Lineup 2018

2 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Either way by then none of the headliners should have any reason to be delayed (unless we are wrong about one of the headliners)

The thing is we are always wrong about at least 1 of them every year - I can't wait to see who they surprise us with!

Personally I'm hoping for a reunion/band who hasn't played a show in ages e.g. MCR, Strokes, Stone roses, rage against machine, smashing pumpkins or something of the like

10 minutes ago, Jayvk said:

Not that he was realistically much of a possibility anyway, but I'm doubting it even more now I've realised he's supposed to be releasing 'Turbo Grafx 16' this year, and whenever Kanye is working on an album he tends to go quiet for the whole year and sometimes completely isolate himself. I'd be very very surprised if he plays, taking that into consideration.

He's been working on that album a while and nobody has any idea how far along he is with it so it really could be dropped out of nowhere at any time, and definitely before Reading/Leeds leaving him room to tour/play festivals in 2018. But it is Kanye so who knows what he'll do or when he'll do it. Hoping for some of his own shows myself.

46 minutes ago, R Shah said:

The thing is we are always wrong about at least 1 of them every year - I can't wait to see who they surprise us with!

Personally I'm hoping for a reunion/band who hasn't played a show in ages e.g. MCR, Strokes, Stone roses, rage against machine, smashing pumpkins or something of the like

The Rolling Stones? They are rumoured to be doing something in the UK, heard chat on Radio X that somethings coming. Would be very out there for R+L crowd though.

if Metallica can do it then so can they id say 

1 hour ago, Rotinajer said:

The Rolling Stones? They are rumoured to be doing something in the UK, heard chat on Radio X that somethings coming. Would be very out there for R+L crowd though.

if Metallica can do it then so can they id say 

Nah no chance they'd be booked now. Don't think FR would book them over loads of others that appeal more to the target audience. Pretty sure they're a Knebworth exclusive anyway aren't they? Not sure though.

Edited by Jayvk

24 minutes ago, Jayvk said:

Nah no chance they'd be booked now. Don't think FR would book them over loads of others that appeal more to the target audience. Pretty sure they're a Knebworth exclusive anyway aren't they? Not sure though.

If any festival could get them they would. They'd sell a fucking ridiculous amount of tickets, and even though they're not perfect for the target audience, they're legendary enough that a large amount of teenagers will listen to them for sure, unlike say The Who.

The Stones will be playing either Wembley or the Olympic Stadium next year, a couple of days. Identical to how Guns n Roses did it. They were planning to this year on the no filter tour but couldn't get the dates apparently due to sporting events. That's my guess anyway, can't see them for R&L they'd cost a fortune and wouldn't meet the target audience.

1 hour ago, Aech said:

The Stones will be playing either Wembley or the Olympic Stadium next year, a couple of days. Identical to how Guns n Roses did it. They were planning to this year on the no filter tour but couldn't get the dates apparently due to sporting events. That's my guess anyway, can't see them for R&L they'd cost a fortune and wouldn't meet the target audience.

Ian brown is doing a solo album so I don't think stone roses will do owt and they pretty much said they've split up again in Glasgow 

Starting to think that maybe Courteeners will sub Foos. They could justify a weaker sub being the biggest act of the weekend so won't have to worry about shifting day tickets, and it would mean Courteeners aren't playing 3rd down or NME headline again which they've already done.

I know it's really impossible to predict as they're always pretty random, but who are likely candidates FR headliners? I've had Peace, Half Moon Run and Liam Fray in my prediction but if Courteeners play then Liam Fray obvs won't headline FR. What other names are people thinking of?

5 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I know it's really impossible to predict as they're always pretty random, but who are likely candidates FR headliners? I've had Peace, Half Moon Run and Liam Fray in my prediction but if Courteeners play then Liam Fray obvs won't headline FR. What other names are people thinking of?

I currently have Peace, Slaves and Django Django. I've also been considering Amber Run, The Cribs, Lucy Rose and Reverend & The Makers.

• Downvote 1

36 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Starting to think that maybe Courteeners will sub Foos. They could justify a weaker sub being the biggest act of the weekend so won't have to worry about shifting day tickets, and it would mean Courteeners aren't playing 3rd down or NME headline again which they've already done.

Yeah been running out of subs so reckon them or Wolf Alice could end up doing that (currently got Courteeners subbing Foos and Wolf Alice under the co-head).

Got CHVRCHES and Catfish headlining Latitude (could still sub R&L tho I guess), Twenty One Pilots still not announced for owt, Chainsmokers at V I reckon, 30STM probs won't be back again in August, dunno who else there is. Vampire Weekend probs could but I reckon more likely for 3rd down or NME headline even tho they're better than every act who could play except Kendrick.

27 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Yeah been running out of subs so reckon them or Wolf Alice could end up doing that (currently got Courteeners subbing Foos and Wolf Alice under the co-head).

Got CHVRCHES and Catfish headlining Latitude (could still sub R&L tho I guess), Twenty One Pilots still not announced for owt, Chainsmokers at V I reckon, 30STM probs won't be back again in August, dunno who else there is. Vampire Weekend probs could but I reckon more likely for 3rd down or NME headline even tho they're better than every act who could play except Kendrick.

Yeah I also have Wolf Alice under the coheads, Courteeners under Foos and currently 21P under Kendrick. I got Vampire Weekend third on the Foos day but it just feels so wrong putting them below Courteeners.

I have Stormzy locked in a sub headliner too, but i still cant see them going with the double rap (assuming it is kendrick there). Can anyone think of a suitable electronic artist to go in that slot? Martin Garrix probably aint big enough right? And I fucking hope it aint chainsmokers.

Unless Wolf Alice is stuck as a proper 3rd down and Stormzy is in that fake sub slot... Tricky...

EDIT: Skrillex is supposed to have a new album out next year right?....

Edited by Mattymooz

28 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I have Stormzy locked in a sub headliner too, but i still cant see them going with the double rap (assuming it is kendrick there). Can anyone think of a suitable electronic artist to go in that slot? Martin Garrix probably aint big enough right? And I fucking hope it aint chainsmokers.

Unless Wolf Alice is stuck as a proper 3rd down and Stormzy is in that fake sub slot... Tricky...

EDIT: Skrillex is supposed to have a new album out next year right?....

Not really in line with the acts you're suggesting but something different from a rock band would be the possibility of Chvrches

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Not really in line with the acts you're suggesting but something different from a rock band would be the possibility of Chvrches

I'm kind of agreed with dental that CHVRCHES would be much more likely to do Latitude this year (and then sub/coheadline with 1975 next year). I would love to see that run of CHRVCHES < Kendrick Lamar tho.

I think Imagine Dragons could sub Kendrick. They're considered more of a pop act than a rock band now anyway, at least by the Grammy Awards panel

edit: tho this is if they're not coheadlining with Royal Blood, which is obviously gonna happen bc they usually botch the headliner selection somewhere along the way.

Edited by dentalplan

Just now, BeddingatReading said:

I know everyone is saying Paramore/Royal Blood co-headline but Paramore co-headlined back in 2014 and have only got bigger after their new album, don’t people think FR might bring them back as outright headliners? 

They could have outright headlined back then and so could most acts who've co-headlined in the past. It'll come down to what's available imo. If Royal Blood weren't an option I'd be predicting Paramore to headline outright. They're not too big to share the slot though and are probably smaller than Royal Blood now so I'm sure they'd take the slot.

1 minute ago, BeddingatReading said:

I know everyone is saying Paramore/Royal Blood co-headline but Paramore co-headlined back in 2014 and have only got bigger after their new album, don’t people think FR might bring them back as outright headliners? 

Don't think they did.

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Oh fuck me I forgot those turds were around. Yeah I'll go with that.

Best case scenario probs.