AC/DC Says Lars

Justiceforcedave

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my few regrets, gig wise, is that I never saw them with Bon.

Randomly a year or three back I flipped on the TV and there was an old Rock Goes To College (remember those?) programme on, with AC/DC with Bon, from Colchester I think it was.

I'm a long way from being a big fan, even in my teenage metal days they didn't feature highly with me. But oh my gawd, that programme just blew me away.

If you can track it down, it's sooo worth watching. :)

It's also quite amusing for just how basic a band's show was back then. You don't much notice the little changes over the years as they happen, but the diffe4rences when looking back like that are striking.

Randomly a year or three back I flipped on the TV and there was an old Rock Goes To College (remember those?) programme on, with AC/DC with Bon, from Colchester I think it was.

I'm a long way from being a big fan, even in my teenage metal days they didn't feature highly with me. But oh my gawd, that programme just blew me away.

It's also quite amusing for just how basic a band's show was back then. You don't much notice the little changes over the years as they happen, but the diffe4rences when looking back like that are striking.

I've seen that, excellent show. Obviously this was a Rock Goes To College show but when you see shows from back then, it always strikes me how young the audiences were. Not that young people don't go now but it seems that everyone is young and no-one over the age of 21 bothered.

Yeah, that was probably BBC3/4 (can't remember which which) that were showing a lot of their old rock archive when they started. There's stuff on you tube. A great Steve Hillage one. Remember The Stranglers (we don't play to elitist audiences)? Pretty sure I remember a Specials one as well. And possibly a Queen. It's absolutely criminal how much musical heritage the beeb are sitting on/have destroyed.

To stay on thread, also on YouTube (I think. It was a long time ago. It may have been Mininova (RIP)) I once found some great footage of AC/DC and Rush playing the same festival.

I can but dream that that may happen again.

Yeah, that was probably BBC3/4 (can't remember which which) that were showing a lot of their old rock archive when they started. There's stuff on you tube. A great Steve Hillage one. Remember The Stranglers (we don't play to elitist audiences)? Pretty sure I remember a Specials one as well. And possibly a Queen. It's absolutely criminal how much musical heritage the beeb are sitting on/have destroyed.

I think BBC4 do a pretty reasonable job - if you also have Sky Arts then that's good too.

Though if you like early Queen, this is coming soon....:

http://www.queenonline.com/en/news-archive/press-release-live-at-the-rainbow-to-be-released-in-september/

• 2 weeks later...

Purely from a crowd pleasing perspective, I think they'd be far better received.

AC/DC have many more well known hits.

I agree, it'd much more of a singalong than Metallica. I'm not saying they'll be better but a lot more accessible to the crowd who may not be as familiar with them.

Well, it could be.

But don't they have a big habit of playing most of their current platter?

3-4 newish tunes usually. If even. Its still a setlist packed with hits.

This was pretty much the standard setlist from the last tour

1. Encore:
Edited by The Nal