The elusive flushing toilets

Koroviev

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Up near the farmhouse. I'm one of those people that just can't do a dump in the old style long drops, so I had been going there. However the compost toilets are excellent too, used one at the end of the festival in '13 and it was absolutely fine. 

Yeah I'm the same. I can only use them by absolute necessity, gets even worse if the festival has turned into a mud bath on top of that. Will probably be waking up at 7am or ridiculously early to queue up for the flushing toilets assuming I can find them. 

They're surprisingly easy to find (indeed they have FLUSHING TOILETS painted on the side in 5 foot tall letters).

They're located up by the farm (along from where the ATM machines are located. They've been in exactly the same spot for a decent while, before then they were just around the corner (though slightly hidden) above the slurry pit.

I can't speak of these toilets highly enough; my sweet cheeks touch generally grace else for the entire weekend. There's usually not much of a queue (when there is it's often because people aren't using all of the cubicles. They're well kept and well worth a visit so long as you're not too far away.

There's a lock-up on the left as you walk up from the Pyramid stage, which provides an opportunity to collect a roll of toilet paper.

Without going into too much detail my trip to the porcelain beauties after Blur in 2008 was one of the most satisfying movements of my life; it brought tears to my eyes...

Ive never pood at Glastonbury outside of the flushing toilets (more convenience of camping nearby than anything else). But I did have a really sad time last year after queing in the rain to use them, only to find the cubicle I entered had a leak in the roof that dripped on my head the entire time. I genuinely cried

I remember finding them in 2005 I think as we were camped up in Toms Field as were working but when I returned in 2010 they weren't there or so I thought- didn't realise until the next year that they had just moved!

I seem to remember some composting toilets to the left of the Pyramid Stage , but might be mistaken on this because I'm now thinking it was to the left of The Cider Bus. Can anybody clarify?

As to the flushing toilets, they are up there with the Piano Bar and The Rabbit Hole in that I've never visited them.