Football 16-17

kaosmark2

15 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

A few hours before kick off last night I tweeted this:

I know Liverpool far, far too well. I wish I had put a bet on it, actually. 

Still 3rd though. After that disaster of a January and a thin squad. Granted, you'll be 5th or 6th if City, Arsenal and Utd win the games in hand but that seems impossible for the three of them. Any time theres an advantage like that theres points dropped. Utd must have done it 5 or 6 times this season. And thats just at home. 

The league is exciting and competitive but the general standard is complete piss. Top to bottom. Any team apart from Chelsea should be happy with scraping over whatever line they've set themselves and looking to next season. 

Edited by The Nal

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

A few hours before kick off last night I tweeted this:

I know Liverpool far, far too well. I wish I had put a bet on it, actually. 

It's been the same story for years now. We raise our game and more often than not do very well against the top 6. So why does it all fall apart against anyone else? Especially the teams in the bottom half. I used to think it was mentality and they just assumed they had won before a ball had been kicked but I don't even think it's that any more. It's happened through about 2 or 3 teams of different players/managers. It's just ingrained into the club now. The fans know all too well what is going to happen which probably transfers to the players. Even the year we nearly won the league it happened (Crystanbul). Very odd.

Having said that  - I love Klopp but his decision with 25-30 minutes left to take off an attacker and replace them with a defender baffled me. It's inviting pressure. With all respect to Bournemouth - you should be going for the 3rd. We were controlling the game until that point. From then on we had hardly any attacking impetus and just sat back. It was always going to happen.

We'd already lost the league by the Palace game but cheers for the expertise.All the way from Exeter as well?

Winning the Palace game would have put a lot more pressure on City. The Chelsea game was a shocking match, the most defensive display I've seen from a team in a long, long time. But Crystal Palace was the nail in the coffin.

And I moved to Exeter 2 months ago. Assuming you're from Liverpool don't start with all this "OOT" nonsense.

8 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Winning the Palace game would have put a lot more pressure on City. The Chelsea game was a shocking match, the most defensive display I've seen from a team in a long, long time. But Crystal Palace was the nail in the coffin.

And I moved to Exeter 2 months ago. Assuming you're from Liverpool don't start with all this "OOT" nonsense.

They needed to win by what to have a chance after the Chelsea game?The league had gone that's why they conceded 3 in a futile attempt to make up the goal difference. 

So you're not a wool glory hunter? Good to hear.

4 hours ago, eastynh said:

The attackers we had to buy mate. You do not miss the opportunity to buy players like Sane and Jesus. They are the future of the club and we paid less for the pair of them than what Pogba cost. 

Agree with this 100%. Fantastic players. Very jealous of you on that front! 

Pep takes the blame for this season. He got it wrong from the off replacing Hart and he has not been quick enough to learn. This squad should be winning the league really.

Yep. 

Fair play to Chelsea though, Conte has shown himself to be a top class manager and Chelsea have been really consistent all year. They will be deserved winners of the title.

Not over yet. Last night was a big test but a few more to go. Can't imagine we'll beat Jose for third time. 0:0 i reckon which would probably put Spurs 5 behind and anything can happen, as you well know from your first title. 

Conte is great though. Love everything about his way of playing. I do worry about how he will cope when we inevitably have a poor run of form. He looked like he was about to cry after the Arsenal game at the start of the season. 

Anyway, good luck to you for the rest of the season. Hopefully we'll meet again at Wembley in a couple of months

17 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Button it Easty. The LFC fan support outside the stadium that Spring was *incredible*. What being a footie fan is all about. 

I just found it funny that LAD was criticising OOT fans while failing to see that without OOT fans Liverpool would be about as relevant as Shakespears Sister. Without their OOT fans Liverpool would not be considered a big club and would be no different than Everton.

1 minute ago, Lad said:

Nah came second.Shouting at coaches means sfa.

Better than throwing bricks at them I suppose.

2 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I just found it funny that LAD was criticising OOT fans while failing to see that without OOT fans Liverpool would be about as relevant as Shakespears Sister. Without their OOT fans Liverpool would not be considered a big club and would be no different than Everton.

Better than throwing bricks at them I suppose.

I don't know how we used to be a great team without all the LFC fambo.All those trophies without all the latch ons eh?

Do you think loads would be upset if we somehow lost all the wacky weirdos?Truth is the more latch ons we have the less we win.The money comes from tv rights more than how many strangelings follow on twitter.

11 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I knew Hulls form under Silva was good, but football weekly say it's top 4 form since he took over. You have to think he is in line for a better job whether hull stay up or not.

He hasn't lost in his last 40 home games as manager. 33 wins.

16 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

Even the year we nearly won the league it happened (Crystanbul). Very odd.

Cant believe you mentioned nearly winning the league on here.............. Inviting the Trolls around to your gaff! :blink:

And reflecting on it and thinking it was "Crystanbul" when they lost it? It was done before that game with slipgate/double decker parking............

Anyway well done on ripping open old wounds

Just surprised thus far the Nal hasnt jumped all over it it, but he is probably waiting until the end of April for the anniversary, so he can properly commemorate. ;)

55 minutes ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Just surprised thus far the Nal hasnt jumped all over it it, but he is probably waiting until the end of April for the anniversary, so he can properly commemorate. ;)

Oh was it the end of April? Yeah Ill get on it then and post something about Leagueless slipping.

23 minutes ago, ThomThomDrum said:

IMO thats a massive blow to their chances of getting top 4. They look so much more dangerous to my eye when he is playing. Top signing from Klopp this season.

Best signing of the season for me. Always thought it would be a good one though.