Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

Very happy with the line up this year some amazing b2b sets (LAYO b2b BUSHWACKA!, SASHA b2b DIGWEED, PATRICK b2b RICHY, SKREAM b2b SOLARDO, SANTE b2b SIDNEY CHARLES, STEFFI b2b VIRGINIA). 

Wonder who's gonna be secret guest going b2b with SKREAM on Thursday. Also intrigued who's gonna be closing The Gas Tower Sunday morning...fingers crossed for house & techno act!  

Bit gutted that I am missing Partok this year......seen him last year closing Genosys and it was incredible highly recommended.

Took me a while but finally completed my glasto schedule for this year! Anyone looking for recommendations here is a massive list for you hehe

THURSDAY

THE GAS TOWER

SOLARDO                                          05:00 – 06:00

MONKI                                              04:00 – 05:00

THE BLUES

SETH TROXLER                                 01:30 – 03:00

LOVEBULLETS

SKREAM b2b secret guest            23:30 – 01:30

SKREAM                                            22:00 – 23:30

TONI VARGA                                    20:30 – 22:00

SANTE & SIDNEY CHARLES           19:00 – 20:30

MELE b2b ROBERT JAMES            17:30 – 19:00

PAOLO FRANCESCO                       16:00 – 17:30

LORD LEOPARD                               14:00 – 16:00

FRIDAY

GENOSYS

NORMAN NODGE                           04:30 – 06:00

SHED                                                  03:00 – 04:30

BLAWAN                                           02:00 – 03:00

BEZ’s FLYING BUS

SASHA                                               01:00 – 02:00

LOVEBULLETS

EATS EVERYTHING                         00:00 – 01:00

TONI VARGA b2b WAFF                23:00 – 00:00

ARCADIA

PATRICK TOPPING b2b

RICHY AHMED                                 22:05 – 23:00

SKREAM b2b SOLARDO                21:00 – 22:05

LOVEBULLETS

KOLSCH                                             19:30 – 21:00

MARC MAYA                                    18:00 – 19:30

DE LA SWING                                   16:00 – 18:00

WOW!

ART’S HOUSE: ARTWORK,

JACKMASTER, MIDLAND

AND PEGGY GOU                            13:00 – 16:00    

PYRAMID STAGE

HACIENDA CLASSICAL                   10:45 – 11:30

SATURDAY

GENOSYS

STEFFI & VIRGINIA                         04:30 – 06:00

THE MEAT RACK

PARANOID LONDON                      03:30 – 04:30

THE CAVE

SELECTA BROS:

A GUY CALLED GERALD & JB       02:30 – 03:30

LOVEBULLETS

JAMIE JONES                                   01:35 – 02:30

GLADE

LAYO AND BUSHWACKA!             00:35 – 01:35    

SASHA & JOHN DIGWEED             21:30 – 00:25

LOVEBULLETS

INFINITY INK (LIVE)                        20:00 – 21:30

ROUTE 94                                          18:45 – 20:00

GLADE

PARANOID LONDON                      17:45 – 18:45

FACTORY FLOOR                             16:25 – 17:25

LOVEBULLETS

PAOLO FRANCESCO                       14:00 – 15:30

SUNDAY

THE GAS TOWER

SECRET SET                                      05:00 – 06:00

GENOSYS

FELIX DICKINSON                            03:30 – 05:00

KEVIN SAUNDERSON                     02:30 – 03:30

THE TEMPLE

PATRICK TOPPING                         01:30 – 02:30

LOVEBULLETS                       

JACKMASTER b2b

JASPER JAMES                                 00:30 – 01:30

ARTWORK                                         23:15 – 00:30

WEST HOLTS STAGE

JUSTICE                                                            22:00 – 23:15

LOVEBULLETS

HEIDI                                                  21:15 – 22:00    

WEST HOLTS STAGE

MODERAT                                         20:15 – 21:15

GENOSYS

HANNAH HOLLAND &

JOSH CAFFE                                      18:00 – 19:30

STONEBRIDGE BAR

GROOVE ARMADA                         16:00 – 17:30

LOVEBULLETS

NORMSKI                                          15:00 – 16:00

DANNY EAGLE                                 14:00 – 15:00

Can anyone please recommend me some techno acts on the lineup? I'm really into the Drumcode stuff so anything along those lines would be amazing. 

Im really bad at remembering dj'a names so I don't recognise anyone really

Cheers! 

58 minutes ago, Ex_ollie said:

Can anyone please recommend me some techno acts on the lineup? I'm really into the Drumcode stuff so anything along those lines would be amazing. 

Cheers! 

Very thin in the ground this year, your best is to follow @bennyhana22 around all festival to find the Techno 

40 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

Aphex Twin and Nicolas Jaar were both pretty mind-altering yesterday 

Haven't remotely recovered from seeing Aphex Twin on Thursday. That's a completely different sphere of music from anything I've witnessed before 

Motion Bristol last night, what a party

one of those ones where you got straight into it! No awkward warm-up stages

However... sorry to say but MCDE was the worst of the night. His set just fell so flat and not as energetic as the last few times i've seen him.

Objekt, Shanti Celeste, Beautiful Swimmers and DJ Nobu absolutely smashed it though

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Motion Bristol last night, what a party

one of those ones where you got straight into it! No awkward warm-up stages

However... sorry to say but MCDE was the worst of the night. His set just fell so flat and not as energetic as the last few times i've seen him.

Objekt, Shanti Celeste, Beautiful Swimmers and DJ Nobu absolutely smashed it though

Very jealous of you seeing Objekt, Matt. 

Glad it was a good night.

George Fitzgerald only played 2 hours on Friday. But, although he is not 'exactly' my thing, man can that guy mix. Seriously brilliantly created set - you could feel where he was going with each transition/change of direction. Small crowd were hugely appreciative and it was a lot of fun.

Ben

4 hours ago, Ex_ollie said:

Cheers! 

Well, my fellow British Columbian...

As Matt says, there's not a huge amount of what would be considered 'genuine' techno at the festival this year, especially if Drumcode is your benchmark.

We've said it quite a few times, but the principle players there for proper techno are Blown, Shed, Partok. Seth Troxler is playing a few sets over the festival and is, of course, perfectly capable of putting quality techno sets together. Whether or not he will and which one(s) is anyone's guess. I'm probably going to see him a couple of times (Blues and Lovebullets). 

I'm really hoping that Paranoid rip up the Meat Rack with a crushing techno set on Saturday night - just desperately hoping I can get in there after Heidi.

I'm obviously hoping that Jon Hopkins' DJ set on Arcadia is an antidote to the Friday night hands in the air lot.

And although not her only shtick, I have high hopes that when playing on Glastonbury's one true techno stage, Steffi will give us the good shit. Child 1 saw her last night at fabric and said she was excellent and he, like his dad, is a techno monkey!

I'm more than happy to meet up at a set(s) too, if you're looking for like-minded company.

:)

Ben

Not sure if allowed on here but...Due to scoring some free festival tickets. I can no longer make this event in Motion, Bristol.

Selling 2x tickets at the price I bought them for (early bird £13.80 each). They're currently selling for £23 each.

https://m.imgur.com/f0VFcj6

These are e-tickets so i'll email them if anyones interested in them.

Cheers

@satas

Nice line-up - I like people as painfully organised as me!

Just one thing - some of your transition times are quite ambitious (and that's me saying that!). You might easily have the best part of a half-hour move from one hour long set to the next hour long set, so be prepared only to catch some of some of those. Similarly, leaving Lovebullets at 0130h on Sunday and heading for The Temple - (a) entry to the SEC might be horrendous and (b) you might not get through the Temple queues by 0230h - that will be rammo

Ben

57 minutes ago, payneruk said:

Not sure if allowed on here but...Due to scoring some free festival tickets. I can no longer make this event in Motion, Bristol.

Selling 2x tickets at the price I bought them for (early bird £13.80 each). They're currently selling for £23 each.

https://m.imgur.com/f0VFcj6

These are e-tickets so i'll email them if anyones interested in them.

Cheers

I've DMed you :)

3 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

And although not her only shtick, I have high hopes that when playing on Glastonbury's one true techno stage, Steffi will give us the good shit. Child 1 saw her last night at fabric and said she was excellent and he, like his dad, is a techno monkey!

Thanks Ben... have added to my must see's.

and, which part of B.C are you from? I'm a British ex pat. Moved to Whistler 3 years ago now! 

1 hour ago, Ex_ollie said:

Thanks Ben... have added to my must see's.

and, which part of B.C are you from? I'm a British ex pat. Moved to Whistler 3 years ago now! 

I'm a bit of a mix-up, really.

Born in Chilliwack to British parents, moved back to the UK as a baby and brought up here.

Dad has been back in Calgary for 40 years and is now a Canadian!

Have second-hand family in Vancouver from my Dad's second marriage and am a long-suffering Jays and Flames fan (plus a bit of the Leafs as I lived/worked in Toronto for a year in 2001-2002).

So I'm British (Columbian)!

:)

Ben

5 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

@satas

Nice line-up - I like people as painfully organised as me!

Just one thing - some of your transition times are quite ambitious (and that's me saying that!). You might easily have the best part of a half-hour move from one hour long set to the next hour long set, so be prepared only to catch some of some of those. Similarly, leaving Lovebullets at 0130h on Sunday and heading for The Temple - (a) entry to the SEC might be horrendous and (b) you might not get through the Temple queues by 0230h - that will be rammo

Ben

Organising artists that I want to see is my fav part of getting ready for the festival hehe. I am prepared to to leave sets early/arrive late...not too bothered if I miss someone either because I have seen pretty much every single artist on that list before anyway :) Thank god they moved lovebullets to glade tho this year will be much easier to transition between them and arcadia. Last year I never got a chance to get inside lovebullets because it was so far away and always soooo busy!

Edited by satas

Hi all, long time lurker here. Found some nice tips so thanks to everyone in advance.

im also someone who isn't great with names, so any tips based on who I like would be amazing! Fave dj ever is Erol Alkan (xoyo residency yay), and am looking forward to seeing Boys Noize, Daniel Avery and Jon Hopkins. I want to try and spend more time away from the big stages so cheers in advance for any recommendations!

55 minutes ago, dannym said:

Hi all, long time lurker here. Found some nice tips so thanks to everyone in advance.

im also someone who isn't great with names, so any tips based on who I like would be amazing! Fave dj ever is Erol Alkan (xoyo residency yay), and am looking forward to seeing Boys Noize, Daniel Avery and Jon Hopkins. I want to try and spend more time away from the big stages so cheers in advance for any recommendations!

I think you've pretty much covered any of the similar people to Alkan, I'm off to his residency night with 2 Many DJs in September, very excited for it, may hit up the Boys Noize one too. 

I will have a look at the line up again and let you know if there's anyone I think you may like that you've not listed. 

• Upvote 1