Are you fit and ready for whats to come ?

swede

Not been fit for about 15 years but I'm more than ready, went and bought more alcohol today as I drank half of my intended stash, bought a 70cl bottle of kraken at cash n carry for £17 (dunno if that's cheap) as i had read people getting excited about it, just gotta try not drink that now too, may give it to my mummy to keep away from me.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cracked a rib a few weeks ago, it's slowly getting better but still sore, Hopefully another 9 days will see me back to full fitness!

Fell down a gully after we, well I, drunk a bottle of rum in the dark. Landed in nettles and brambles, which broke my fall although it did smart. However, thinking I've done some damage to me ribs. Wouldn't be able to carry much at this rate...

Feeling pretty good.  Touch wood I reckon I'll be in good shape for the festy.

I usually do train for about 8 weeks prior to it (which some people, even my festy mates, think is ridiculous), but it really does help me to have a better festival - in fact no way would I ever be able to survive if I just treated it as a normal weekend away.

This year I accidently (as Withnail would say) started a bit early.  I just got on a bit of a health kick earlier on in the year, and decided to just carry it on through, which is great.

Incredible scenes !

Bad luck on dickhead mates encounter - I can imagine how deflating that must have been.  Enjoy some Glasto joy this year and revive your faith in people!

May 27th 2011 (2 days before my 40th birthday) I was diagnosed with testicular cancer. went away for my 40th celebrations as planned, even though my head was utterly twisted. June 2nd 2011 I went for the op that removed that horrible bastard of a disease from my body. June 16th 2011 I went for a CT scan to see if it had spread

June 22nd I headed south for what I treated as my last ever Glastonbury. I'd not had the scan results by then intentionally, I was convinced I was to be told I had months left to live. Watching U2 that year(one of my favourite childhood bands) with my two sons, brother and some very good friends, was one of the most poignant moments of my life.

Every Glastonbury from then on in is going to be a walk in the park for me.

May 27th 2011 (2 days before my 40th birthday) I was diagnosed with testicular cancer. went away for my 40th celebrations as planned, even though my head was utterly twisted. June 2nd 2011 I went for the op that removed that horrible bastard of a disease from my body. June 16th 2011 I went for a CT scan to see if it had spread

June 22nd I headed south for what I treated as my last ever Glastonbury. I'd not had the scan results by then intentionally, I was convinced I was to be told I had months left to live. Watching U2 that year(one of my favourite childhood bands) with my two sons, brother and some very good friends, was one of the most poignant moments of my life.

Every Glastonbury from then on in is going to be a walk in the park for me.

Fair play buddy, Id have been a blubbing mess for the full festival if I was in your shoes

Sprained my back last week. Doc has written me off work until Glasto and prescribed Naproxen.  I'm hoping to be recovered enough by then for it not to restrict me in any way, but I am a bit concerned that I'll be needing to sit down every 10 minutes :( 

(I'll probably be the one in the camping chair at the Wednesday afternoon meet!!)

Sprained my back last week. Doc has written me off work until Glasto and prescribed Naproxen.  I'm hoping to be recovered enough by then for it not to restrict me in any way, but I am a bit concerned that I'll be needing to sit down every 10 minutes :(

(I'll probably be the one in the camping chair at the Wednesday afternoon meet!!)

Just hammer the naproxen, its good stuff, had it after a car crash in 2012

Nope, not fit, but will now give up booze till the Wednesday arrival, and hearing some of your stories makes my life a walk in the park, no pun intended. I can't believe mates don't get on at Glastonbury, I also 2 couples arguing last year.

I split up with someone after 18 years (half my lifetime) under not exactly ideal circumstances six days before last year's fest. I still had a ball but think I might be able to cut loose a bit more with the nightlife this year if you get my drift, as I sensibly kept a lid on it last time.

Physically I go to the gym three times a week - but that's nothing new. Liver also been thoroughly trained!

Pretty much... Touch wood... I have a physically active countryside job so the festival isn't the jolt it used to be

It is much more fun the fitter you are - i have done vastly more and stayed up later and danced longer in the fit years. You recover faster, get back to normal faster evening - if it's a good excuse to get yourself doing some exercise grab it

My heart goes out to the fallen comrades - i managed two special ankle twists in the first two days one year, ruined my participation levels but still had fun. You can drink a lot more when you move less it turns out

I split up with someone after 18 years (half my lifetime) under not exactly ideal circumstances six days before last year's fest. I still had a ball but think I might be able to cut loose a bit more with the nightlife this year if you get my drift, as I sensibly kept a lid on it last time.

Physically I go to the gym three times a week - but that's nothing new. Liver also been thoroughly trained!

Homer does not make an apt avatar then :P

Id been to festivals, including glasto, with one of them before , but it had been 5 years since we'd done a festival together and boy had his demeanour changed. I had to pull him aside on the Thursday night as he was having a go at his wife for talking to strangers ! His wife wouldn't go anywhere by herself, including the toilets so my wife had to chaperone her, I def knew it was a mistake on the Saturday when he was visibly upset by people enjoying themselves at the heds party and refused to go in with us.

Just back to me and the wife this year, gonna arrange some meet ups with my brothers group and of course the Efests meet, so plenty of time with people who just get glasto, can't wait

He sounds like an absolute bell end.

Hope you make up for it this year and have a blast which I'm sure you will!

I feel in pretty good shape - have kept up my running.  It makes the miles of walking around Glasto far easier, but have to say, nothing truly prepares you for it - the drinking, crazy hours we keep, the mud, etc.  Someone needs to device a pre-festival training programme - they'd clean up!