The Back of Beyond

fatyeti24

anybody else spend time in here?  i did.  lots.

what a wondeful place, so much fun.  great, obscure, daft music.  friendly staff.  dancers dressed as skelletons.  cocktails.  having our faces painted halloween-style while lying in a coffin.  such a great atmosphere.

the naughty corner at it's weirdest, silliest best.  big thanks to everyone involved in it.

My favourite bar on site - great fun.  Every 15 mins or so the staff do a floor show.  Was waiting in the garden when about 20 people came flooding out of a shed that looked like it could 2 or 3 people max.

Well done and thanks to all the Copper Dollar folks - great job.

You know how you live in a shit place full of absolute morons and you go out on a Friday night hoping to have a good time but underneath it knowing that you'll end up feeling self-conscious surrounded by a bunch of soulless c*nts chugging WKD and discussing how great their gym week has been whilst they dance to the latest radio 1 bilge before piling outside for a punch-up?

Well this place is totally the opposite of that. Absolutely gloriously silly fun.

Accidentally found this last year and loved it.

Went there on Sat this year with a girl I'd met at the festival, played with one of those tennis balls with velcro mits with a couple, and met some great people in there.

Found videos on my phone of us running around everywhere in there dancing wearing a blue coat and some awful dalmatian patterned sunglasses, so apologies if anyone witnessed us.

Went again on Sunday off my nuts and got so terrified that I had to leave. Horrid.

Yeah, stumbling into Copperdollar was a definite moment. Even on the 4th day, of being there for the first time, the sheer brilliant absurdness of Glastonbury hit me all over again.

The crowd in many of these places is what strikes me the most. Walking in, looking about and realising everyone reminds me of my mates in some way. Like I could feasibly be mates with any of them. The tropical disco in the Park was another example of that.

But perhaps this is part of the crowd homogeneity that you can't really deny has some truth to it.

Edited by FieldOfAvalon

• 11 months later...

That video had me laughing. I love back of beyond. Really funny when you get up the next morning to visit the long drops and everyone is looking and smiling. It's only when you get back to the tent and look in the (plastic) mirror and see you're still painted as a zombie! 

It was great. Ended up here Sunday now for an hour or so. Did anyone else find the secret passage way that led to the garden shed?

We had about 20 people in there at one point then someone opens the door and everyone runs out screaming! Completely pointless but was hilarious at the time!!

13 minutes ago, richy24 said:

It was great. Ended up here Sunday now for an hour or so. Did anyone else find the secret passage way that led to the garden shed?

We had about 20 people in there at one point then someone opens the door and everyone runs out screaming! Completely pointless but was hilarious at the time!!

Yes this was wonderful. And we spend a good 10 minutes sticking our heads out of the little hole in the garden wall chatting with people passing by outside.