Latitude 2016

Amy Lawn

On 12/05/2016 at 9:17 PM, clarkete said:
1 hour ago, Dr Glasto said:

P.S. please forgive the lack of an upvote @glasto-worker I've run out for the day. What are those red things surrounding the main stage field?

@Dr Glasto - I cant clear ' the form so its not allowing me to do what I want to do '

No problem - Bleachers is not a word I have heard before in the UK but they are Stands { seating } - not sure why they are painted red - fully agree with @retromoz as the Pier is interesting - its mainly tourists who stop off on a coach for a few hours although when we were sitting on the Pier someone spotted our Crew Pass and was asking if they could buy a day ticket - as we are not connected directly with the Promoter we did not have a clue but sent them in the correct direction as after all ' if they don't ask they will never know '

Dont forget there is ' Campsite assistants ' walking about so they will point you in the right direction - we have crew access so we dont have to walk though any of the camping area but what I have seen it looked well organised.

I would also agree with @retromoz with regards ' its not as raucous as Reading.'

If I was not working I would buy a ticket for Latitude but would never buy a ticket for Reading
as the camping would drive me Nuts - I have gone though loads of times in a Security Landrover
and I am amazed that people can camp so close to each other.

Latitude reminds me of a early Glastonbury although there is a lot more to do and see at Latitude
than what it was like back in 1979 but they were very close to each other.

I know as I have worked in the main bars that the Customers are very polite { well most of them } and they don't make a song and dance over being asked for ID.

I am lucky because I can work at both Glastonbury and Latitude but if I was asked to pick - I am sure I would pick Latitude over  Glastonbury due to its smaller size.

The first few years I know that Melvin kept the ticket sales down just so it could settle in so it looked very quiet - here is a shot before they started selling more tickets - you wont see that area now looking that quiet. 

latitude-main-area.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎16‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 8:39 AM, cb4747 said:

We're probably a grizzled old bunch here who like to forego luxuries here.  However here's a blogger's review.  From what I've seen from passing by, it's absolutely spotless in there, with the tents pitched uniformly.  That might make it sterile and bland to some people, but others might like that.

19 minutes ago, tillyandthewall said:

We're probably a grizzled old bunch here who like to forego luxuries here.  However here's a blogger's review.  From what I've seen from passing by, it's absolutely spotless in there, with the tents pitched uniformly.  That might make it sterile and bland to some people, but others might like that.

That's fab thank you so much xx

21 minutes ago, tillyandthewall said:

It's the bell tents that appeal to me I can't decide whether to camp with them and try it or buy one myself and risk not being able to fit in the campsite haha

Seen Anna Meredith in Glasgow last night. She was absolutely tremendous. Apart from an ill advised cover of "The Power of Love" from Celine Dion. Well, I know SHE covered it, but f**ked if I can remember who she covered. There was a great cover of "A Little Respect" though, which they did as a fan's request as they were initially going to close with the former cover, but decided to do both since they had the time.

On ‎18‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 4:17 PM, Jacko45 said:

Last went to Latitude in 2014 as mentioned previously.

When do the gates open again on Thursday? I can't seem to remember what time it was at all.

Remember being one of the first cars in though which was nice :D

The official opening time on Thursday is 2pm but they do try to open earlier if Licensing is happy with everything.

Just noticed that the arena doesn't open until 5pm on the Thursday. Are there any food stalls/bars open outside the arena before that?

Just trying to work out if we should take our own booze for campsite drinking between gates open and the arena opening, or if there'll be somewhere to buy stuff. 

Cheers

There is a bar and some food vendors in the 'village' outside the arena. each year there is a failed attempt to try something different (ie some multi-national pays a whopping fee for the promised nirvana of a captive audience) one year it was wine, a couple of years ago Jagermiester.

We always take a few tins with us as which ever festival we've been to always like to have a tin as i put the tent up then another sat in my chair outside the tent watching everyone else.

1 minute ago, jamesrfisher said:

There is a bar and some food vendors in the 'village' outside the arena. each year there is a failed attempt to try something different (ie some multi-national pays a whopping fee for the promised nirvana of a captive audience) one year it was wine, a couple of years ago Jagermiester.

We always take a few tins with us as which ever festival we've been to always like to have a tin as i put the tent up then another sat in my chair outside the tent watching everyone else.

Brilliant, cheers. We'll be taking a few tins too, but good to know there are food/drink options :) 

2 hours ago, PDAD said:

Film and Music stage announced at 7.30am tomorrow. Last year it held a couple of gems in Alabama 3 and Horace Andy. Fingers crossed for more of the same tomorrow! 

They've had Teeth Of The Sea and Summer Camp in previous years as well. I find there's always something of interest there every year. I'm going to get my hopes up for a real pie-in-the-sky appearance of Xiu Xiu playing Twin Peaks, or 65daysofstatic. I ask for Nordic Giants every year, maybe this will be it.

18 hours ago, Dr Glasto said:

Brilliant, cheers. We'll be taking a few tins too, but good to know there are food/drink options :) 

follow https://twitter.com/LatitudeFest

as at some point they post a listing of what stores/food outlets are selling what and all the prices

Who will be the secret acts this year?

I've heard rumours of Jamie XX (and possibly the XX). Also just notices that Flo and Machine Film is being played. Could they pop along?

Both are at that Hyde Park festival so it makes sense that they would have signed UK exclusives and cannot be billed?

Just now, justtinw said:

Who will be the secret acts this year?

I've heard rumours of Jamie XX (and possibly the XX). Also just notices that Flo and Machine Film is being played. Could they pop along?

Both are at that Hyde Park festival so it makes sense that they would have signed UK exclusives and cannot be billed?

Ooooh!!  Both of these would please me immensely! (Whole XX band in particular) 

Had a look on Facebook to see when the Sunday Lunchtime act is usually announced. Obviously it was on the poster last year, but 2014 was 3rd July. Seems we'll have a while to wait, but I hope it's worth it. Most years it's usually worth it. It'd be nice to get something completely unexpected again like Atomic Bomb Band.

1 hour ago, suttttttt said:

Just a quick question for those of you that have been to Latitude for the weekend... The website says the campsite opens at 2PM on the Thursday, is this the case or is it usually open earlier?

It has been known to open before 2pm, but best to say that it usually doesn't open until 2pm.

14 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Had a look on Facebook to see when the Sunday Lunchtime act is usually announced. Obviously it was on the poster last year, but 2014 was 3rd July. Seems we'll have a while to wait, but I hope it's worth it. Most years it's usually worth it. It'd be nice to get something completely unexpected again like Atomic Bomb Band.

Most years there have been 7 acts (including the lunchtime act) on the Obelisk stage on the Sunday.  They've already announced 7 acts for the Obelisk stage for Sunday.  So you could say that it would be unexpected to get any Sunday lunchtime act now (as opposed to an act that plays at Sunday lunchtime - if that makes sense - and assuming that Sidestepper is not a Sunday lunchtime act).

9 hours ago, Born in the fifties said:

Most years there have been 7 acts (including the lunchtime act) on the Obelisk stage on the Sunday.  They've already announced 7 acts for the Obelisk stage for Sunday.  So you could say that it would be unexpected to get any Sunday lunchtime act now (as opposed to an act that plays at Sunday lunchtime - if that makes sense - and assuming that Sidestepper is not a Sunday lunchtime act).

That really is a pretty massive disappointment if they've got rid of the Sunday lunchtime slot. Poor show.