Recovery time

bigfurbdogg

Still tired, needing to sleep during the day. Drove down to Brum yesterday morning and had to stop for a kip at Hilton Park, got thru to 3pm today and was nodding. Some freaky dreams as well. 

I don't drink heavily these days and don't touch drugs so it's just post-festival come down. 

Oh well, 3 weeks till a week in Newquay, time to eat properly and get in the gym I think!

Edited by Flysheet

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

I'm doing ok but only because I've gone into seclusion.  Tomorrow I have to deal with actual people.  It won't be pretty.

(Oh, and did it take anyone else a wee while to remember to flush toilets after use? I'm not sure I've had that side-effect before.)

The thought of dealing with actual people is terrifying to me! All the best for tomorrow.  

Yes, I forgot to flush a few times.  Also I'm not washing my hair as much, it seems fine.

I'm doing ok, but only because I'm not back to reality until Monday and I'm drinking and smoking too much every evening.

3 hours ago, drewsstrat said:

Sleep deprived and brought home the annual GLASTO cold..   Legs not working as should , and have post Glastonbury 'should of done x y z' blues ...  Just need to relive it on the sky box now

I try not to regret stuff.  I push those 'should of done x y z" thoughts away by thinking about what I did instead that I wasn't planning to do.

Man....the dreams!!

been at work Wednesday and Thursday and have been worse than a man down, my wife has been through this routine so many times now so I have been getting let off with a lot. Off for a couple of days now and I'm determined to break the back of the post glasto Blues .

Got home Monday afternoon, shower then a Dominos, then got back on it round a mates house for the England game and crashed in at 1am..

Was a complete state Tuesday think I spent more of it asleep than awake.

was back in work Weds 8am and had a couple of comments that I looked a right state (I think now at the age of 34 I need to book the Wednesday off as well now!) 

been getting the Mandy jitters/shudders/shakes, bad dreams, bouts of depression, very sore nose from doing too much naughty stuff, really painful blister on my left heel too :( , falling asleep for mammoth naps after work, not bothered with the gym his week either.

thank god tomorrow is Friday!

quiet night in tomorrow then seeing a friend of mine on Saturday hopefully she can liven me up!

couple of quiet weekends then got 3 nights at Truck festival!! :)

I was having weird night terror type scenarios for the first couple of nights. I closed my eyes and started drifting off, then in some half-consciousness I felt like I was falling face first into a load of mud. I then jolted and woke myself up. I was drenched in sweat and thought hours must have past, but it was only around 10 minutes.

I've had this week off the drink, intending to have a couple tonight. My feet are still bruised from wellies and I'm struggling to get anywhere near the times on the rower/treadmill that I was pre-glastonbury.

I'm still knackered and not getting good sleep. I'm also annoyed that I can no longer get a range of great food on my doorstep, like last week. On the plus side, I've successfully proven that laptops can be submerged in coffee and still survive, having just sleepily knocked my cup over the desk.

THE DREAMS - never had them this bad before. I usually get the brain zaps after a sustained period of caning it but this is something else.

On the plus side, I am feeling less emotional and 'almost' back to normal physically......

Deep breath. Another 24hours.....

I am off to Boom in Portugal in August. 7 days. In the Portuguese heat. I am not actually sure how I am going to cope..... 

Im just starting to feel a bit brighter today, have to stop the inevitable "this time last week" thoughts, they are killers! 

Pink floyd on full blast doing the housework then burritos and alcohol later :) still feeling exhausted though and my big toe is still numb

1 minute ago, bigfurbdogg said:

Both big toes are still numb and i'm still having waves of depression, but am definitely improving today and feel I'm on the home straight now.

Go Bigfurbdogg!! You'll be able to watch iplayer soon :P. Glad you're feeling a bit better. Cyber hugs to work 

Just now, bigfurbdogg said:

Haha, yes, shouldnt be long now till I can crack out the iplayer! Hope you are doing good yourself, lovely.

I'm grand mate thanx. Got a bit emotional at the loveliness of everyone on here last night. I have distractions now, my niece/goddaughter needs constant fun in the pool!