Alternative Glastonbury Tips

congyiszizu

use the hook/lock in the longdrops for hanging your bag when you need the loo to keep it off the floor there is a photo on a thread somewhere showing the MO

Bin bags for sitting on, boots off and rubbish obvs

buy small empty travel bottles and fill with liquid soap/sanitizer as they often run out

use the lock ups, make it the first thing you do when your tent is up

In the words of Baz Luhrmann  -wear sunscreen (as it WILL be hot)

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Whizzer changed my life.  https://www.amazon.co.uk/Freedom-Female-Urinal-Guide-Healthcare-x/dp/B018G5102C/ref=sr_1_5_s_it?s=drugstore&ie=UTF8&qid=1493125107&sr=1-5&keywords=whiz+freedom

I just womble a couple of empty water bottles from the ground on the way home at night.  Fill, empty in longdrop next morning, bin it.  It's picking up litter and getting a crafty piddle in your tent.  Win/win. 

Hide a bag of wine (from a box) in your clothes with the nozzle poking out of your fly.  Enjoy the look of horror from the crowds as you fill up your clear plastic cup with wine (red or white has equal amusement factor) from your lower abdomen and take a large gulp.

1 hour ago, guypjfreak said:

Yea I'll not say where so you can find her.. I've never noticed her /him but it's been there for years.. I think they'll be making it more of a feature.. Don't expect a dragon but it's cool 

How about a hint guypjfreak?! After several Glastonburys I only found the dragon on a visit a couple of weeks ago!!  Now I have to find a nymph!! Pretty please...xx

16 minutes ago, siblin said:

Hide a bag of wine (from a box) in your clothes with the nozzle poking out of your fly.  Enjoy the look of horror from the crowds as you fill up your clear plastic cup with wine (red or white has equal amusement factor) from your lower abdomen and take a large gulp.

Haha. Bonus points for making your mates drink from it!

27 minutes ago, Trout Mask Replica said:

Unless you absolutely have to be somewhere give it 10-15 mins before moving after the headline act finishes. Your route to the next spot will be less crowded. 

^^^^ I do this all the time as can't stand crowd surges.... I just chat to the fella, reflect what we have watched and decide which bar to get the next drink at

45 minutes ago, Kay95 said:

We took a soda stream and spirits last year... saved a *lot* on mixers.  in terms of kit its light - worth it even travelling by coach

Sorry but can't believe this slipped by. Wut? You brought a soda stream? This both horrifies me and fascinates me. How in the hell? Or am i visualising the wrong thing like those great big yokes in the 80's with canisters and all sorts. 

10 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Sorry but can't believe this slipped by. Wut? You brought a soda stream? This both horrifies me and fascinates me. How in the hell? Or am i visualising the wrong thing like those great big yokes in the 80's with canisters and all sorts. 

:D yep... one of these 5711222_R_Z001A?$Web$&w=570&h=513

saved so much money on mixers.... 

to be fair we do like to challenge ourselves on what we can do each year.... I have baked a loaf of sourdough by the tent in Pennards before.

5 minutes ago, Kay95 said:

to be fair we do like to challenge ourselves on what we can do each year.... I have baked a loaf of sourdough by the tent in Pennards before.

Brilliant. 

14 minutes ago, Kay95 said:

Fabulous! I'm Pennards, if I smell freshly baking bread I'm coming to find you! 

5 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Fabulous! I'm Pennards, if I smell freshly baking bread I'm coming to find you! 

it was 2013 and required a cast iron pot.... definitely not carrying that on the coach

but if you hear the rushing sound of gas, don't assume its a nos balloon - could just be me sorting out my tonic for the day :) 

No automatic alt text available.

Take a watering can rose and attach it to a large water bottle to wash your hair or have a shower. Better still if it's sunny leave the bottle in your tent to warm and pop back in the afternoon to use it.

If you are in CV fields invest in an Igloo Max or Coleman Icecold for wine, beers and cider. We rarely buy drinks these days. This coolbag from Lakeland ( http://www.lakeland.co.uk/3447/The-Lakeland-Insulated-Cool-Bag-20L )  keeps drinks in transit ice cool for hours and can be dropped at a lock up for the evening if like us you are not on an all dayer!

Pick up recycling bags from the Info points, encourage those around you to use it too.

Do a random act of kindness, every day! :)

Edited by StoneCircle

16 minutes ago, Kay95 said:

it was 2013 and required a cast iron pot.... definitely not carrying that on the coach

but if you hear the rushing sound of gas, don't assume its a nos balloon - could just be me sorting out my tonic for the day :) 

Wow! Brilliant! 

I'm loving the soda stream idea! Might have to investigate that :)

13 minutes ago, neil_d said:

A tip I got from here a couple of years ago... take your own metal cutlery. Often much nicer/easier to eat with than the recyclable stuff, just make sure to keep it properly clean.

This!  I got laughed at when I initially whipped out the metal travel cutlery, but the laughs had turned to envious glances by the Saturday.  The crappy wooden things you get supplied with meals are awful for eating most things with.

1 hour ago, Kay95 said:

The only that will be baked outside my tent will be me :)

3 hours ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

My Whizzer changed my life.  https://www.amazon.co.uk/Freedom-Female-Urinal-Guide-Healthcare-x/dp/B018G5102C/ref=sr_1_5_s_it?s=drugstore&ie=UTF8&qid=1493125107&sr=1-5&keywords=whiz+freedom

I just womble a couple of empty water bottles from the ground on the way home at night.  Fill, empty in longdrop next morning, bin it.  It's picking up litter and getting a crafty piddle in your tent.  Win/win. 

This looks worryingly like the ShePees (can't remember exactly where they're located..think its a WaterAid thing). I got the worst stage fright trying to use one of those. But maybe in the privacy of my own tent it might be a different story!

3 hours ago, Dillyblue said:

How about a hint guypjfreak?! After several Glastonburys I only found the dragon on a visit a couple of weeks ago!!  Now I have to find a nymph!! Pretty please...xx

Well if you found the dragon you were in the same field.. It took me years to find the dragon too lol.. I kept thinking I'd found it when I saw the big wooden one... Where has that gone btw I heard that it had gone to a theme park somewhere..