Lineup 2018

Just now, FloorFiller said:

The dates came up funny on my phone and I thought their past Biffy support slot at Manchester arena was a date of their own this year :( They better not break up without doing some more shows of their own although I fear that may be the case.

Still though, new fucking album! So stoked. Not been this excited about a new album in a long time.

They back tracked on breaking up didn't they? Just said that this is the only album they have left in them? I could see them continuing to tour, because that's what they've been doing since Daisy. I can't believe that was EIGHT years ago. 

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

They back tracked on breaking up didn't they? Just said that this is the only album they have left in them? I could see them continuing to tour, because that's what they've been doing since Daisy. I can't believe that was EIGHT years ago. 

Did they? I thought it was all but confirmed that they were done after last year. I still remember getting home from Leeds Festival 2009 to see that Daisy had just leaked and giving it a first listen. This new album has got almost impossible expectations to live up to. I can't wait to be utterly disappointed in it on first listen.

17 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Did they? I thought it was all but confirmed that they were done after last year. I still remember getting home from Leeds Festival 2009 to see that Daisy had just leaked and giving it a first listen. This new album has got almost impossible expectations to live up to. I can't wait to be utterly disappointed in it on first listen.

Yeah I remember reading not long after Jesse said all of that on stage saying they aren't breaking up in 2018 after all. They just love fucking with their fans in general. Surely they've got to do one of DL or R&L next summer? 

3 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Brand New have announced a new album and two (just two!) UK shows for November. One at Brixton and the other in bloody Glasgow. Might make them more likely to be doing fests next summer to promote the album. 

Gonna try to go to Brixton since it is a Saturday but haven't got the money right now so just hope I can get one later

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Still though, new fucking album! So stoked. Not been this excited about a new album in a long time.

Keeping it lowish. Mene and I Am A Nightmare were just ok but I'm still looking forward to this album

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Yeah I remember reading not long after Jesse said all of that on stage saying they aren't breaking up in 2018 after all. They just love fucking with their fans in general. Surely they've got to do one of DL or R&L next summer? 

Jesse said "not playing music for anyone except themselves anymore" so it could mean anything tbh. Could be like the way Fugazi technically still exist i.e. they're still a band and they get together and play with each other but no public shows or just that they're just gonna screw opinion about them from now on. 

15 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Gonna try to go to Brixton since it is a Saturday but haven't got the money right now so just hope I can get one later

Keeping it lowish. Mene and I Am A Nightmare were just ok but I'm still looking forward to this album

Jesse said "not playing music for anyone except themselves anymore" so it could mean anything tbh. Could be like the way Fugazi technically still exist i.e. they're still a band and they get together and play with each other but no public shows or just that they're just gonna screw opinion about them from now on. 

Brixton is the same date as Enter Shikari in Notts which I already have tickets for. Gutting. 

Interesting point about Brand New. 

In an ideal yet realistic world, what headliners would you have for next year? And what would be the worst possible?

Best: Arctic Monkeys or the Foos, The Killers, Bring Me The Horizon

Worst: Kanye West, Florence, Catfish & Twenty One Pilots (coheadliner)

1 minute ago, LRDJ said:

In an ideal yet realistic world, what headliners would you have for next year? And what would be the worst possible?

Best: Arctic Monkeys or the Foos, The Killers, Bring Me The Horizon

Worst: Kanye West, Florence, Catfish & Twenty One Pilots (coheadliner)

Best: Foos, Paramore, SOAD

Worst:Catfish, The 1975, Blink ???

tbf there aren't too many acts I passionately hate

12 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Paramore / Thirty Seconds To Mars / Wolf Alice / Don Broco

Nothing But Thieves

Royal Blood / Stormzy / Panic! at the Disco / The Kooks

Future

The Killers / Catfish and the Bottlemen / Vampire Weekend / Phoenix

Brand New

Hmm I think that entire Friday needs work. They'd be daft to entertain ever having the choice between the top two stages as Paramore vs. Nothing But Thieves and 30STM subbing doesn't help things either.

30 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Paramore / Thirty Seconds To Mars / Wolf Alice / Don Broco

Stormzy

Foo Fighters / Royal Blood / Panic! at the Disco / Nothing but Thieves 

The Kooks

The Killers / Catfish and the Bottlemen / Enter Shikari / Tyler, the creator

Brand New

changed a few