The Killers?

Nibble

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Drinky said:

The Killers in the New Tent in 2004 was incredible. On the Pyramid in 2005 they were good. Headlining in 2007 they were poor (the year of the wind-affected sound).

So based on that trajectory... Maybe best not?

A good assessment - that 2004 gig was great, place was rammed, the tent was about 1/4 the size it is now (possibly less). Was that just after Mr Brightside was released? I remember the whole place went off.

2005 - who was that before?

2007 - yes, we were in the section of the crowding shouting 'turn it up, turn it up' - sounded like it was being played through a yoghurt pot on a bit of string. Bloody awful. That and the weather. When the firewords went off on the opening (Sam's town?) I thought it was going to be great, but it was awful.

Never has a career trajectory been more disappointing than that of the Killers. Bloody loved Hot Fuss.

19 minutes ago, Yokel Again said:

A good assessment - that 2004 gig was great, place was rammed, the tent was about 1/4 the size it is now (possibly less). Was that just after Mr Brightside was released? I remember the whole place went off.

2005 - who was that before?

2007 - yes, we were in the section of the crowding shouting 'turn it up, turn it up' - sounded like it was being played through a yoghurt pot on a bit of string. Bloody awful. That and the weather. When the firewords went off on the opening (Sam's town?) I thought it was going to be great, but it was awful.

Never has a career trajectory been more disappointing than that of the Killers. Bloody loved Hot Fuss.

I think they were before doves in 2005

50 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I note with an arched eyebrow that Reverend and the Makers have suddenly popped up in the eFests sidebar of shame, comin' at ya like the baddies in a provincial pantomime.

Get yourself out to Dalkieth for Midstock. Reverend and the Makers, Scouting for Girls and The Pigeon Detectives bringing the Indie landfill accompanied by The Venga Boys.

39 minutes ago, russycarps said:

I think they were before doves in 2005

Nah - it would have been Doves, Killers, White Stripes.

I was watching Royksopp then Fatboy Slim with one man and his dog at the Other Stage (I saw Doves first though).

37 minutes ago, Homer said:

Nah - it would have been Doves, Killers, White Stripes.

I was watching Royksopp then Fatboy Slim with one man and his dog at the Other Stage (I saw Doves first though).

ah that makes sense actually, because I saw them again in 2005 so probably couldnt be arsed to move while waiting for white stripes. Cant remember anything about the 2005 set though!

Just now, russycarps said:

ah that makes sense actually, because I saw them again in 2005 so probably couldnt be arsed to move while waiting for white stripes. Cant remember anything about the 2005 set though!

An awfully big racket made by two people, with one of them not doing very much. I was sat up on the hill by my tent at the time.

53 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Get yourself out to Dalkieth for Midstock. Reverend and the Makers, Scouting for Girls and The Pigeon Detectives bringing the Indie landfill accompanied by The Venga Boys.

I will fight anyone who says Romantic Type by The Pidgeon Detectives isn't a a banger. Come at me bro. 

1 minute ago, giantkatestacks said:

That made me properly laugh in the office as my 12 year old says ' come at me bro' a lot, usually when we disagree about bedtimes.

If I had a kid and he said "Come at me bro" when we were arguing about bedtimes, I would let him stay up as late as he damn well wanted. That kid's got chutzpah!

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Reasons to be cheerful.

Mid-noughties nostalgia feels like bad juju in 2016, but come 2026 people will be getting the feels over ten years of albums like RTJ2, Lemonade and TPAB

I'm being dense, TPAB?