Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

3 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

If anyone is going to the opening few weeks of WHP, a short update on how much they've stamped done security wise would be appreciated, I'm guessing everything with Fabric is going to ramp it up another level 

Yeah I'd be interested to know this too.

2 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I will let you know, I have mates going tomorrow.

Cheers pal.

5 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

If anyone is going to the opening few weeks of WHP, a short update on how much they've stamped done security wise would be appreciated, I'm guessing everything with Fabric is going to ramp it up another level 

After the New Order debacle last year, I would never go again. Hope it's enjoyable though for those that attend.

59 minutes ago, jonodillieono said:

So how was security fuzz?

Sorry, it completely slipped my mind.

The text I had back from a mate on the subject...

"No dog when we got there. Took ages to get in & a lot of bouncers with torches. Nowt too bad though"

I haven't actually spoken to them other than that.

Im there in mid november for Drumcode

29 minutes ago, jonodillieono said:

Hmm strange the lack of dog, I've never been there without passing one. Sounds like business as usual though rather than heightened security 

That was my initial thought. I found it odd. I think I have been once when there wasn't a dog there. I havent been for 4 years or so though. 

Albert hall had mental checks when I saw carl cox there. 

I dont know anyone going for a few more weeks yet. In case things change.

45 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Anyone seen Nina Kraviz recently?

Have booked tix for her in Birmingham on 21 October with an 0600h finish and am bloody excited!

:)

Ben

I'm going to see her in Subclub in October also, I've seen her before but not massively recently, she plays a great catalogue of times, whilst not being the sharpest mixer in the world. Though, people I know have seen her later and say she's pretty ace nowadays. 

My only worry is its bound to attract a crowd of people who would never usually be at that kind of thing, and just know of Nina Kraviz name and imagine she's built up, which is a definite worry. Regardless I'm still looking forward to it 

Ps, hope you're well Benjamin :) 

Yeah she's definitely one of those DJs that a lot of people without too vested an interest will have heard of now - similar in that vein to Jackmaster, Ben UFO, Four Tet etc. I think. Haven't seen her before but I know a lot of people rate her very highly

7 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Next week is pivotal, I'm really really hoping to secure tickets on Thursday night, I'm going to Motor City Drum Ensemble on the Saturday night in Subclub, and my ability to get a ticket on the Sunday morning will be extremely questionable 

Dangerous living. If I get coach tickets I'll go to see Regis and Abdulla Rashim on Saturday night, but I don't think I'm brave enough to go if I have to be awake buying tickets. But maybe.

29 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I'm going to see her in Subclub in October also, I've seen her before but not massively recently, she plays a great catalogue of times, whilst not being the sharpest mixer in the world. Though, people I know have seen her later and say she's pretty ace nowadays. 

My only worry is its bound to attract a crowd of people who would never usually be at that kind of thing, and just know of Nina Kraviz name and imagine she's built up, which is a definite worry. Regardless I'm still looking forward to it 

Ps, hope you're well Benjamin :) 

Thanks, Mez, and yes, all good at Benjamin TowersTMJust taking my annual period away from my continuous daily festival obsession, to try to get a bit of balance in the force, so not posting much. Fingers crossed for T Day and then you'll be sick of me being around so much, as ever!

Glad that the thread gurus are positive about her. TBH, the Rainbow Venues have a good record of attracting genuine dance fans, rather than hipster hangers on, so I'm optimistic that it'll be a belter. Regardless, I will be in euphoric heaven!

Ben
xx

5 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Next week is pivotal, I'm really really hoping to secure tickets on Thursday night, I'm going to Motor City Drum Ensemble on the Saturday night in Subclub, and my ability to get a ticket on the Sunday morning will be extremely questionable 

I am also considering some SubClub shenanigans. We'll probably spot each other, I'll be the guy constantly checking his watch with a look of utter fear upon his face. Also considering the Art School for the Saturday, might be a calmer affair.

15 hours ago, willsnewman said:

I am also considering some SubClub shenanigans. We'll probably spot each other, I'll be the guy constantly checking his watch with a look of utter fear upon his face. Also considering the Art School for the Saturday, might be a calmer affair.

I've bought quite a lot of tickets for things lately, MCDE, Daniel Avery, Hunee, Rødhad, Nina Kraviz, Midland and DJ Deeon all lined up, can't wait 

Security isn't much stricter at all at whp. There was a dog and they were doing random checks on the way in (always me ffs), the random check was more extensive than usual. Checking socks and around the waste band of my underwear and making sure to pat down everywhere theyre allowed to. Inside it was the same as every other year.

They've reshuffled the venue a little bit adding in a 3rd stage which is empty all night but allows them to up the capacity for the entire venue what with having more space to play with. Dusky was dangerously rammed and just wasnt enjoyable due to having nowhere to move

Daniel avery was the set of the night due to it being empty in the main room for him and bangers being dished out. Jackmaster b2b joy orbison was far too rammed as well and they had the closing set

I don't think im cut out for this anymore, i was ready for bed at 4

21 minutes ago, jonodillieono said:

Security isn't much stricter at all at whp. There was a dog and they were doing random checks on the way in (always me ffs), the random check was more extensive than usual. Checking socks and around the waste band of my underwear and making sure to pat down everywhere theyre allowed to. Inside it was the same as every other year.

They've reshuffled the venue a little bit adding in a 3rd stage which is empty all night but allows them to up the capacity for the entire venue what with having more space to play with. Dusky was dangerously rammed and just wasnt enjoyable due to having nowhere to move

Daniel avery was the set of the night due to it being empty in the main room for him and bangers being dished out. Jackmaster b2b joy orbison was far too rammed as well and they had the closing set

I don't think im cut out for this anymore, i was ready for bed at 4

Start worrying when you are in a taxi home at half 1 and throwing up by 2.