Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

Just now, SwedgeAntilles said:

Listen, I love The Bends as much as the next man (unless the next man is you obviously) but at the very least OKC is better, even if you prefer their pre-Kid A style. 

Plus you're in the Radiohead thread, if you can't take enjoyment in looking down your nose at your fellow fan then you're in the wrong place. 

Plus beard-stroking. There's lots of beard-stroking 

Hahaha! I agree wholeheartedly :D

I love OKC. But The Bends still pips it for me!

Just now, Mezhyp1 said:

Suggesting The Bends is better than Kid A or OK Computer is like suggesting V Fest is a suitable alternative for 2018 in my eyes 

I love them all. But I skip more tracks (I'm talking two max) on OKC and Kid A than I do with The Bends.

Oh and the V Fest comparison made me be a little bit sick in my mouth! 

15 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

In Rainbows is one of my favourite albums ever....am I cool again guys?:o

The truly hip say it's King of Limbs and that its so much better live and with the additional tracks! Ha! 

In rainbows is my favourite - I used to like the Bends more than OK computer, but I seemed to go off the Bends many years ago, not sure why. 

Just now, Mr.Tease said:

The truly hip say it's King of Limbs and that its so much better live and with the additional tracks! Ha! 

In rainbows is my favourite - I used to like the Bends more than OK computer, but I seemed to go off the Bends many years ago, not sure why. 

Funny you should say that, mine was always OKC then slowly switched to Bends. It could all change again! 

I missed a trick not saying KOL :( I should be subject to a rigorous cyber bullying! 

Just out of curiosity, how much did everyone put in that online honesty box for In Rainbows?

I was broke at the time and yet my conscience would not allow me to pay a derisory amount. At the same time I thought they were considerably richer than me and would it be right to pay a large amount. In the end, riddled with indecision I didn't buy it and forgot all about it for a few years. It was only when a fellow Christmas temp Waterstones shelver (the lowest of the low) was saying that it was their best album that I ended up buying it on cd for £10

8 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Funny you should say that, mine was always OKC then slowly switched to Bends. It could all change again! 

I missed a trick not saying KOL :( I should be subject to a rigorous cyber bullying! 

REMs Automatic for the People (out of time has aged horrifically!) is actually a good album and I may start to bully you for not having it ;) 

1 minute ago, Mr.Tease said:

REMs Automatic for the People (out of time has aged horrifically!) is actually a good album and I may start to bully you for not having it ;) 

I have a selection of tunes off it in my monster playlist but have never owned the album! I'd genuinely love to see them get back together and play Glasto!

1 minute ago, Mr.Tease said:

Also....when you said you bet I've got one of those cd folders from Woolworths...I haven't got the plastic stand thing...but I've still got one of those cd folders in my car with a shit load of albums in! One of my mates was ripping me for it the other day! Had no idea they weren't cool anymore, I love it! 

1 hour ago, Mr.Tease said:

The Thief one has grown on me lately - it has happy memories of Glastonbury 2003 for me because they had just released it and played a large chunk of it- if I get a ticket in the resale, I hope the same happens with a moon shaped pool

It's gone up in my estimations too, mainly after watching the 2003 live show. That There There into 2 + 2 = 5 opening really was a great way to start that set. 

As for AMSP. I'd say it currently sits in 4th or 5th for me. 

AMSP is probably 5th for me. Tough call though. Could go up to 4th or down to 6th.

Ful Stop is one of their best live tracks at the minute though. As in, top 10 live Radiohead tracks. Identikit is probably in the top 15 as well. 

Either way, it's such an impressive record for a band that have been around as long as Radiohead. To release something of that quality, with some genuinely top tier tracks, is a testament to their greatness. Could it be the best 9th album ever?

13 hours ago, jparx said:

When I first got in to Radiohead, around 2003, I didn't mind it at all. But that was when I just owned The Bends and OK Computer. After I got in to their other records, and when In Rainbows came out, it just became really apparent that it's mega pants.

The Gloaming > High and Dry

Also why did this get 2 downvotes? :lol: Some really passionate High and Dry fans out there!

• Downvote 2

1 minute ago, jparx said:

OK, how about the best album released 23 years after their first?

I'm just throwing these out there. I haven't checked anything :lol:

i would go digging for great albums released 23 years after the debut but i can't be arsed. it's a great album but it's no millstone or anything. TKOL was a scary time as it seemed like they may finally be running out of ideas, so it was great to hear that they in fact hadn't and are still capable of releasing amazing albums and mixing it up a bit. here's to many more (i hope)

So when they do play the Saturday night (which they will), will those of us at entry level or with questionable listicles be sectioned off into a different part of the crowd? 

I've got a wonderful image of the BBC being absolutely screwed over because the front pit is just full of people stroking their chins, nodding, and arguing over lists during Creep...

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

So when they do play the Saturday night (which they will), will those of us at entry level or with questionable listicles be sectioned off into a different part of the crowd? 

I've got a wonderful image of the BBC being absolutely screwed over because the front pit is just full of people stroking their chins, nodding, and arguing over lists during Creep...

Better than a load of flags....