Lineup 2018

16 minutes ago, Jayvk said:

I might be a bit off with that but I'm pretty that's what were being said. Yeah they definitely seem like the kind of Nostalgic band that happens to have new material that could headline FR. I wouldn't be surprised if atleast one of the FR Headliners are MGMT, The Cribs or Reverend & The Makers. Can't think of too many more right now lmao.

Overall, I'd say yeah probably go down better as FR headliners than wasting a high NME slot on a band past it's prime trying for a resurgence. Could have a Wombats scenario here lmao.

hahaha, quite possibly. Oracular Spectacular is such a great album. They have never got close to matching it unfortunately. 

Edited by CRW5252

18 minutes ago, Jayvk said:

I might be a bit off with that but I'm pretty that's what were being said. Yeah they definitely seem like the kind of Nostalgic band that happens to have new material that could headline FR. I wouldn't be surprised if atleast one of the FR Headliners are MGMT, The Cribs or Reverend & The Makers. Can't think of too many more right now lmao.

Overall, I'd say yeah probably go down better as FR headliners than wasting a high NME slot on a band past it's prime trying for a resurgence. Could have a Wombats scenario here lmao.

Naw man, the last show they did in the UK was headlining the John Peel at Glastonbury - they’re not in league with The Cribs or Reverend and the Makers smh.

I think MGMT have a renewed interest about them but I dunno if it counts as a resurgence because the whole thing with them was failing to deliver on potential rather than reaching a point and falling back down. Think they’d be about NME headline sized if booked but I can’t see that happening at all.

1 minute ago, CRW5252 said:

hahaha, quite possibly. Oracular Spectacular is such a great album. They have never got close to matching it unfortunately. 

Awful post. Feel shame.

9 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Why are people expecting that when Courteeners are touring and haven’t played since all the way back in 2016?

I had no idea about Courteenersa touring tbf, I haven't been predicting him solo, just seen a lot of others have. Ask them lmao.

Edited by Jayvk

28 minutes ago, Jayvk said:

I had no idea about Courteenersa touring tbf, I haven't been predicting him solo, just seen a lot of others have. Ask them lmao.

I mean touring by their standards. Some anniversary shows of their debut album, supporting Liam Gallagher at one festival and headlining alongside Noel at another. I think they'll sub R+L, sadly.

30 minutes ago, CRW5252 said:

Your loss ;)

Nah don't get me wrong I like Oracular Spectacular (although not as much as I did when it came out) but Congratulations is one of the best albums of the century.

18 minutes ago, SCG95 said:

No doubt MGMT could sub-headline the NME. Overdue in all so it seems. 

I would say it's that far overdue that it's probably a bit late when they can just book Rat Boy or The Vaccines instead at a probably cheaper price and have more of a surefire success with the R+L going clientele. They're touring Europe seven weeks before R+L anyway - more likely for Latitude or Citadel or Blue Dot I reckon.

Edited by dentalplan

9 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Nah don't get me wrong I like Oracular Spectacular (although not as much as I did when it came out) but Congratulations is one of the best albums of the century.

Wow, very high praise. I remember not liking it much at the time so I just wrote it off. I'll give it a re-listen after your comments. 

13 minutes ago, Bacuna Matata said:

And does anyone think that the Amazons could get a slot on the main stage or high on the NME???

Yeah definitely one of those.

31 minutes ago, Bacuna Matata said:

There is going to be an announcement at the start of 2018 so I guess we'll see who it is. I am praying for FF

They said ‘early 2018’, and that was probably just to get the irate Arctic Monkeys fans off their backs for the rest of the month. Don’t be fooled into thinking that means the start. :P

Just going back to Shikari retweeting the guy that said they’re nailed on for Reading, the guy’s tweet was a scenario where Shikari headlined the fest talking about all their lasers and how good the show would be. I think they probably just retweeted that as they’d also like that themselves lmao, not necessarily that it’s any more likely they’d play.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

16 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I would say it's that far overdue that it's probably a bit late when they can just book Rat Boy or The Vaccines instead at a probably cheaper price and have more of a surefire success with the R+L going clientele.

Are you saying that The Vaccines and Rat Boy could both sub or head the NME? I have Vaccines heading, fair enough, but I have Rat Boy 4th down the NME. Guessing I'm probably underestimating him here then.

19 minutes ago, Jayvk said:

Are you saying that The Vaccines and Rat Boy could both sub or head the NME? I have Vaccines heading, fair enough, but I have Rat Boy 4th down the NME. Guessing I'm probably underestimating him here then.

Yeah Rat Boy would probably be 2nd or 3rd NME nowadays. Don't think he's gonna play next year though, I think he's more likely for 2019.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

Tbh looking at the tour dates if its the 4 headliners we think I think the first announcement will be on the week beginning the 22nd of Jan.

Royal bloods tour has finished already

Kendricks tour is sold out

Foos tour is sold out

Paramore tour finishes on Saturday 20th jan.

All the headliners could be announced at once or over the whole week i dunno. Either way by then none of the headliners should have any reason to be delayed (unless we are wrong about one of the headliners)

7 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Tbh looking at the tour dates if its the 4 headliners we think I think the first announcement will be on the week beginning the 22nd of Jan.

Foos tour is sold out

All the headliners could be announced at once or over the whole week i dunno. Either way by then none of the headliners should have any reason to be delayed (unless we are wrong about one of the headliners)

Just been thinking about this and was gonna post something similar but aye I think you could be right, makes a lot of sense.

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

Foos tour is sold out

Don't really think that the tour not ending affects the announcement to be honest, and thinking about how previous years have gone I doubt every prediction will be correct, there will be one which we didn't predict or dismissed like a Green Day or AM. Who knows but its exciting and if its what we think many will be happy, if its others like Green Day or AM it still will be strong. I am just hoping they pull it out and have a lineup which is out of the waters and sells out, giving a memorable year.

2 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Foos tour is sold out

Pretty unlikely that we as a forum have guessed the headliners practically out of nothing.

3 hours ago, Jayvk said:

I have Vaccines for headline NME and Rat Boy for sub which are the slots MGMT would likely be considered for so that's why I mentioned those. Rat Boy was like 6th down Main this year a couple of weeks after his album was released so they obviously think something of him/them.

Well, in the case of Green Day it aint like they have a tour yet to sell out. AM would probably want their return to be more structured IF they do play (but imo they are so unlikely its barely worth considering). Kanye and Drake both dont have stuff going on either afaik, so pretty much everyone would be ready to go by that date.

If they dont announce it then, I think AM would be pretty likely. Agreed I doubt we have everything right, but I cant think of any other realistic possibilties that would mean that they couldnt announce on that date.

And Paramores tour very much effects when they get announced. People may not buy tickets for theur tour off the basis they could just wait and see them at R&L. Id agree if the tour was sold out, but whilst they can sell more tickets i doubt Paramore will wanna be announced

Not that he was realistically much of a possibility anyway, but I'm doubting it even more now I've realised he's supposed to be releasing 'Turbo Grafx 16' this year, and whenever Kanye is working on an album he tends to go quiet for the whole year and sometimes completely isolate himself. I'd be very very surprised if he plays, taking that into consideration.

• Like 1