Bloomin eck this forum

slipmatt

12 minutes ago, brennananan said:

I lurk on here mostly but I do have to admit to lurking daily! Can't help it.... Sometimes wonder if I should find help??? 

I've not been active on any forums for many years so I was like this for a while, but now I've started posting more and more and its getting a bit worrying.

I can see myself being 10,000 posts in and 20 glastos deep eventually.

Another member of 'lurkers anonymous' here. This forum brings much joy, laughter and bits of useful info, but plays hell with my work productivity particularly in the first 6 months of the year!

thanks to all the regular posters who keep all of us lurkers entertained so thoroughly!

17 minutes ago, Jamie D said:

My 19 year old apprentice at work is baffled that I'm always on a forum and not a Facebook group or Snapchat. I'm still not entirely sure how Snapchat works.

Ha ha I decided to cut down on my Facebook time by deleting the app on my phone .. now I just spend the time on efests instead !!

I'm in rural Peru on fieldwork..when there are no interviews to do in the evening, this forum is the only thing keeping me sane.....altho my glasto crew may tell you that rather than keeping me sane, it is infact making me bonkes, so maybe six of one, half a dozen of the other :lol:

Ha ha brilliant thread, I'm a mostly lurker odd time poster but do love the piss taking that goes on between the regulars, many a time I show them to the wifey laughing, also the info from here can be invaluable too. Keep up the good work guys

Most people will have heard this story before, but there may be one or two that haven't, so I'll repeat it (but I'll be brief this time). There was a very sad and lonely time in my life which lasted for years (try 7). I had (and fortunately still have them) almost life long mates during this period, but only got to see them on a Friday or Saturday night when we went out. This left me on my own for 5 nights of the week. I didn't want a relationship having been severely scarred from going out with a sociopath (my family and male and female friends conclusion, as now, on reflection, my own). I used to go to supermarkets in the evening and loiter around, just so that I could be next to people. Anyway, it all got a bit too much for me at one point and even the love I felt for my family couldn't stop me from having a go at ending my own existence. Fortunately I wasn't successful. Not long after this I discovered this forum and it was like coming to the surface of a body of water and breathing air, after thinking that you were going to drown. That really is no exaggeration.

This forum really helped me during that very sad period in my life. I like to think that my contributions on here have helped give something back to the forum (the only forum I've ever been on and, if you can use such a word in this context, love). I say all this because my days on here are probably numbered. My wife calls this forum 'my other woman'. It was said as a joke at first, but is increasingly being said without the attached humour. So, I have indicated to her that I will stop going on here about six weeks after this years Glastonbury. I'll need to be in on the post Glastonbury action for about that period of time.

On top of all that, this will, most likely, be the last Glastonbury that I go to. I've been to 20+ of them and enjoyed every one of them (even 2007, which very nearly broke me). That's why it was very important for me to get a ticket to this years festival, as the two meet ups there will be my time to say hello and goodbye to many of you off here. 

I wasn't going to mention this until after Glastonbury, but the timing of this thread made it seem appropriate to do it now.

Kev ( the piss artist formerly known as Yog)

xxx

PS -  I suppose I could  always divorce her! 

1 hour ago, zico martin said:

Oh yog you are part of the furniture here, do you really have to?

Hello zico,

I think that I do really. In addition to my wife tiring of me being on here far too much for her liking, I feel that I've got to make a few life changes in the coming months. I feel that I'm stagnating and need to do more in the real world. We are waiting for somebody to get back to us this Tuesday on whether they will buy our house for a price which is acceptable to me (my wife would have settled earlier for considerably less). If it's a runner then I think it will take up to three months to complete, as there's a technical factor involved, which will extend the normal sale processing time. In the mean time we've got to make some big time life decisions as to what way forward we go. So far, we've come up with a few ideas. One is a sensible thing to do, and the others range from quite sensible to, probably, insane. I think we'd both really like to do the insane option, but we have already kind of done that before by blowing a staggering amount of money up the wall in a drink, drug and travel binge. 

I've never actually known what to do with my life. Ever. I kind of fell in to a reasonable job and stayed there for 25 years, refusing all offers of promotion throughout, because, deep down, I didn't want to be where I was let alone get any further deeper in. I'm happy that I never became a corporate person, but look back and think that I squandered a load of years staying put. Now I've got an opportunity to do something of my own choosing, but alas, still haven't got a clue what that is. Actually, that's not quite true. I would like to create an environment where my wife could concentrate on writing. However, she is reluctant to commit time and money to this - although she wavered a little on it this evening when I said to her that if we don't do it now, then when are we going to do it. Time will tell. Anyway, I've veered off course a little, and will leave it there for now.

Ahhh Mr Yog - I do not know you, but I thank you for your honest and heartfelt response. Sometimes you need to follow your gut and do what your heart tells you to do. Whatever that may be, trust it and just remember that whatever happens, don't forget to 'be' yourself :)

31 minutes ago, slipmatt said:

Ahhh Mr Yog - I do not know you, but I thank you for your honest and heartfelt response. Sometimes you need to follow your gut and do what your heart tells you to do. Whatever that may be, trust it and just remember that whatever happens, don't forget to 'be' yourself :)

Yep, got to do what's got to be done. :)