Michael Eavis spills the beans

ladybird33

So, I went to a Michael Eavis talk this weekend and it was quite interesting.  He had some interesting stories about festivals past and didn't give too much away about next year. He confirmed the headliner next year would definitely not want him (Michael) singing with him. Joe Rush is doing a new installation next year which sounds epic ..  And they're taking deliveries at the farm in respect of that tomorrow. And he's currently negotiating with the other farms for the next 12 years. About half have signed up so far, so that's good news! And then I met him :-) chuffed with that! 

5 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

Probably fits Radiohead's description - but then it fits the description of most bands to play the farm! 

Yeah I think it's just a quip. It'll be annoying in two months time if people are using it as a measure to rule acts in or out. :P

The 'farms half signed up' news sounds great but obviously could be misleading as we don't know where they are with the other half. Suppose it means relocations plans are dead then, for better or for worse.

2 hours ago, ladybird33 said:

So, I went to a Michael Eavis talk this weekend and it was quite interesting.  He had some interesting stories about festivals past and didn't give too much away about next year. He confirmed the headliner next year would definitely not want him (Michael) singing with him. Joe Rush is doing a new installation next year which sounds epic ..  And they're taking deliveries at the farm in respect of that tomorrow. And he's currently negotiating with the other farms for the next 12 years. About half have signed up so far, so that's good news! And then I met him :-) chuffed with that! 

I doubt it means much at all but I'd say Roses over the 3 suspected as of now.

It'll be Take That, original line up along with the Robbie one too (to promote his new album). Michaels reference to be not wanted to singalong obviously means that he will most definitely be wanted by the great Lord Bastard Barlow.

Also Barlow had a short quick Glasto mention on the One Show the other evening, with regards to him having never played which he replied "I'll put it on my list"!

It's happening I tell ya! And an encore with the Sande person, to end in a mass mud throwing/plastic cup throwing booing baying riotous 100'000 strong mob!

Either that or LedZep, in which case he's right, they won't want him singing.

Edited by Cooter

Gary Barlow chuckling over his plans to play Glastonbury on the One Show really is quite disgusting, a very sad display of the "Glastonbury is for everybody" shit the BBC peddles.

If you aren't a weirdo, it's not for you.

Edited by GETOFFAMYLAWN

10 hours ago, Cooter said:

It'll be Take That, original line up along with the Robbie one too (to promote his new album). Michaels reference to be not wanted to singalong obviously means that he will most definitely be wanted by the great Lord Bastard Barlow.

Also Barlow had a short quick Glasto mention on the One Show the other evening, with regards to him having never played which he replied "I'll put it on my list"!

It's happening I tell ya! And an encore with the Sande person, to end in a mass mud throwing/plastic cup throwing booing baying riotous 100'000 strong mob!

Either that or LedZep, in which case he's right, they won't want him singing.

Barlow's "I'll put it on my list" was very definitely a "I'm not interested in Glastonbury". A polite way of giving it the brush off.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

There you go. :)

Definitive info that the plan going forwards is for the festival to continue, and for it to continue at Worthy Farm if possible.

Good news, although his options are limited now Longleat have turned down the opportunity.

30 minutes ago, Padgey said:

Good news, although his options are limited now Longleat have turned down the opportunity.

As far as I'm aware, the search for an alternative site continues, for use for an fallow year festival and/or as a new site for the main event (tho that's about having options rather than any absolute desire to move away from Pilton, from what I've understood of what i've heard).

23 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Ngl I'd rather they moved somewhere else than £350 tickets in ten years time.

I'm already close to my self imposed limit for tickets (£250) so I will probably have to think long and hard when it comes to 2018's festival whether I try for a ticket or not.

Will decide closer to the time on that one.

I am already planning a holiday for 2018 to fill the gap so it will likely depend on how much money I splurge on that!

43 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

I'm already close to my self imposed limit for tickets (£250) so I will probably have to think long and hard when it comes to 2018's festival whether I try for a ticket or not.

I think the decision may be taken for you.

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

As far as I'm aware, the search for an alternative site continues, for use for an fallow year festival and/or as a new site for the main event (tho that's about having options rather than any absolute desire to move away from Pilton, from what I've understood of what i've heard).

if, as now seems the case, they see the festival continuing for the forseeable future, and not, say, ending when he turns 80 or something, then they'd be foolish not to have some back up plans.

good news all round it seems.

1 hour ago, fatyeti24 said:

if, as now seems the case, they see the festival continuing for the forseeable future, and not, say, ending when he turns 80 or something, then they'd be foolish not to have some back up plans.

good news all round it seems.

bit late mate, he turned 80 last October. Nearly 81 now.