Matt42

14 minutes ago, JonSnow said:

I think if I had to assign probabilities right now id go with something like
Guns n Roses 35%
Stone Roses 30%
Gorillaz 10%
Kanye 10%
Any Other 15% 

Im also slightly bemused that everyone is completely convinced by the Foals+Disclosure rumours which, as far as i'm aware, have been going on since back in August. Is there even a slim chance these two won't be the final headliners and its a classic case of if you tell a lie enough times everyone will believe its true, or is there serious weight behind this?

Foals definitely seem nailed on and one guy has said they're co-headlining with Disclosure and another said Disclosure are headlining so it seems likely. Foals are a lock in, though. 

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Marvelous_Slut said:

In his defence though... What?

Exactly.....what? Replying with you don't understand because you disagree with what someone thinks is stupid. He basically had nothing to back it up with and couldn't say, yeah you are right, Jared waves his mic around in the air for an hour and lets the crowd sing lol. So that's what!

Just now, thewayiam said:

Exactly.....what? Replying with you don't understand because you disagree with what someone thinks is stupid. He basically had nothing to back it up with and couldn't say, yeah you are right, Jared waves his mic around in the air for an hour and lets the crowd sing lol. So that's what!

Ohhh okay, cheers for clarifying.

19 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Foals definitely seem nailed on and one guy has said they're co-headlining with Disclosure and another said Disclosure are headlining so it seems likely. Foals are a lock in, though. 

Forgive me, but when we say 'one guy' and 'another', are we talking about people on the inside? I don't have a strong opinion on them headlining either way, just trying to understand if they truly are a lock in, as you and pretty much everyone is claiming.

1 minute ago, JonSnow said:

Forgive me, but when we say 'one guy' and 'another', are we talking about people on the inside? I don't have a strong opinion on them headlining either way, just trying to understand if they truly are a lock in, as you and pretty much everyone is claiming.

This forum is pretty stringent on accepting info from users on here, but one of the users has been proven right in the past (Paramore / Queens) so it's hard to ignore. Until announcement day it's of course still a rumour, but taken with all the other info (Foals interviews, Melvin's affection for the band etc) it's a pretty strong rumour.

12 minutes ago, JonSnow said:

Aye the guy who told us they're co-headlining posted the 2014 poster on here on the morning of the announcement so he seems to have some route to inside info.

On Foals, Neil and the guy I mention above have info they're headlining, they suggested in an interview that they'll be headlining fests this Summer, and Melvin has said they're a future headliner.

If it does end up being GnR being announced tomorrow with them being on some kind of exclusivity agreement  (atleast for the time being) are we expecting a massive demand for tickets leading to some kind of earlier sell out this year?

I know the demand for a 3 day fest will be very different to say a headline show at the O2 or a wembley stadium/hyde park gig (which honestly I'd see BST offering them more money for than reading), but if it's with slash and duff etc I'd expect tickets to fly out!

8 minutes ago, Jacksamthompson said:

So im guessing with RHCP being an 'older' band, surely they wouldnt book another 'older' band such as GnR because all the 16 year olds would get their knickers in a twist. unless they have four headliners and two of them co. Therefore... kanye confirmed. 

None of the headliners last year were aimed at 16 year olds. Regardless RHCP and GnR's would go down brilliantly with most younger people as well.

Edited by CRW5252

4 minutes ago, CRW5252 said:

None of the headliners last year were aimed at 16 year olds. Regardless RHCP and GnR's would go done brilliantly with most younger people as well.

Would you not say they made up for that throughout the rest of the line up with acts like; Kendrick, Rebel Sound, Deadmau etc? The NME was full of acts 16 year olds would love.

43 minutes ago, 6daviesdr said:

If it does end up being GnR being announced tomorrow with them being on some kind of exclusivity agreement  (atleast for the time being) are we expecting a massive demand for tickets leading to some kind of earlier sell out this year?

I know the demand for a 3 day fest will be very different to say a headline show at the O2 or a wembley stadium/hyde park gig (which honestly I'd see BST offering them more money for than reading), but if it's with slash and duff etc I'd expect tickets to fly out!

They won't hang around at £70 a day ticket, that's bugger all with other bands as well. I think it'd be the quickest selling out in a long time for weekend tickets too.

26 minutes ago, Jacksamthompson said:

So im guessing with RHCP being an 'older' band, surely they wouldnt book another 'older' band such as GnR because all the 16 year olds would get their knickers in a twist. unless they have four headliners and two of them co. Therefore... kanye confirmed. 

The age won't matter, it's a big deal to a lot of people younger or older for it to happen.