Lineup 2016

Matt42

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

I'm not 100% sure as I don't use it but a friend of mine said that the R/L Twitter put something about him announcing something at 10 tonight 

Oh right. I've just seen it on Twitter. Wonder what it is. Probably something shit.

Good Charlotte were a lot of fun at Kentish Town tonight. Highly doubt their live shows will win anyone over who isn't already a fan, but for anyone who does like them I'm sure their R&L shows won't dissapoint: their new material was reveived well, and predictably the hits were met with a fantastic reaction by the crowd, with The Anthem, Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous and Little Things particular highlights for me.

Having seen them tonight I'm now free to see Biffy on Sunday so a win-win really!

3 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

Good Charlotte were a lot of fun at Kentish Town tonight. Highly doubt their live shows will win anyone over who isn't already a fan, but for anyone who does like them I'm sure their R&L shows won't dissapoint: their new material was reveived well, and predictably the hits were met with a fantastic reaction by the crowd, with The Anthem, Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous and Little Things particular highlights for me.

Having seen them tonight I'm now free to see Biffy on Sunday so a win-win really!

I saw them tonight as well. Thought they were excellent. Thoroughly enjoyed. The biffy clash would have been painful without another show.

Have secured a last minute ticket for this so can finally start to get psyched. Main stages are a real disapointment this year but FR and BBC Introducing have definitely delivered.

Anteros, Otherkin, Blaenavon, Beach Baby, The Hunna, White Room, Jordan Allen, Happy Accidents, Paris Youth Foundation and Eat Fast have really caught the eye. Anything else I should look out for?

8 hours ago, 19liam75 said:

anyone thought that maybe KoL may be a secret set, as they seem to be teasing a new album and possibility of headlining next year? probably a long shot but ah well...

Would love to see that! Highly unlikely though. I think they're really strong contenders to headline either Glastonbury Reading and Leeds next year though.

4 hours ago, Huckleberry Finn said:

Have secured a last minute ticket for this so can finally start to get psyched. Main stages are a real disapointment this year but FR and BBC Introducing have definitely delivered.

Anteros, Otherkin, Blaenavon, Beach Baby, The Hunna, White Room, Jordan Allen, Happy Accidents, Paris Youth Foundation and Eat Fast have really caught the eye. Anything else I should look out for?

On the FR, The Vryll Society, Ezra Furman, The Magic Gang, King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard, DMA's and Eagulls

I think the more likely ones are Bastille, Twin Atlantic or YMAS. I just think that Catfish is a little uninspiring and would've announced them as an actual considering they've already been doing the festival circuit this summer.

Royal Blood would be a massive surprise as they've literally gone silent on Social Media for months:

- Instagram 5th May (July for Ben)
- Twitter 30th June "bloody miss you lot" (with the exception of Mike occasionally pissing around replying to people)
- Facebook 11th May (petition against touts)

25 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Why not just focus on the bands playing this year, rather than bands from last year's line up playing this year in an unannounced slot?

Agreed, who even knows if there will definitely be such a lot this year? People are talking like its a certain thing, but it's not like it happens every year. The set times may give a clue but no one will know that until tomorrow!

Edited by rfc_478

47 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Why not just focus on the bands playing this year, rather than bands from last year's line up playing this year in an unannounced slot?

I've already got my plan for the ones we know are there so the only thing that'll interrupt that will be a decent act for a secret set :)

Hasn't there been an impromptu secret set each day on the BBC introducing stage the past few years generally bands from the main doing an acoustic set? If this is to happen (which it probably will) who does everyone reckon will do it? My money is on Lower Than Atlantis, possibly Courteneers and the Vaccines. 

58 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

Hasn't there been an impromptu secret set each day on the BBC introducing stage the past few years generally bands from the main doing an acoustic set? If this is to happen (which it probably will) who does everyone reckon will do it? My money is on Lower Than Atlantis, possibly Courteneers and the Vaccines. 

Last year I caught Peace and Wolf Alice, can't remember who the third was but the two I did see were great! For this year, while remaining realistic, I'd like to see (Reading):

Friday: Nothing But Thieves
Saturday: Sundara Karma / Blossoms
Sunday: The Wombats

Unrealistically:

Friday: Foals
Saturday: Two Door Cinema Club
Sunday: Biffy or 1975

I think the stage would collapse though.