Lineup 2018

5 minutes ago, JD27 said:

I did wonder in December whether QOTSA were lined up for the first announcement and then they pushed it back due to the incident with Josh.

The first announcement hasn't been pushed back at all, yeah it's later than it has been the last few years but they never said there would be an announcement in December. Just seems like they're changing how they announce things this year.

6 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

The first announcement hasn't been pushed back at all, yeah it's later than it has been the last few years but they never said there would be an announcement in December. Just seems like they're changing how they announce things this year.

Agreed generally, and I don't think QOTSA would have been the big first headliner anyway, given they had announced Finsbury Park not long before.

However they did say in announcing the early bird tickets that the line up would start to be announced later in the year, so I think at this stage they were still expecting the usual announcement schedule - I just think they changed it for marketing reasons rather than any specific headliner related issue.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WFD said:

Agreed generally, and I don't think QOTSA would have been the big first headliner anyway, given they had announced Finsbury Park not long before.

However they did say in announcing the early bird tickets that the line up would start to be announced later in the year, so I think at this stage they were still expecting the usual announcement schedule - I just think they changed it for marketing reasons rather than any specific headliner related issue.

I assumed the PR firm change happened after that announcement as that was straight after this years fest.

13 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Also, Sunset Sons just posted a photo of them at R&L which seems a bit weird as I dont think they have played for like 3 years? I dont even know where they'd play nowadays (maybe high FR?)

It's not weird for a band to post a picture of themselves doing stuff that bands do.

• Downvote 1

Just now, Billjames7 said:

Vaccines new single has just dropped and it’s back to their debut album sound. Have seen them live 3 times and they’re good fun with a setlist of back to back hits. Would love to see them at reading this year maybe 3rd down on main or headline NME

I've always wanted to see The Vaccines and I finally will at Community in July, great band. I currently have them headlining the NME one night. I did have them 3rd down for a while but there's not much difference between those two slots haha.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

I mean, sure if it was a vaguely recent photo, but i dont whip out pictures of me doing anything from 3 years ago... Just seemed weird to me

I would find it weirder if they found out they were playing and posted a picture of them enjoying themselves at a festival to hint that they were playing this year. :P

Edited by dentalplan

1 hour ago, Billjames7 said:

Vaccines new single has just dropped and it’s back to their debut album sound. Have seen them live 3 times and they’re good fun with a setlist of back to back hits. Would love to see them at reading this year maybe 3rd down on main or headline NME

Lovely tune that.

1 hour ago, QUASAR86 said:

Does anyone think there's a chance that Yeah Yeah Yeahs might play this year? Just thinking based on the fact they seem to be performing a lot again. Where would they fit? I think R1/NME headliners or 3rd down. 

No not really. They're doing All Points East and that's more their crowd, and I can't see All Points East and AEG/Goldenvoice festivals sharing too heavily with Live Nation/Festival Republic ones either as they seem to be at war a bit.

Something I never would want to bring up but I have been made aware on a couple of attempts to myself where this website has gone on linking to fake scams where it gives a countdown and says if you don't press a icon on screen it will give your computer a virus. 

Wondered if anything has happened to anyone and apologise this is negative but need to spread awareness. 

Don't know what or why. I know this is irrelevant but I wondered if this has occurred before,

Regards.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Something I never would want to bring up but I have been made aware on a couple of attempts to myself where this website has gone on linking to fake scams where it gives a countdown and says if you don't press a icon on screen it will give your computer a virus. 

Wondered if anything has happened to anyone and apologise this is negative but need to spread awareness. 

Don't know what or why. I know this is irrelevant but I wondered if this has occurred before,

Regards.

You can report it to the site owner on the thread (and direct any other problems with the site to that section of the forum). I'm sure he'd appreciate to know as it's obviously bad for his website. :)

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

You can report it to the site owner on the thread (and direct any other problems with the site to that section of the forum). I'm sure he'd appreciate to know as it's obviously bad for his website. :)

Thanks really didn't know what to do. Just knew not to click it though it had a template exactly the same as apples. Sad as it could affect some and as there's 185 pages one of the biggest if it brings awareness of what to do to one then it's good.

Thanks very much.

22 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Regards.

I have had this multiple times recently.

33 minutes ago, DR OK said:

Has Florence been ruled out? Think I recall Benn saying that the festival needs more female performers, could see them booking Wolf Alice, Florence and Paramore all in big slots. Throw in black honey and deal valley and the main stage starts to look more balanced. I’m probably missing some female fronted acts there too, Haim again?

Florence and Haim are probably both more likely for Latitude imo

49 minutes ago, Jack w said:

Marmozets and the regrettes will both be there I reckon

Creeper will likely play and I can see Tonight Alive cropping up again, so that’s two more bands with females front and centre (I know Hannah isn’t the front woman of Creeper but she is very prominent in live shows). 

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

if nobody gives me details, there's nothing I can do to fix something I don't know about.

I just assumed it was something that I’d picked up off a YouTube converter or something as I always have eFests open and the pop up opened a new tab so didnt realise that it could be off this site. After seeing @RarerThanDandyB‘s post I noticed that I’d had similar problems and just thought I’d point it out. Apologies.

2 hours ago, Jack w said:

I just assumed it was something that I’d picked up off a YouTube converter or something as I always have eFests open and the pop up opened a new tab so didnt realise that it could be off this site. After seeing @RarerThanDandyB‘s post I noticed that I’d had similar problems and just thought I’d point it out. Apologies.

Yeah been having that constant....all you can do is close the whole web down.

12 hours ago, DR OK said:

Has Florence been ruled out? Think I recall Benn saying that the festival needs more female performers, could see them booking Wolf Alice, Florence and Paramore all in big slots. Throw in black honey and deal valley and the main stage starts to look more balanced. I’m probably missing some female fronted acts there too, Haim again?

Deap Valley played main stage last year.  Haim wouldn't surprise me on main stage after doing the NME last year (TDCC returned after an NME headline to do main the following year), but their touring is so sporadic that it's hard to tell.

Fickle Friends are stuck on for main stage, one of those bands that are obviously being pushed up through the line ups.  The Big Moon too, they are still doing festivals next year and only played FR stage last year.

Blood Red Shoes are around again and have a long history with the festival, they'll feature somewhere.