Football 2015/16

TheGayTent

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

and the club.

I'm not daft enough to think people weren't deliberately putting it out there, but as far as I'm aware it was the club who started the leaking to try and put pressure on him to sign, thinking he would sign.

The whole thing was shite, but I'm not sure much blame falls at Sterling's feet for that.

Again, who is blaming Sterling? 

The point is that players and clubs use intermediaries to get information into the public domain for their own perceived benefit...which influences transfers and potential transfers positively and negatively. 

Aguero, as far as I'm aware, had until very recently always played a straight bat with regards to future transfers and no tittle tattle has hit the media that leads to endless speculation a la Sterling. 

Aguero has always said he wants to see out his contract and then go back home to Independiente. That is why speculation of potential transfers involving him have been muted. 

2 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

Again, who is blaming Sterling?

I thought that looked like a bit of blaming.....

46 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

Should Aguero decide he wants to leave and acts in a manner like Sterling did towards the end of his time at Liverpool, Man City would suddenly decide they want to sell him. 

Do feel free to tell me again how im just too stupid for this conversation.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

I thought that looked like a bit of blaming.....

You thought wrong. 

The point isn't one of blame but an observation on the accepted way transfers are played out in the public domain these days. 

Just like tapping up is now all but accepted. 

12 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I think it is utterly fantastic

No one got hurt and they look like utter fools. What more do you want?

The opposite being a United fan. In which world do you contact a manager to say he can have the job only if the current manager leaves, but that the current manager is likely to stay? 

If the story is true of course 

edit- I've just realised you were presumably talking about Sunday? My comment was the latest in the Mourinho saga.

Edited by sdvruxk

12 minutes ago, sdvruxk said:

The opposite being a United fan. In which world do you contact a manager to say he can have the job only if the current manager leaves, but that the current manager is likely to stay? 

If the story is true of course 

edit- I've just realised you were presumably talking about Sunday? My comment was the latest in the Mourinho saga.

I am on nights again this week and just got up, so not seen anything in regards to Mourihno. 

15 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Utd fans gagging for Maureen is hilarious. He's a disease.

8 leagues in 13 seasons in 4 different countries, 2 Champions Leagues with 2 different clubs, most wins in a season, most goals in a season (121 in 38 games), most points in  a season (100) etc etc.

Loves a meltdown granted but give me him over LVG any day. Another season of bore ball. No thanks.

Get him in!

A6B8X9.gif

Edited by The Nal

4 minutes ago, The Nal said:

8 leagues in 13 seasons in 4 different countries, 2 Champions Leagues with 2 different clubs, most wins in a season, most goals in a season (121 in 38 games), most points in  a season (100) etc etc.

Loves a meltdown granted but give me him over LVG any day. Another season of bore ball. No thanks.

oh how things change. :lol:

A year or three back you were cheering that they'd shunned him, realising back then what you've forgotten now.

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

oh how things change. :lol:

A year or three back you were cheering that they'd shunned him, realising back then what you've forgotten now.

Haven't forgotten. At all. Actually wanted Klopp, Pep, Carlo etc way before him. Desperate times though!

5 minutes ago, thetime said:

Not all united fans want Jose, hope he never comes.

I'm sure nal would of took the piss out of Jose in the past for parking the bus.

No question. But he really only did it at Chelsea in his first stint or when he played Barca. And the odd "must not lose" away game here and there. When he attacked Barca he lost 5 nil!

LVG plays worse football every week.

Should've been Klopp, wanted to stay with Dortmund, then Ancelotti who has said he would've come 100% if it weren't for Real and Guardiola was already a done deal with Bayern.

Basically if Ferguson had have stayed on for another season or two we would've got Klopp or Carlo. Didn't happen so who else is there?

Edited by The Nal

3 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Haven't forgotten. At all. Actually wanted Klopp, Pep, Carlo etc way before him. Desperate times though!

lol - fairy nuff.

I'll be wetting myself if Liverpool win tonight and so have Chumps footie next year, particularly because they trounced Utd on the way.... plus of course get even further ahead of Utd on the European trophies tally. :P

Next season is already looking a bit fantastic, cos as things stand it's wider open than it's been in years. Making predictions if gonna be hard - tho I hope i do a bit better than this year, when I tipped the champions for relegation. :lol:

11 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I'll be wetting myself if Liverpool win tonight and so have Chumps footie next year, particularly because they trounced Utd on the way.... plus of course get even further ahead of Utd on the European trophies tally. :P

I always thought it was united fans obsessed with Liverpool, not the other way around.

19 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

To be fair to Liverpool, they would've beaten Utd, Dortmund and Sevilla to win it. A lot more of a difficult run in than some Champions League winners previously. 

Playing attacking football, flooding the box, taking risks, shooting, playing with pace, getting men forward.....

Very strange concepts to Utd fans at the minute. 

That said, peach of a goal last night.

19 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Next season is already looking a bit fantastic, cos as things stand it's wider open than it's been in years. Making predictions if gonna be hard - tho I hope i do a bit better than this year, when I tipped the champions for relegation. :lol:

You were hardly the only one. Most did. Guardians season predictions back in August make for a good read!

Edited by The Nal