Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

All the early-20 somethings on my Facebook have been babbling on about Pretty Little Liars so I've just started that on Netflix to see what all the fuss is about.

My 16yr old loves it. There was a big reveal in the last Ep (as she phoned to tell me) She had worked out who A was and was very pleased with herself.

I have no idea why the appeal but it is very popular, and I am an old man

My 16yr old loves it. There was a big reveal in the last Ep (as she phoned to tell me) She had worked out who A was and was very pleased with herself.

I have no idea why the appeal but it is very popular, and I am an old man

I'm six episodes in - it has a very Desperate Housewives feel about it. Quite enjoying it!

My wife asked just the other day if there was a season 2. Was fantastic TV, what a horrible world they live in a

I'm told it's being filmed this year for release next year, so a release in 2014 and 2016. It might be dubbed for the UK markets, but I'll be seeking a subbed version.

On a similar note Love/Hate is due a season out next year having skipped a season this year too.

With this years True Detective it turns out 2015 is pretty shitty for gangster TV.

Have seen the two episodes of Aquarius.

Duchovny as an ex-military hard-cop is about as likely as Jeremy Corbyn winning a UFC cagefight. Manson is more luvvy than scary-looking. But otherwise its watchable. The costume and set design is good - and it's nice to see arc lamps from the first time round (I have one and l love it).

Also caught Hand of God, the Amazon pilot starring Ron Perlman. Nutty and Jesusy, but I'd watch Perlman wiping his nose let alone playing a role. Any role. Full series later this year, I'll give it a whirl.

His wife is Dana Delany, who I know from accidentally seeing episodes of Body of Proof which I think is a series about her being the world's worst actress (her motif is the end-of-scene "I'm letting that sink in" reaction shot followed by a slightly startled cock-of-the-head afterwards. If you ever channel skip and see BOP on C5 or whatever it's worth watching just for that. You won't have to wait very long and it gets to be hilarious). In fairness she isn't doing her motif in this which kind of makes me want her to do it even more.

More importantly to the show it has Andre "Bubbles from The Wire" Royo as a jive-talking Mayor Bobo. As in the actual mayor of the city not a hip-hop name for a local dealer. I shit you not. And he is fucking hilarious. It's a shame he's a supporting character, he should be the centre of the show. Expect many future Internet memes based on him.

Edited by viberunner

Been rewatching The Sopranos,up to series 3 so far,forgot just how brilliant it was/is.

Pay day next Friday,I need something new to binge on.Tempted to get the first 5 series of Sons of Anarchy box set as not seen any of it yet.

Any suggestions? Needs to be something around 5 series long minimum and already got House,The Sopranos,Breaking Bad,The West Wing,Mad Men.

Been rewatching The Sopranos,up to series 3 so far,forgot just how brilliant it was/is.

Pay day next Friday,I need something new to binge on.Tempted to get the first 5 series of Sons of Anarchy box set as not seen any of it yet.

Any suggestions? Needs to be something around 5 series long minimum and already got House,The Sopranos,Breaking Bad,The West Wing,Mad Men.

Get Netflixs, it costs less than a boxset and is perfect for binge watching. 

Sons is a good start. I assume you have the genre classics Game of Thrones, Spartacus and Walking Dead under the belt already.

Don't look for "another Sopranos, another Breaking Bad". Given you've already watched two of the best TV shows ever made there's an elements of "it's all downhill from here".

The Shield is great and should be considered.

"Er indoors" suggests Damages, basically gangster lawyers headed by Glenn Close.

Sons is a good start. I assume you have the genre classics Game of Thrones, Spartacus and Walking Dead under the belt already.

Don't look for "another Sopranos, another Breaking Bad". Given you've already watched two of the best TV shows ever made there's an elements of "it's all downhill from here".

The Shield is great and should be considered.

"Er indoors" suggests Damages, basically gangster lawyers headed by Glenn Close.

Am down to one episode to go in SOA now - sadly away with work this week, so have to wait til the weekend for the finale.  Liked the cameo for Michael Chiklis in the penultimate episode - felt a bit like a Sutter in joke.

Not tried the Shield yet, but might give it a try before the autumn season of TV kicks off - I'd forgotten how bad summer schedules are.

The Shield was really enjoyable.

We've caught up with Masters of Sex, which seems to be intent on racing through months of storyline in a single scene change. Went back to True Detective but still not holding my attention!

I don't like watching stuff on my laptop and my normal Virgin box won't show Netflixs,need to upgrade to TiVo.

Get a Chromecast for about 20 quid ;)

And then install plex on your laptop,  with the usual sources (as getting US netflix on Chromecast is a massive faff :P)