Confirmed secret sets 2017

mr flow

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been a bit out of the loop, but as I understand do these look to be some of the likely sets? Any others that we have an inkling on?

Thursday

Williams Green 21:00-21:40 - Circa Waves

Williams Green 22:00-22:40 - Everything Everything

Friday

The Park Friday 19:30-20:30 - Elbow

Saturday

Other Stage Saturday 17:45-18:45 - Liam Gallagher

Sunday

John Peel Sunday 17:30-18:30 - Maccabees

Crossiant Neuf 19:00-20:00 - Ed Sheeran

Just now, mf_2005 said:

@The Placid Casual As far as I can tell people are generally swapping Liam Gallagher, Elbow and Gorillaz between the three big stages. Though Neil has suggest Gorillaz could be on a smaller stage.

Hope they don't throw Elbow in that other slot. I'm up for seeing Liam there but Elbow bore me.

The park secret slot's a no goer for me.

Looking forward to following this.

I spoke to someone last week after a gig I'd been to who said he was supposed to be playing Strummerville this year, but wasn't too keen on having to lump all his equipment up there on his own, so I'm not too sure he will play or not.

4 hours ago, Los Kingfisher said:

This will make life way easier than when I was last there in 2010, thanks in advance for your efforts!

In 2010 I got to the park in time to see Jonny Greenwood and Thom Yorke thanks to Worthy FM.

Twitter alerts will be great! 

3 hours ago, mf_2005 said:

Strummerville just announced and have a few slots open.

Friday

• Special Guest 20:00 - 21:00
  • Special Guest 01:00 - 02:00

Saturday

• TBC 19:00 - 21:00
  • TBC 21:00 - 23:00

Sunday

• Very Special Guest 22:00 - 23:00

Surely Beans on Toast will be one of these. Maybe even Frank Turner? For once he's got a bit of a gap in his touring schedule

12 hours ago, joeshez89 said:

Surely Beans on Toast will be one of these. Maybe even Frank Turner? For once he's got a bit of a gap in his touring schedule

Frank Turner is in Germany the Friday and Saturday but could well be the Sunday spot.

On 6/7/2017 at 7:11 PM, joeshez89 said:

Saw Frank Turner at the old Strummerville few years back, he was a little worse for wear (as was I) enjoyable all the same. 

Have you been to any recent guest slots at Strummerville, not sure who to expect there but FT would be great. 

As long as it isnt an Ed Sheeran Tribute i'll be pleased....

Edited by jacko160

14 minutes ago, jacko160 said:

Saw Frank Turner at the old Strummerville few years back, he was a little worse for wear (as was I) enjoyable all the same. 

Have you been to any recent guest slots at Strummerville, not sure who to expect there but FT would be great. 

As long as it isnt an Ed Sheeran Tribute i'll be pleased....

FT did a special guest spot there in 2015. However he was already on the line-up that year playing the other stage and left field