Coach atmosphere

Alvarhanso

Hi

i was just wondering what people's experience of he atmosphere on the see tickets coaches were like?

im coming from Sheffield and expect either a 7 or 9 am departure time- basically I want to know why here it's one big party coach with everyone drinking all the way?

I've only been on one Seetickets coach. As far as I'm aware, you're not allowed to drink alcohol on the coach, or even carry it with you onto the coach - I think it's only allowed in the luggage hold.

Our coach was fairly quiet last year. It is early in the morning after all! There's an air of excitement, people were friendly and that Glastonbury buzz was in the air even on the coach.

It does depend on the people on your coach with regards to atmosphere I suppose, but it will be far from a boozy, party bus!

Every time I've gone by coach, there's never a party atmosphere but it's certainly got a buzz about it.

I find lots of people have a snooze or a chat between themselves. The excitement really starts when you get that first glimpse of the festival site in the distance.

As said above, I'm pretty sure you're not allowed/suppose to drink on the bus.

Everyone sleeps on the journey back.

Wow, I must have gotten the only ever rowdy party coach! We left Newcastle at 5am, arriving at 1pm. It was a party atmosphere from the moment it pulled away! Everyone had to top up their alcohol supplies at the services. Needless to say I don't recall the walk from gate a to Webbs ash!! :huh:

We were boozing on the 6am from bham last year, other were too, there was no toilet though, so I only had the one. One of me pals wasn't so sensible! When the coach driver said it was another half hour to the services, she nearly cried. Was a good atmosphere, not rowdy though. The one home was extremely quiet apart from the drivers shit music blaring! Not cool 

What's the craic with how much baggage we can bring on the coach/put in the hold? Is there a certain amount of items? Was hoping to bring something to help me push my booze/rucksack along as I'm not the strongest person and I'm going solo from the coach so may struggle from getting off the coach to pitching up :unsure:

7 hours ago, Johnkhutch said:

What's the craic with how much baggage we can bring on the coach/put in the hold? Is there a certain amount of items? Was hoping to bring something to help me push my booze/rucksack along as I'm not the strongest person and I'm going solo from the coach so may struggle from getting off the coach to pitching up :unsure:

Interested to know this too but more in terms of booze. Obviously being on the coach hinders how much we can take but can you get away with a rucksack,tent(sleeping mat etc attached to rucksack) and then a couple of crates of beer?

whilst 3 pints of cider for a tenner sounds more than reasonable to me, I would like to take at least a little of my own!

regarding trolleys- from reading the forums these are frowned upon by coaches due to space but my mate had a small folding one that he put down the back of the inside of his rucksack last year and had no problems 

Caught the early 7am coach from Bristol a couple of times and like others found it to be a nice chatty atmosphere but no obvious boozing going on. Quite a few families on board so guess that calms it down too. Always good to sit by a first timer and tell them about delights to come. When they first see the site opening up in front of them it's a thing of beauty 

In terms of bus travel they do say to travel light so generally people just take tents, rucksacks and camping mats, so if possible pack booze in the rucksack so maybe spirits a better bet than crates of cans. Fellow coach travellers don't like being held up while a coupe of lads try to cram 48 crates of carling in an already packed bus luggage compartment.

Once on site you can get shuttle bus to Glastonbury town and stock up on beer or cider at a Morrisons in the town. Does mean a couple of hours off site but those services are much quieter, and drivers don't mind some bulky booze purchases

I remember the train always has quite a good atmosphere. Although whenever I've been on the train I've always made sure I got on last to stand near the doors (means you're first off and miss the huge shuttle bus queues!). Always had a few drinks and a good natter. However, as my coach is 5AM I think I may well catch up on sleep I'll no doubt have lost because of pre-Glasto excitement the night before :P

Whilst I'm here, if I'm leaving London at 5AM on the coach what sort of time should I expect to arrive? Are we thinking somewhen between 8-9AM? Will the queues at Gate A be particularly troubling at this point? I can't imagine too many coaches will have arrived by then?

we get the 8am coach from Lincoln last year and were told by the driver that drinking was allowed but don't be a dick about it, most people were just sipping a casual can most of the way there, no one really got proper rowdy until we got very close and someone had a glass bottle of jager that needed polishing off that got passed around

as for luggage room, the driver just left everyone to stick what they wanted in the hold apart from 2 lads that had a massive trolley that they were told they could bring if it would fit but had to wait until everyone else had their stuff in first, it didn't fit so they had to strip it down and put their crates in their laps

so to sum up it all seems to be at the drivers discretion, don't be a dick and you'll be fine

1 hour ago, Joshuwarr said:

That's nothing in my mind. I've been in some horrific queues over the years at festivals so I see anything under 2 hours as relatively quick haha

Yes compared with other festivals it's a pretty slick operation at Glastonbury. Clearly you can't get 100,000+ people on site in a few hours but in the last 5 years all the arrangements about getting people into the festival have improved no end

18 hours ago, phil the shrew said:

Once on site you can get shuttle bus to Glastonbury town and stock up on beer or cider at a Morrisons in the town. Does mean a couple of hours off site but those services are much quieter, and drivers don't mind some bulky booze purchases

I'd be interested to know more about this. Where does the shuttle bus leave the festival from and where does it drop you off? How frequent are they? Thanks :)

Stardustjunkie

Shuttle buses go from the coach park by gate A, and go to Glastonbury town, Shepton Mallet and at the weekend Wells too

They haven't announced times yet but in previous years they are hourly from the bus station and return each hour too. One to Glastonbury town stops at the town hall and from there it's a shortish walk to a Morrisons or a smaller Coop in the town. Costs about £4 per trip but check the info section on the official site for full timetables

You do have to get a pass out ticket though so don't lose your ticket once on site

Edited by phil the shrew

2 hours ago, phil the shrew said:

Stardustjunkie

Shuttle buses go from the coach park by gate A, and go to Glastonbury town, Shepton Mallet and at the weekend Wells too

They haven't announced times yet but in previous years they are hourly from the bus station and return each hour too. One to Glastonbury town stops at the town hall and from there it's a shortish walk to a Morrisons or a smaller Coop in the town. Costs about £4 per trip but check the info section on the official site for full timetables

You do have to get a pass out ticket though so don't lose your ticket once on site

Thank you - that's very helpful!

I've been to Glastonbury village so I know where the Town Hall and Coop are. Sounds like it might be an idea if we need to do it.