Download 2015

dentalplan

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do they still do the RIP camping & is it worth it? I don't mind a bit of noise as I usually can sleep through a lot after a few ciders.

How far is the campsite from the aren?, I heard from someone a few years ago it was a bit of a mission around the race track as far as I remember.

Edited by Couchy

Car park to the campsite trek is the worst. Especially when you're lugging all your gear with you.

That's might be what I'm thinking of. What's the arena size like, similar to Reading or further apart due to the open air second stage?

Beach Break in Wales was a good 20/25 minute walk from campsite to getting in the arena.

Download arena is way bigger than Readings dude. Id half the size of Readings and half of it again perhaps.

I've got a hotel booked for next year, but free cancellation.

Thinking of doing that though.

Done Camping at a festival every year now a least once for 10 years straight and more before the gap I had in 2003-2004.

When I did BST last year and stayed over in hotel it didn't really take away from the experience all that much.

This year at Download there just wasn't much partying going on in the campsite village IMO. It was ok, but nothing like in the past, so think I may party in town instead.

That being said had a great Thursday pub crawl this year, best since 2010.

Download arena is way bigger than Readings dude. Id half the size of Readings and half of it again perhaps.

I've got a hotel booked for next year, but free cancellation.

Thinking of doing that though.

Done Camping at a festival every year now a least once for 10 years straight and more before the gap I had in 2003-2004.

When I did BST last year and stayed over in hotel it didn't really take away from the experience all that much.

This year at Download there just wasn't much partying going on in the campsite village IMO. It was ok, but nothing like in the past, so think I may party in town instead.

That being said had a great Thursday pub crawl this year, best since 2010.

With British Summer Time it's so different from a camping festival that you can't really compare to the two in the first place though.

Seeing them in Sheffield tomorrow and you've made me more excited for it now

Also seeing them in Sheffield tomorrow!

Saw them twice earlier this year at their own gig (as well as Reading) and they were superb. So much so, we only planned to do the one, and decided the day after to travel to Manchester and bought tickets off someone on Twitter.

In case anyone is wanting day tickets, they're only on sale for a little bit. I'm sure they'll be made available again closer to the time. But if you want to be safe, get them now.

You think they'll sell out!?!?

Wasn't it you who was saying earlier this year that ticket sales weren't flagging & it was just a normal year?

My crowd are all going. Campervan for the weekend again. I think it will always be the case until Download start fucking up big style. The line up is almost irrelevant. Quite often it's the bands you don't expect to wow you that do and some that you expect to be brilliant leave you a bit flat. The whole festival experience is still top notch compared to others. The line up isn't out of this world but I know I'll enjoy most of it.

I love how the metal festival market is full of fussy fuckers who um and ah for months whilst they decide if they will reward the organisers with a day ticket or not. It makes it easy and a relaxed process getting tickets. The bad old days of stress and being online as teh tickets go on sale or missing out seem so far away now :)

Twisted Sister this year, thought it could all turn out horribly wrong and ended up being fantastic

Also seeing them in Sheffield tomorrow!

Saw them twice earlier this year at their own gig (as well as Reading) and they were superb. So much so, we only planned to do the one, and decided the day after to travel to Manchester and bought tickets off someone on Twitter.

Saw them in Manchester too, but I thought they were better at Leeds fest though (but that could have been due to the fact that I had to carry my jacket through the whole set). Prefered the supports on the winter tour though but LTA should be alright. Also seen that you're seeing Knuckle Puck which I'm a bit jealous of, would have gone to Manchester but I had no one to go with

Well I can, cus I was saying that I didn't miss the camping aspect.

You can't say you miss something that was never there:P I've gone to camping fests for the day and you can feel a difference between people there for the one day and people camping but that's not a factor at Hyde Park where it's everyone there for the day especially when it's right in the middle of London.

Edited by jump