Zooloos taking the mickey with their prices!

porthoshsc

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really?

Shitting in the pouring rain is a liberating experience, not least because the seat has had a wash. I've never had the full thunderstorm pooping experience, sadly, although I live in hope.

I had a shit in the ones near The Other stage on the Friday of last year, it was during Haim's set, my friend is a huge fan, and there was nothing else on I wanted to see, so "I need an enormous shit, mate, sorry" was a welcome excuse to get me out of that crowd. It'd been blazing sunshine that day, and my main concern up until this point was not burning. But during my shit, the thunderstorms appeared in the distance, I could hear the claps and even see some of the flashes in the sky. The lagoon below me of poo and wee, produced by people who'd been drinking excessive amounts of cider did nothing to tarnish the experience, but I do remember wishing Haim would shut up.

Open air shitting is one of the great underrated pleasures at Glastonbury. It's smashing.

I always tell newbies, if they're worried about the smell of the toilets, to bring a tub of Vics and dab a bit under their nose before going into the turdis type ones, but generally people do that the first time and then rapidly adapt/adjust and get used to it.

Are there any other toilet and shower packages from anyone else?

These days, I tend to play open air long drops roulette myself - not usually a problem to find an ok one - but if you need a proper toilet, made of porcelain, that flushes and is clean, there are still a bank of them up fairly close to the farmhouse. They used to be next door - now they are round the back of the Nat West Cash points - quite a nice treat if you don't mind the walk up the hill. The year I found them I was so delighted, I took a picture and now it is as my signature photo on here, so cast your eyes to the left if you care to see what one looks like.

Edited by sparkythetortoise

did you know that german men sit down to piss at home on their toilets? Amazing.

Apparently the word for a man who sits down to piss is a Sitzpinkler. Used as a term of mild derision / emasculation in the past, but now becoming more socially acceptable.

On a slightly related note, thought the compost loos were pretty good last year! More compost loos for all I say, although the portaloos really aren't that bad these days either.

compost loos fine when there wasnt a massive queue for them. the provision in the campsite we were in was pitiful. and there were no urinals so men having to queue for a pee... come on!

i think they will improve this situation this year, if they don't well shame on them really.

and there were no urinals so men having to queue for a pee... come on!

i think they will improve this situation this year, if they don't well shame on them really.

They took the urinals away and replaced them with long drops where I camp. It's a stupid idea, not least for the mess a man can make on a seat. Wherever there are longdrops or whatever means of a number 2 there should also be a urinal.

compost loos fine when there wasnt a massive queue for them. the provision in the campsite we were in was pitiful. and there were no urinals so men having to queue for a pee... come on!

Hmm yes, I really feel for all those poor blokes having to QUEUE to have a wee!! Imagine having to do that!! You blokes don't know how good you've got it!!

It is an interesting issue though... I like the idea of female "urinals" for speed, but I can't get to grips with a she-wee. I would be interested to see how it would go down if the festival introduced a communal peeing area for women like the men's urinals at the back of the pyramid which was like urinals with seats on... I wouldn't mind weeing in front of fellow females if it saved queuing for 15 mins with all the poopers every time I needed to have a quick wee!!

There was an amazing photo posted on here a few years back, taken from inside a longdrop (the photographer stuck their arm down rather than climbing inside).

If I recall correctly, it took a while to figure out exactly what it was until you spotted a suspended arse.

I'm too scared to try a Google search for it.

Hmm yes, I really feel for all those poor blokes having to QUEUE to have a wee!! Imagine having to do that!! You blokes don't know how good you've got it!!

It is an interesting issue though... I like the idea of female "urinals" for speed, but I can't get to grips with a she-wee. I would be interested to see how it would go down if the festival introduced a communal peeing area for women like the men's urinals at the back of the pyramid which was like urinals with seats on... I wouldn't mind weeing in front of fellow females if it saved queuing for 15 mins with all the poopers every time I needed to have a quick wee!!

Glad you said it! I love going to gigs with a higher ratio to males in the audience as it's so nice to see them queue for a wee for once :P

I'm with you on the urinals idea. I'd happily sit and wee in front of others but I've tried and failed with a shee-wee a few times. Just can't do it! Wish I could :(

All that said I rarely have to queue THAT long at Glastonbury.

Glad you said it! I love going to gigs with a higher ratio to males in the audience as it's so nice to see them queue for a wee for once :P

I'm with you on the urinals idea. I'd happily sit and wee in front of others but I've tried and failed with a shee-wee a few times. Just can't do it! Wish I could :(

All that said I rarely have to queue THAT long at Glastonbury.

I've seen those she wees, how can you people fail to be able to use them?? Just hold them on tight and let it flow. Dont be timid with them. Pissing standing up is one of life's simple pleasures that us men take for granted. I feel sorry for your poor saps having to sit on those piss drenched seats. Buy some off the internet and practice at home ffs

I've seen those she wees, how can you people fail to be able to use them?? Just hold them on tight and let it flow. Dont be timid with them. Pissing standing up is one of life's simple pleasures that us men take for granted. I feel sorry for your poor saps having to sit on those piss drenched seats. Buy some off the internet and practice at home ffs

Practicing at home in the shower is fine, when you're naked and sober it's easy to get the thing in position! However when you're fully dressed at a festival and you've drunk a few ciders it's not quite so simple.

Also, flow control is an issue, the one and only time I used it at Glasto I was weeing faster than the shewee could cope with (again probably due to volume of cider consumed) and it overflowed. They aren't as practical as they make out!!

Surely the point of having urinals available is to make the queues shorter for the sit down loos?

I do agree that we blokes have it easy - every major sporting/music event you go to has enormous queues for the poor ladies, but removing urinals to make us queue up with you would be pissing on your own chips. :sarcastic:

Practicing at home in the shower is fine, when you're naked and sober it's easy to get the thing in position! However when you're fully dressed at a festival and you've drunk a few ciders it's not quite so simple.

Also, flow control is an issue, the one and only time I used it at Glasto I was weeing faster than the shewee could cope with (again probably due to volume of cider consumed) and it overflowed. They aren't as practical as they make out!!

oh lord, I hadnt considered the wee outstripping the carry capacity of the she wee issue, the mind boggles... Yeah ok I take it back. Thinking about how ferocious my wee is after a couple of ciders maybe those things arent such a genius idea after all!