• lucyginger

• mr gumby

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Yep me and pilton digger will be

That's good, maybe see you there? Reckon I owe you a pint or two, anyway! :) 

Whats it like? Not been before, but mrs gumby is heading up to the midlands that day, so I'm hopping out along the way. I won't be able to stay for the evening, as I'll have to get a bus back, but I'll be there until around sunset. 

24 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

Evening Sawdusty. Good to hear from you. What's been happening in your world?

Was totally sugar and alcohol free since the end of September. Did 50 days and then went to a big party in Bristol on Saturday night. Made up for the 50 days of abstinence. Still feeling completely ruined.On a positive note I lost almost two stone. Result!

Had to do something as the last time I wore a wetsuit someone called Greenpeace to try and get me refloated :)

Apart from that I'm working like a b4574rd to drag us out of a financial hole. It seems to be working slowly. Literally no day off for me until Christmas day...still beats having a real job :)

o

1 hour ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Evening all...not been posting much recently.....guess it is down to my latest spell of sobriety. :)

tis good to be sober old son just not for to long ..hope you and yours are all good ...G

On 20/11/2015, 23:59:24, dizzymoo said:

There are some arseholes out there, projecting their own feelings of self-hatred onto others.  It's the people who love us whose opinions count, and like you I have wonderful friends and family who are so life-affirming now when I really need them.

A long long time ago, I can still remember.... when I was a scruffy student (rather than a scruffy old fart), I had a kidney infection for which I'd been given DF118 painkillers. I didn't realise they'd upset my stomach, and had to dash out of the tube at Oxford St to crash out on a bench, shivering and feeling like death warmed up.  A homeless guy came up to me, and saying 'here love, get yourself a cup of tea', pressed some coins into my hand.  I was overwhelmed with a mixture of amazement that someone with so little would give money to help someone else, and embarrassment that he thought I was homeless too!

There are many good people out there.

Kind people always make me feel like the world isn't such a bad place. I always feel terrible not giving homeless people money, where possible, I try and get them a cuppa and a cake - not for personal reasons. It makes me sad to think what happened to people to end up on the streets with no one to help them. 

My weekend has been a quiet one. Enjoying time with my family. Downside, with it being the coldest weekend in a long time. The central heating appears to have packed up! Stupidly cold. I don't think I have been this cold since my tight student days.

51 minutes ago, sheffieldlady said:

My weekend has been a quiet one. Enjoying time with my family. Downside, with it being the coldest weekend in a long time. The central heating appears to have packed up! Stupidly cold. I don't think I have been this cold since my tight student days.

That's shitty timing for your heating to pack up. I sometimes wonder how I survived as a student living in draughty old houses with 2 bar electric fires. One winter was so cold that several cars on our street  stayed buried under snow  for weeks.  This was Bradford, not the wilds of Scotland!

Youngest has decided against moving schools, which is actually a relief.  He's realised he'd stll feel anxious at the other school, and as they don't know him they'd be less prepared to support him.  It means I can get on with hassling our local 'services' into fulfilling their legal obligation to help him learn at home.  Also my angry email to his school got a sympathetic response asking what they can do to help, which is what I'd hoped for but not expected.  Must channel my anger a bit more..

8 hours ago, mr gumby said:

That's good, maybe see you there? Reckon I owe you a pint or two, anyway! :) 

Whats it like? Not been before, but mrs gumby is heading up to the midlands that day, so I'm hopping out along the way. I won't be able to stay for the evening, as I'll have to get a bus back, but I'll be there until around sunset. 

We usually go late afternoon and leave early evening. There are stalls all up the high street and at the bottom there is a stage with local bands playing throughout. There's a really nice atmosphere and a chance to buy a few Xmas gifts. I'm sure lots more goes on but we usually don't stay that long.

Yes a meet sounds good, I'm away abroad on business until Friday night but I'm sure you, Pilton D  and Splodge can sort something.

Morning  

Back from sunny Sri Lanka, blimey it's cold.

jet lagged well and truely kicked in, couldn't keep my eyes open past 9.30 and was wide awake at 4.20, still that's a darn good sleep

Had a lovely flight back from Dubai yesterday on a huge A380 , music channel, 5 shows about Glastonbury 2015 , that kept me occupied for 5 hours. I hadn't listened to music for 2 weeks which is unheard of and so the buzz watching and listened to glasto gave me on the plane was incredible . I may have had one two many gins / baileys / morning bloody Mary's and may have shed a tear or two watching the footage in seat 20G :-) 

Now off back to work, it's Monday , no doubt hundreds of useless emails  to trawl through , oh and it's my birthday and all I want to do is lie in and eat chocolate :-)

Have a lovely Monday one and all

FF

xx

1 hour ago, deebeedoobee said:

We usually go late afternoon and leave early evening. There are stalls all up the high street and at the bottom there is a stage with local bands playing throughout. There's a really nice atmosphere and a chance to buy a few Xmas gifts. I'm sure lots more goes on but we usually don't stay that long.

Yes a meet sounds good, I'm away abroad on business until Friday night but I'm sure you, Pilton D  and Splodge can sort something.

Have a safe journey aa

32 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Morning  

Back from sunny Sri Lanka, blimey it's cold.

jet lagged well and truely kicked in, couldn't keep my eyes open past 9.30 and was wide awake at 4.20, still that's a darn good sleep

Had a lovely flight back from Dubai yesterday on a huge A380 , music channel, 5 shows about Glastonbury 2015 , that kept me occupied for 5 hours. I hadn't listened to music for 2 weeks which is unheard of and so the buzz watching and listened to glasto gave me on the plane was incredible . I may have had one two many gins / baileys / morning bloody Mary's and may have shed a tear or two watching the footage in seat 20G :-) 

Now off back to work, it's Monday , no doubt hundreds of useless emails  to trawl through , oh and it's my birthday and all I want to do is lie in and eat chocolate :-)

Have a lovely Monday one and all

FF

xx

Welcome back, and happy birthday! :) 

Morning all, happy birthday FF, hope your day improves Th. it is bloody cold here today, back from a weekend with the girls and my liver is not very happy with me and needs a rest, I am getting too old for 3 nights out on the bounce. Although we were saying at the weekend that for some reason you can keep going for 5 nights at gf, morning cuppa fry up berroca and alker seltzer cocktail and back on the booze by 11 - marvellous! Hope you all have a good week - it is nearly December folks!! How did that happen??