Acid_Haze

Yeah, it's funny, as I'm a classic 'homework' festival goer - I do masses of band research, uncover loads of hidden must see gems, and so would want the line-up at the earliest possible opportunity.

However, I'm kind of enjoying watching the whole thing unravel at the moment as I, perhaps over-romantically, think that if it carries on like this, my first ever Glastonbury will be exclusively populated by true believers, and all the tits will have fallen by the wayside!

Ben

Or do you mean.... "belieber" I think you do sir

• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

haven't posted here much yet this year but just want to say that you guys are a bunch of complete tits and hilarious to read up on. thank you. please take some deep breaths.

i could swear that its the same people who say that the lineup doesn't really matter because the festival offers so much who are on here 24/7 shaking their little booty over who's going to be the Sunday headliner. lower your wild expectations guys and tune in again in May.

Love to you all.

I'm sure you meant someone Haha

Probably Brown album.

It is available on itunes, CD and Vinyl ;) and it's good, very much a follow up to Wonky.

I believe Paul has been announced for at least one festival so far. Glade would be great to hear some Orbital classics and the new 8:58 stuff.

Just downloaded the deluxe edition from iTunes. Gonna save for now and listen on the way to work tomorrow. Will report back!

Ben

Anyone noticed that this thread has well over 2 mln views now, where the second most viewed post only has 793.000...

What is wrong with us...?

We f'kin love Glastonbury and everything to do with it.

I get excited when I read "what the ladybird heard" to my daughter and I get to the bit where Michael Eavis turns up...... It's an obsession

Truth, there's plenty of angst regarding the final 3rd headliner, and or the rest of the lineup

A very humble guess...

Maybe the controversial Mr. West booking has put off droves of fickle ill tempered humans and the fees cannot be met as expected? As some may recall, the Jay-Z year nearly ruined the festival, financially speaking. With all due respect to the Rap/Hip-hop community, it may have ruffled more feathers than expected. If so, the huge unpaid ticket resale may be the saving grace for that potential 'big hitter'.

I could be talking out of my tallywhacker though and could just be another contractual other arrangement deal thingy.

What do I know?

Just throwing it at your faces'n'stuff.

Truth, there's plenty of angst regarding the final 3rd headliner, and or the rest of the lineup

A very humble guess...

Maybe the controversial Mr. West booking has put off droves of fickle ill tempered humans and the fees cannot be met as expected? As some may recall, the Jay-Z year nearly ruined the festival, financially speaking. With all due respect to the Rap/Hip-hop community, it may have ruffled more feathers than expected. If so, the huge unpaid ticket resale may be the saving grace for that potential 'big hitter'.

I could be talking out of my tallywhacker though and could just be another contractual other arrangement deal thingy.

What do I know?

Just throwing it at your faces'n'stuff.

how? The fees are based on the festival selling out, which it did last October and the resale will just provide tickets for all of those who lost out in October and will still want to go

Edited by Big Vern

We f'kin love Glastonbury and everything to do with it.

I get excited when I read "what the ladybird heard" to my daughter and I get to the bit where Michael Eavis turns up...... It's an obsession

We love Julia Donaldson books in our house, didn't realise there was one where ME makes an appearance. Deffo gonna look out for that one.

how? The fees are based on the festival selling out, which it did last October and the resale will just provide tickets for all of those who lost out in October and will still want to go

Really?

All those honest 50 quids raise enough to cover artist fees? I know the musicians/artists receive a fraction of what the other sponsored festivals pay but that's impressive to say the least. If so then I lay corrected.

My point was 'timing'

Some artists may desire upfront payment before putting pen to paper. Resale has yet to occur. Without substantial funds then and there...

Edited by tezshields

Michael Eavis: "If you lot can all grow beards, I'll let you headline Glasto Sunday."

0BgK6xm.jpg

"Sorry Mani, maybe next year."

The Stone Roses used to be the epitome of cool. Now they have millions but look like a bunch of middle aged, homeless ex military men who have gone mad after returning from Iraq. Thankfully Mani still has his swagger. You can tell he comes from the little village next to me.

Mentioned a number of times and unlikely.

But the only one of the even possible bands likely to get me to the Pyramid.

Almost certainly a year too early.

But...

...with the announcement seemingly being pushed back and back, it's obviously related to Radiohead's progress with the new record.

So that's all good, then.

Ben

Would that not be more applicable to the Roses mate?

err, calm down dear. I didn't say you couldn't talk about it, I just said I wish I could filter the content out. The trolls and Mancunian based band obsessives (I suspect the two are linked) are making this thread quite tiresome to read, not really adding anything constructive and obscuring some interesting and funny discussions about the headliners and line-up.

As for the phrase "Snobby judgmental people like you".... do you see what you've just done there?

I will hold my hands up, I was far too hasty to comment on all things Manchester related when I initially started posting on the forum. I made a conscious effort to tone that down as I did not want to bore people relentlessly. But there is no link on my part between my love of Mancunian music and being troll.

Also discussions about Oasis, Noel Gallagher and The Stone Roses are perfectly valid subjects when talking about Glastonbury headliners.

No, he's correct.

There are no ethical shoes out there.

None.

Not a one.

He could even wear docs. What a boob.

http://www.drmartens.com/uk/1461-3-Eye-Shoes/Dr-Martens-Vegan-1461-Shoe/p/14046601

I have long loved Morrissey, musically. I have only slightly less long thought he is a complete tit.

Ben

I love his music but have to agree 100%, he is a goon.

We love Julia Donaldson books in our house, didn't realise there was one where ME makes an appearance. Deffo gonna look out for that one.

We debated whether it was him for ages, the I read an interview with her and she said she based the farmer on the most recognised farmer in the UK, Mr Eavis naturaly, bloody good read for the saucepan lids too and live show worth a go if you get the chance