'Boro v Burnley

Stoke v Liverpool

West Brom v Southampton

West Ham v Swansea

Bournemouth v Chelsea

Sunderland v Man Utd

Everton v Leicester

Crystal Palace v Arsenal

Looks like a top 6 all to win acca for me.

13 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Don't see it pal. We've not won without Mane in the league all season.

I don't see that stat as really being about him, and more of a coincidence in timing with other things that have happened - tho I'm not doubting that they're a better team when he plays.

It's the other injuries that are mattering more, i'd say. Hendo and Lallana.

With the full choice of centre backs available again, if I were Klopp I'd bring back Moreno so that Milner could be moved into the middle, to give that extra bit of creativity they're lacking from there (tho I know it's desperate times if Milner is your main man for that creativity :P).

14 hours ago, DavisO89 said:

Weekend predictions?

Spuds v Watford
Man City v Hull
'Boro v Burnley
Stoke v Liverpool
West Brom v Southampton
West Ham v Swansea
Bournemouth v Chelsea
Sunderland v Man Utd
Everton v Leicester
Crystal Palace v Arsenal

Spurs
City
'Boro
Stoke
Soton
West Ham
Chelsea
United
Draw
Arsenal

15 hours ago, DavisO89 said:

Weekend predictions?

Spuds v Watford

Man City v Hull

'Boro v Burnley

Stoke v Liverpool

West Brom v Southampton

West Ham v Swansea

Bournemouth v Chelsea

Sunderland v Man Utd

Everton v Leicester

Crystal Palace v Arsenal

spurs
hull
draw
stoke
draw
Swansea
Chelsea
Man UItd
Leicester
Palace

15 hours ago, zahidf said:

I have no idea what Jurgen is thinking with that team. Why start firminio and Couthino on the bench when the top 4 is so close?

Coutinho has been ill all week, throwing up - including at half time in the mid-week match - and hasn't trained. He's been heading towards 'better' since Friday but is short of 'fit'.

Firmino has complained to Klopp of feeling fatigued, the first time he's done so - tho his play has shown that he is on occasion before, so for him to complain it's worse than normal. He was given a rest.

It might have worked out badly, but worked out very well - and it's quite possibly the case that those two wouldn't have made the same impact playing from the start. 

Klopp can be blamed for scaring the fans, but I reckon you've got to give him credit for calling it right overall, as they won.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

Coutinho has been ill all week, throwing up - including at half time in the mid-week match - and hasn't trained. He's been heading towards 'better' since Friday but is short of 'fit'.

Firmino has complained to Klopp of feeling fatigued, the first time he's done so - tho his play has shown that he is on occasion before, so for him to complain it's worse than normal. He was given a rest.

It might have worked out badly, but worked out very well - and it's quite possibly the case that those two wouldn't have made the same impact playing from the start. 

Klopp can be blamed for scaring the fans, but I reckon you've got to give him credit for calling it right overall, as they won.

Oh yeah, it turned out ok, but it was an odd team to start. I think sturridge coming on turned the game.

Just now, zahidf said:

Oh yeah, it turned out ok, but it was an odd team to start. I think sturridge coming on turned the game.

it was an odd team to start, but it was about the only option of a team to start.

There was the possibility of using a couple of different players - Moreno, & Lucas - and a different set-up at the back, but not really anything that would have looked like a stronger team on paper (tho it might have played better). 

Sturridge defo made a difference in creating space for Phil and Bobby to take advantage of - I'm not sure they'd have won if Origi had stayed on - tho the game had turned with some positional tweaks at half time as much as it changed with anything else that happened.

Not that it's possible, but it would be interesting to see how the first half would have gone with the same first half players and those tweaks, cos I'm not sure Liverpool would have been as rubbish as they were. I feel a little sorry for the two kids about that, cos they're probably getting blame that's not entirely due to them.

On the basis that Liverpool, Arsenal and Utd will only pick up an average of 2 points a game for the games that remain, that was an important win yesterday.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

it was an odd team to start, but it was about the only option of a team to start.

There was the possibility of using a couple of different players - Moreno, & Lucas - and a different set-up at the back, but not really anything that would have looked like a stronger team on paper (tho it might have played better). 

Sturridge defo made a difference in creating space for Phil and Bobby to take advantage of - I'm not sure they'd have won if Origi had stayed on - tho the game had turned with some positional tweaks at half time as much as it changed with anything else that happened.

Not that it's possible, but it would be interesting to see how the first half would have gone with the same first half players and those tweaks, cos I'm not sure Liverpool would have been as rubbish as they were. I feel a little sorry for the two kids about that, cos they're probably getting blame that's not entirely due to them.

On the basis that Liverpool, Arsenal and Utd will only pick up an average of 2 points a game for the games that remain, that was an important win yesterday.

Ah yeah, at this stage every win is important for sure.

I dont think anyone is or should blame the kids. If liverpool lost, everyone would blame jurgen for putting them in that position!

52 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Claudoo Bravo has had 7 goals conceded from 7 shots on goal. Having him replace Joe Hart seems like a very stupid choice by Pep

Joe Hart did need to be replaced tbf and Bravo looked like a decent replacement on paper as he was good at Barca. It just hasn't worked out. 

Top 6 predictions guys? I'm an Arsenal fan so might be biased but I think it will be:

Chelsea

Tottenham

Man City

Arsenal 

Liverpool

Man Utd

I reckon we'll end the season on strong form like we normally do once the title is out of reach. Liverpool are still yet to convince me fully and with Mane out I feel they'll slip out of the top 4.

31 minutes ago, CRW5252 said:

Joe Hart did need to be replaced tbf and Bravo looked like a decent replacement on paper as he was good at Barca. It just hasn't worked out. 

I think they should have stuck with Hart and let him train to play the way Pep wants. City would def have more points by now imo.

9 minutes ago, zahidf said:

I think they should have stuck with Hart and let him train to play the way Pep wants. City would def have more points by now imo.

Maybe, although I've heard Hart is playing pretty poor at Torino so not sure how much difference there would be. Willy stepped in and looked pretty solid for a while

7 hours ago, zahidf said:

It's possible they may have had more (although not enough to challenge for the League) points, however it would have just kicked the problem back another year. I don't believe any training could make a player like Hart the player Pep wants.