I could potentially see these as the Headliners/Sub

Arctic Monkeys

Kendrick Lamar

Foo Fighters

Tenacious D

Royal Blood

Pixies

Peoples thoughts? :D

Kendrick Lamar subbing but Royal Blood headlining outright? Nah..

New Kendrick / SZA 

I reckon if Kendrick does headline and SZA does play an NME slot then it'll probably be the same day, with Kendrick coming out for Doves in the Wild or SZA coming out for this new song.

22 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

New Kendrick / SZA 

I reckon if Kendrick does headline and SZA does play an NME slot then it'll probably be the same day, with Kendrick coming out for Doves in the Wild or SZA coming out for this new song.

SZA would play somewhere like NME sub or third though right? Most of these logical guest appearances fall by the wayside anyway because a lot of artists just do the set they’re paid for and shoot off back to the airport.

3 hours ago, JT1992 said:

I could potentially see these as the Headliners/Sub

Arctic Monkeys

Kendrick Lamar

Foo Fighters

Tenacious D

Royal Blood

Pixies

Peoples thoughts? :D

This is completely unrealistic just saying don’t get ur hopes up for anything this strong...

21 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Paramore have announced their first festival date for 2018 (Boston Calling in May) so we at least know they're playing some festivals next year.

They did 2 uk tours - the second of which starts tomorrow - so I reckon if they got asked to play they'd come over to the UK in August just for reading and Leeds and whether they're in Europe in June and July is irrelevant. They love this country 

1 minute ago, R Shah said:

They did 2 uk tours - the second of which starts tomorrow - so I reckon if they got asked to play they'd come over to the UK in August just for reading and Leeds and whether they're in Europe in June and July is irrelevant. They love this country 

Huh I never said anything about them being in Europe in June and July? I'm just saying that they plan to still be playing shows into the Summer. If they decided to end their tour in April and not hit up any festivals then R&L would be less likely.

14 minutes ago, Jayvk said:

I'd say so. Would be very surprised if they didn't head NME or 3rd down main.

They've done 3rd main the last two times they've played now (last time was technically a glorified sub but still), think they'll definitely be NME headliners if they are there.

2 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Royal Blood / Jack White co-headline?

Don't know if Jack White would be right for the crowd at R&L nowadays, think he'd be a sub if anything but I don't really see it happening. Also it looks as if he may be around Europe in July, so doubt he'd stick around till end of August. He's rumoured for Mad Cool and potentially Latitude if I remember correctly.

Feel like now Paramore have announced a festival date they're getting more and more likely to coheadline with Royal Blood. Kendrick is still the best bet for the third headliner, but I still think there's an outside chance of Green Day too. I know they've not announced anything yet and people thought they would be at governors ball, but as has been mentioned it's likely one of the headliners will be a surprise that was harder to predict, and an exclusive Green Day show would fit that pretty well. I'd still bet on Royal Blood / Paramore, Foos, Kendrick though.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Fail to see how Paramore being announced for a US festival in May affects R+L. It means their tour isn't ending, sure, but why would it have been after ten months?

Yeah it just confirms they're going to be playing more dates throughout summer if there was any doubt before

3 minutes ago, C14S said:

Jack white third down/sub (idk what to call it) under a royal blood/Paramore headline or is he too big? Subbing the Foos?

He definitely won't play third down

Just now, dentalplan said:

I think he's headlining wherever he goes now. Especially if that rumour for him headlining Mad Cool alongside Arctic Monkeys is true.

Sucks because my dream lineup has him under a RB/QOTSA co-head - as unrealistic as it is lol

Just now, C14S said:

Sucks because my dream lineup has him under a RB/QOTSA co-head - as unrealistic as it is lol

Royal Blood headlining at one site over two songwriters they've basically plundered would be disgusting.

Just now, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Yeah it just confirms they're going to be playing more dates throughout summer if there was any doubt before

But there's no guarantee that they'll be playing shows three months after that (I'm sure they will be, R+L or not). So we're back where we started. :P