. Not sure how to make it feel a bit more Glasto though, any ideas anyone?

There's some ideas here;

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/106819822385014120/?lp=true

I've reached 500 posts after nearly 9 years. I guess I've not been the most time efficient. :D

I hope you've all had a good weekend, my house is full of colds so I'm knee deep in children's snotty tissues! I'm back at work tomorrow too after a week off... bad timing! 

Thought I'd use the 500th post to wish you all well, and a quick thank you for putting up with my ramblings!

Have an awesome week. 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

I've reached 500 posts after nearly 9 years. I guess I've not been the most time efficient. :D

I hope you've all had a good weekend, my house is full of colds so I'm knee deep in children's snotty tissues! I'm back at work tomorrow too after a week off... bad timing! 

Thought I'd use the 500th post to wish you all well, and a quick thank you for putting up with my ramblings!

Have an awesome week. 

Nice one vintage,

I have an embarrassingly high number of post counts.  I really do need to get some sort of meaningful life, away from here! 

I've GOT to mix loads of concrete tomorrow, which I can't say that I'm looking forward to. This week is going to be an industrious one. It's my wife's 50th birthday in two weeks time, and I need certain things to be in place for then. I'm paying a friend to come and help me for three days starting tomorrow. 

Good luck with the snotty tissues. :)

2 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Cheers Yog! 

How's the log cabin going?

Unfortunately the log cabin is way way behind schedule. I've been devoting too much time to the Ancient Art of Inertia. This is why I have to get cracking on it tomorrow. I've got to have the thing up within two weeks. It's supposed to be able to put up within two days.  Watch this space!

2 hours ago, Bisque said:

Hi Yog. Money well spent.

Just joined the Boomtown Solo Polo group on Facebook in case my friends are drips & drop out. Wanted to go for a while now & Enter Shikari being there with a few DJ's I like has made my mind up. Just need to wait until Pay Day.

Yes, he needs the money, and I need some help.

I had no idea that there was a BoomTown Solo Polo group. It'll be mine / my wife's first time going to it, and I'm excited about it. It'll be nice to get lost somewhere new! 

2 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Yes, he needs the money, and I need some help.

I had no idea that there was a BoomTown Solo Polo group. It'll be mine / my wife's first time going to it, and I'm excited about it. It'll be nice to get lost somewhere new! 

It would be great to meet yup with you there. I'll let you know how my ticket buying goes. I'm eyeing up  cheap flights to Bangkok to visit Laos or Managua in Nicaragua to visit San Juan Del Sur. I can't decide, one will be definitely be more expensive than the other.

1 hour ago, Bisque said:

It would be great to meet yup with you there. I'll let you know how my ticket buying goes. I'm eyeing up  cheap flights to Bangkok to visit Laos or Managua in Nicaragua to visit San Juan Del Sur. I can't decide, one will be definitely be more expensive than the other.

Your holiday plans look fab. I'd like to go to Laos, but can't say that Nicaragua has ever appealed to me before. Mind you, I think that it's likely that I suffer from a misguided perception of some central and southern American countries. I've been to the Far East a few times, and always enjoyed it there.

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Your holiday plans look fab. I'd like to go to Laos, but can't say that Nicaragua has ever appealed to me before. Mind you, I think that it's likely that I suffer from a misguided perception of some central and southern American countries. I've been to the Far East a few times, and always enjoyed it there.

Give it a look, Central sounds like fun although Costa Rica is a bit more expensive. One day I will venture to South America but not on my own.

I think I'll give SE Asia one more go, get a tattoo then think about Central next year if/when I go to uni.

4 hours ago, Bisque said:

Give it a look, Central sounds like fun although Costa Rica is a bit more expensive. One day I will venture to South America but not on my own.

I think I'll give SE Asia one more go, get a tattoo then think about Central next year if/when I go to uni.

Yes, Costa Rica is apparently a relatively safe country to travel. It's a country that I would visit if I had the spare time, and cash.

Well. my plans to start the concrete at 8.30am have gone out of the window. Not really my fault, or laziness either. Will I ever build this bloody chalet!?

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Yes, Costa Rica is apparently a relatively safe country to travel. It's a country that I would visit if I had the spare time, and cash.

Well. my plans to start the concrete at 8.30am have gone out of the window. Not really my fault, or laziness either. Will I ever build this bloody chalet!?

Shall we place bets? ;) 

27 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Shall we place bets? ;) 

Hello lucy,

You can place bets if you like, but don't hold your breath - as you may go purple! :)

Anyway, I've just filled three of the bastard holes with concrete, which makes four filled in total now (I filled one last week, so that I could take a level off it for the other holes). So, four down, just another twenty to go. 

I now have another problem, in that I realize that I'm not going to have enough materials to complete the job. I was trying to get away with using a builders bag of gravel that my neighbour gave me. However, since I decided to 'over engineer' the specification it means that I've created the holes bigger than was actually required. Now this has meant more work and cost for me, but the ground is really quite soft in that area, so I think it's the wisest move.

Anyway, go to go back for more. I think I'm going to do four holes, have a break, four holes etc. Oh, and my mate hasn't  turned up to help - yet!

Thanks for your suggestions everyone!

Can't believe the man himself came to your big day @fatyeti24! How did you swing that one?

So far we have tipis, wristbands, a magician, a live brass band (couldn't afford the new york brass band but found a very good band that are similar!), lanyards and an area where people can do some drawing on canvas and leave us a nice message. People are gonna be camping and we're having fish a chips for the main meal, then pizza for later - no posh grub at our wedding so hopefully none of the guests will complain!

Going to see if Mr Skoo's mum could do us a Pyramid shaped cake, great idea! Or maybe she could do the ribbon tower as that's where we got engaged although that would be quite a challenge!

Jealous of all you BoomTowners, always wanted to go!

Very rainy down here in Brighton today :( 

42 minutes ago, Skoo said:

Thanks for your suggestions everyone!

Can't believe the man himself came to your big day @fatyeti24! How did you swing that one?

So far we have tipis, wristbands, a magician, a live brass band (couldn't afford the new york brass band but found a very good band that are similar!), lanyards and an area where people can do some drawing on canvas and leave us a nice message. People are gonna be camping and we're having fish a chips for the main meal, then pizza for later - no posh grub at our wedding so hopefully none of the guests will complain!

Going to see if Mr Skoo's mum could do us a Pyramid shaped cake, great idea! Or maybe she could do the ribbon tower as that's where we got engaged although that would be quite a challenge!

Jealous of all you BoomTowners, always wanted to go!

Very rainy down here in Brighton today :( 

Hello Skoo,

I went to a wedding once and they had painted the branch of a tree white, and little gift tags that people could write a message on and tie to the branches of the tree. It looked really good, in my opinion. I know that you've got the message angle covered, but thought I'd mention it, just in case. This sort of thing - see below;

wishing-tree-main_1.jpg

wishing-tree-additional-2_1_1.jpg

wishing-tree-sign_1.jpg