Football 2015/16

TheGayTent

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

ole Louis will show us all how to bore the other team into submission, you mean.

With a team that was 15 goals further away from Chumps footie next year than the hated.

Knew you would bite haha.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, thetime said:

Don't worry klopp, old Louis will show you how to win a final on Saturday.

All them tears for a poxy Europa final.

What a shithead

pWlihmG.gif

Klopp losing 5 finals in a row is a concern for Liverpool. No European footie also a big blow for his rebuild.

Fair play Seville! Emery a serious operator. Did a job on us. 

Sevilla have won 4 games from 31 away from home. Dismal stuff. 

Edit. Actually 5 wins from 32 now!

They're talking about Emery for the Everton gig. 

Edited by The Nal

27 minutes ago, The Nal said:

What a shithead

pWlihmG.gif

No European footie also a big blow for his rebuild.

Hardly a crime worthy of being called a shithead. He is probably drunk and thought it was going to be a great night of celebration after getting caught up in all the hype and pre match shenanigans around the city. He looks the fool but a shithead is a bit much to be fair

Im not sure the no European footie will have much of an impact. Klopp has clout regardless and the new TV money will have plenty wanting to head to the EPL regardless for their slice. Im sure he can still potentially do OK in the window.

The match last night really did sum up Liverpool's season. It highlighted Neils schizophrenia theory perfectly. Good in parts (the DS goal was sublime), but not a group of players that can be consistent and ultimately good enough in the end. The 2nd half "performance" was dismal stuff.

Sevilla did offer the perfect blueprint on how to combat a Klopp side also. Fight fire with fire and you limit their effectiveness. Liverpool's front 4 were very much absent last night. No time on the ball at all.

Edited by ThomThomDrum

1 hour ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Can had a 'mare last night. He's been great back end of this season, but the amount of misplaced passes in the 2nd half was horrendous. "one of those nights."

He's played much worse than that at points during the season. I posted at one point that he needed time out of the team because of it, it was so bad at one point. He's been much better since he's come back from his injury.

I think a little finger-pointing needs to be aimed Sturridge's way tho. Thinking back on it now, it seems like he thought he'd done his day's work after that (luvvly) goal.as he barely featured afterwards.

The better team on the night won, tho. I don't really think there can be many complaints apart from the ref's blindness. You can argue, perhaps, about the first two times the ball contacted a hand, but not that one where the guy crouched down to stop the ball with his hand. A penalty might have changed the result, but not that Seville were the better team.

15 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Fair play Seville! Emery a serious operator. Did a job on us. 

"Who's better than Liverpool? Who's bigger than Liverpool? Who can you go to? Barcelona and Real Madrid will attract anyone, I suppose… but after that, where else is there to go? I can't imagine you're going to go anywhere else in the Premier League."

:lol:

In fairness to him, hes desperately trying to get on the Liverpool = "we" train which he was kicked off after he left and banned from when he joined Utd. 

michael_owen_1485524c.jpg

Regarding takeover sounds good but Lerner did at the start, Still I doubt he's bought the club to stick around in the championship, he's said manager will be appointed in 2-3 weeks [when he's passed the fit owner test I imagine] and £40m transfer budget for next season which is pretty big for Championship. 

Lets just hope he doesn't lose interest down the way like Lerner did!

19 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Even as a Liverpool fan, I was flabbergasted with those comments. Would Neymar go to Liverpool or Man City next year (if he left Barca which he wouldn't) Errr???

"Yeah Stevie when we played in the final 15 years ago"

"I remember we played Arsenal in the cup"

"We haven't had the best season in the league"

"We have a great chance tonight if we attack"

"Klopps a great manager for us"

etc etc

Edited by The Nal

1 hour ago, luckysalt said:

Regarding takeover sounds good but Lerner did at the start, Still I doubt he's bought the club to stick around in the championship, he's said manager will be appointed in 2-3 weeks [when he's passed the fit owner test I imagine] and £40m transfer budget for next season which is pretty big for Championship. 

Lets just hope he doesn't lose interest down the way like Lerner did!

I think the Villa fans would be disappointed if he bought the club with the intention of sticking around in the Championship! As far as I was concerned Villa needed to do three things over the summer: New owner, new manager and revamp of the squad.

Rumours of Di Matteo or Pearson - either would be great I think. Until last night I forgot Di Matteo managed West Brom in the Championship, my worry was that he wouldn't know the league!

If they had kept Lerner I think Villa would have stagnated massively. If Newcastle keep Benitez and Villa appoint a decent manager you have to say they're both favourites for an immediate return. Never works that simply though...

I think Owen was talking about players leaving.

2 hours ago, The Nal said:

"Who's better than Liverpool? Who's bigger than Liverpool? Who can you go to? Barcelona and Real Madrid will attract anyone, I suppose… but after that, where else is there to go? I can't imagine you're going to go anywhere else in the Premier League."

In fairness to him, hes desperately trying to get on the Liverpool = "we" train which he was kicked off after he left and banned from when he joined Utd. 

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/217017-michael-owen-becomes-lfc-international-ambassador

We can hope. Why do you not like United anyway Neil?

2 hours ago, The Nal said:

images.jpg

5 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

What do we make of the football league's proposal to create 5 leagues of 20? 

I can see its advantages but I think it's disadvantages will ensure not enough of the clubs vote for it. 

What are the disadvantages? Lost revenue? currently 46 games going down to 38?

15 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

What do we make of the football league's proposal to create 5 leagues of 20? 

I can see its advantages but I think it's disadvantages will ensure not enough of the clubs vote for it. 

I'm all for the change, it may be the only way we will get back in the football league! Although personally I would regionalize 4 and 5.

A lot of or people upset about the play offs. The top side failing to be promoted in the top 5 leagues aren't going up.

In my view that's tough and I say that supporting a team who managed to get a huge points total a few years ago to fail in the semis. Everyone knows the rules at the start , if you want guarantee finish in the automatic.

2 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I think it would reduce costs by reducing travel and also improved attendance from more derbys. At present I fear for many lower league clubs surviving on current gates.

I'm not against it necessarily. It just amuses me we'd be going back 50 years to the days of the old division 3 north and south.