Cyndi Lauper

Pateen

21 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Clashes permitting we'll be there, 4 or 5 top tunes and realistically I'll never get the chance to see her again

Shifts permitting I'll be the same. The really big ones are radio staples that I really like. I always try to see stuff like that, where I like a few of the songs but where I wouldn't pay to see them usually. Sheryl Crow was great the other year along the same lines. 

I see Gabrielle is TBC, and after seeing her at Kendal Calling the other year I'd recommend her for the same reasons. 

I’ve been a fan since the 80s, I missed a few albums here and there but she seems to have carried on putting out good stuff, writing musicals and whatever.

It’s going to be a greatest hits set list most likely and I’m excited to hear the classics from the first few albums.. she still sounds like her voice is good and she’s still the crazy, alternative,  LGBTQ+ supporter that she’s always been so I think she’ll go down well on the farm. 

1 minute ago, FakeEmpire said:

I've seen her before, in 2009ish, and she's just a brilliant live act. Great energy, crowd interaction and tunes. She'll smash it.

Yes I'm hoping it will be a good one.

the 2016 set on the acoustic stage was out of this world,  

Still a powerful vocal, and sings them in the original keys too! 

this is 4 years ago now, 

but still incredible - no auto tune. 

She’s the act I’m most excited about seeing, and I can’t wait to see the Albert hall setlist to see which of my favourites she’ll be playing.   Do we know what kind of time she’s likely to be on?  

28 minutes ago, Pipine said:

She’s the act I’m most excited about seeing, and I can’t wait to see the Albert hall setlist to see which of my favourites she’ll be playing.   Do we know what kind of time she’s likely to be on?  

Rumoured to be Saturday, late afternoon on the pyramid. 

Much like everyone else, she's on my list but going to be clash permitting and see what happens. I'd really like to have a sing along with her but she's not one of my 'must sees' 

Edited by Bike_Like_A_Mum

3 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Much like everyone else, she's on my list but going to be clash permitting and see what happens. I'd really like to have a sing along with her but she's not one of my 'must sees' 

A nice sunny afternoon on the pyramid field. That would suit us 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...