Queuing on the A37

ManchesterGlasto

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, gerardfenton18 said:

I can honestly say im happy for you, having been seeing you posting from i was lying on the feery at 2am.

itll be worth it though

Thanks so much <3

approach to Pylle lane was quite straightforward as the drive into the car park.

keep at it those of you still travelling. It'll all be worth it once those tents are up. 

A37 northbound seems to have slowed. 

Brother has got out of car with the tents to walk 5 miles and put them up onsite. Don't know if that's the sensible thing or not, but he's gone for it. 

All alone now, with worthy fm to listen to and A Clash of Kings to read! 

Who knows how long I'll be here. 

That first cider will be even more deserved this year! 

1 minute ago, al_coholic said:

My mate left Hereford at 2am and is in the site and tent is up in Oxlyers. Other mates girlfriend got out the car in G town and has walked the 6 miles to the site with the tent and she is at the site now

How is oxylers looking do you know? That's where were camping if we make it there.

1 minute ago, EamerRed said:

This is doing my head in. Been sat on the A37 southbound for hours now and moved about 0.4 of a mile. Hearing of other people who've gone via back roads and are already set up. Stressing ffs

I know we are the same. Thought we were doing the right thing by avoiding back roads - we've been on a37 since 11pm

Sorry to say guys but I am looking at the AA travel map for the area and its not getting any better at the moment. If you are north of Shepton Mallett on the A37 then the backroads won't help you much. If you are south of Shepton Mallett heading north towards Pylle Lane then you may get a bit of relief trying to go through Ditcheat, but the buses from Castle Cary are now clogging up that area as well

1 hour ago, Chazwozza said:

Nice one @Charm ! If you have time can you let us know about driving conditions in the car parks pls?

Conditions walking from car park (pink)were pretty bad, trolleys collapsing everywhere, we came in with just our tents, feel pleased with myself right now, all pitched up and very very happy. 
Charm x