The Unsuccessful

FloorFiller

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Purple aki squat said:

Missed out , decided it was a good idea to get pissed so headed to tesco to load up. Welled up when I saw the bottles of brothers.

Going to be a long six months 

Just think how good it will feel when we all finally get them! 

First time I've missed out since 2004 - cannot explain how gutted I am. The guy who normally gets through for us isn't going next year cos he's having a baby, so he didn't even try - as soon as I found that out I kind of knew our number was up. Got a decent pool of people trying for us in the resale though but it's a long 6 months and an even longer three years between festivals if we don't get anything.

Update: by the looks of things I am now single!

Im still upset about missing out and haven't said much since the end of the sale. My other half told me to stop moping saying we'd go on hols instead. I said fine but only after we KNOW we aren't going. She said she wasn't willing to try in April and that as I am I must love Glasto more than her and stormed out!

Sounds like something out of Eastenders :P

I've been lucky in resales and secret resales in the last 3 years for friends, just never for myself, I'm usually sorted at this point....still keeping the faith for April, just more tickets to buy than usual now, it'll be a tall order. If my glasto luck has run out, so be it

1 hour ago, mjsell said:

I'm most annoyed that I can't fully get involved with Glastonbury related discussions either on here or with mates that have their tickets - I just don't have the mental fortitude to fully get in to it without a ticket to back up my excitement. 

I was in that situation last year so I know how you feel.  Even all the line up rumours… It is slightly annoying when you don't know whether you will be able to go or not.  Keep the faith though.  Lots of help being offered for the resale on here (including me).

24 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

Im still upset about missing out and haven't said much since the end of the sale. My other half told me to stop moping saying we'd go on hols instead. I said fine but only after we KNOW we aren't going. She said she wasn't willing to try in April and that as I am I must love Glasto more than her and stormed out!

Jeremy Kyle special there. 

"Festivals or the Missus - viewers decide"

Don't worry, we will vote Glasto.

26 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

Haha brilliant, I sense an ultimatum coming "it's either Glastonbury or me?" There's gonna be tears!! 

5 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Jeremy Kyle special there. 

"Festivals or the Missus - viewers decide"

Don't worry, we will vote Glasto.

3 minutes ago, Padgey said:

Haha brilliant, I sense an ultimatum coming "it's either Glastonbury or me?" There's gonna be tears!! 

She knows how I feel about Glasto. We can't really afford to go on holiday OR Glasto but especially next year I wanted to go to Glasto. Might be my last one so I wanted to go out with a bang so to speak knowing there isn't one in 2018. I hardly think waiting til May for the resale is going to hurt us. Can still book a holiday if we want to.

Jeremy Kyle indeed great reference that :P

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Go on then; who wasn't lucky this year? Let us all wallow in self pity and have an agonising 6 months together :( 

FF...

We were lucky in getting all we wanted, so assuming I'm available (e.g. not at work...), put me on your list as a helper in April. As the OP on our glorious Electronica/Dance thread, my mission is to get you there. 

:)

Ben x

33 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

One less ticket to try for in the resale! :lol:

1 hour ago, mungo57 said:

Thanks Fuzzy.

Im currently signing up for advance info from festaff and oxfam for volunteering places next year. I'm determined that potentially my last Glasto will still go ahead family or no family. I'm more upset at them whining on as if it's my fault rather than the fact we didn't get tickets to be fair. They e flat out ruled out April all because we MAY not be able to use a camper van or spring ground as that may be full up. Pathetic the lot of em.

I was in spring ground last year in a tent, not sure how they work with the cv's but is there anyway I can apply and pass on to you if lucky in resale?