The Killers?

Nibble

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Quark said:

Right, I take issue with some of these. Believe, Africa and Fairground are bangers. Any dissent will see the culprits barred from Quark's Bar. End of.

Fine. I'll drink somewhere else, somewhere with music I can appreciate!

cantina_823fc41c.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C620

1 minute ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

I was at the other side. I am intrigued as to what Mrs Woffy did though. 

Leans forward and said in one of them's ears:

'Do you maybe want to go and do that elsewhere?'

Fornicating continues.

Request repeated, politely...along the lines of 'go to your tent, FFS'.

The couple start to 'readjust' and she wraps herself around him in preparation for full penetration. All the while stumbling back- / side-wards into us.

Forceful, but non-violent, almost 'directional' shove (it was very roomy where we were stood), accompanied by a ('youtube monkeyontheroof-style') "ffffffffffuck...offfffffffffff' and they kinda 'came too' a bit and moved away.

2 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Fine. I'll drink somewhere else, somewhere with music I can appreciate!

cantina_823fc41c.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C620

Pfft. Half rate dive bar. Overpriced blue milk and punters with bums for faces.

Still preferable to that fucking Nickelback song though.

Just now, Scruffylovemonster said:

Will people please stop extolling the virtues of simply red. They are offensively bad. And fairground is probably the worst of all their songs. Much worse than money's too tight to mention era and that's bad enough. 

Time for the Hucknall rabbit shagging gag yet?

1 minute ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Will people please stop extolling the virtues of simply red. They are offensively bad. And fairground is probably the worst of all their songs. Much worse than money's too tight to mention era and that's bad enough. 

You are "this" close to a downvote and a strongly worded rebuke Scruff.

32 minutes ago, Quark said:

So anyway, The Killers...

Bit of a guilty pleasure for me and have seen them a couple of times, Manchester, V09 and thought they were great live. I'd have a look if they played but I can't see it personally, not headlining anyway. (Have any previous headliners come back and played further down the bill)? They would possibly even persuade my girlfriend to return to Glastonbury.

The Killers have never done anything for me. I would see them as a strong Other Stage headliner booking these days, but I would be massively disappointed if they ever got booked to headline the Pyramid.

3 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

This may throw the cat amongst the pigeon (detectives) but I really can't stand 'Africa' by Toto.

You need to stop telling people this. One of these days you'll say it at a party, and the world's biggest Toto fan will be there and want to wreck you. And I won't stop him. 

2 hours ago, mr jolly said:

No one has mentioned dancing in the moonlight by toploader. That song needs wiping from history. I hate that song with a passion,especially the organ solo in the middle. It's on the radio all the time,Achilles heel wasn't a bad song but you never hear it.

We were talking about Toploader on the journey down to the festival this year. All 5 of us laughed for quite some time when we discussed the fact their album was called "Onka's Big Mokka". We all agreed it's literally the worst album name of all time, by one of the worst bands of all time. 

32 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Off the top of my head

The levellers

Manic street preachers

Elvis costello

The prodigy

Travis

Echo and the bunnymen

Chemical brothers

Sinead o connor

Primal scream

Have all headlined and since played elsewhere. Sure there'll be more if I think or Google. 

Van Morrison 

25 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Off the top of my head

The levellers

Manic street preachers

Elvis costello

The prodigy

Travis

Echo and the bunnymen

Chemical brothers

Sinead o connor

Primal scream

Have all headlined and since played elsewhere. Sure there'll be more if I think or Google. 

Thanks for that, definitely possible then.

25 minutes ago, The Orgazoid said:

We were talking about Toploader on the journey down to the festival this year. All 5 of us laughed for quite some time when we discussed the fact their album was called "Onka's Big Mokka". We all agreed it's literally the worst album name of all time, by one of the worst bands of all time. 

A Salt With Deadly Pepa?

3 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Thanks for that, definitely possible then.

A Salt With Deadly Pepa?

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

We're talking about the worst, not best.

Yeah, at least that's some decent word play. Onka's Big Mokka is complete bullshit. It means nothing to anyone.