The Glastonbury Packing List

Crazyfool01

5 hours ago, dillonstandard said:

I’ve got a little cool bag-style lunch bag thing that was a sponsor freebie when I ran a 5k race in Vancouver about 6 years ago. It can fit six cans and an ice pack in, so every day I’ll fill it up from the main cool box that’s coming with me.

Got this in black last year - https://www.passenger-clothing.com/products/snack-pack-recycled-cooler-multi-colour?variant=42134318186691&currency=GBP&gad_source=1

Fits about 9 330ml cans in. 

Worked very well, stuffed it in bottom of my rucksack. 

Probably nothing out of the ordinary, but a few things I swear by….

foot pump shower and flannels

many hydration tabs and emergen-c

stainless steel pint cup (it just tastes so much nicer and you won’t crush it and easy to quickly chuck some water on when passing taps). 

VICKS inhaler (dual use).

Edited by PassingCloud
Stuff n that

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Is Nexium like omeprazole?

I am currently on 40mg twice a day of Omeprazole. Long story, not helped by things like Glastonbury lol

Edited by Franky

1 hour ago, PassingCloud said:

I thought it was Kahlua?

Both are coffee liqueurs, so it works with either really. Tia Maria is a bit cheaper though… plus I can buy a litre bottle of Tia on the ferry across 👌🏼

Edited by TheDayman
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

Both are coffee liqueurs, so it works with either really. Tia Maria is a bit cheaper though… plus I can buy a litre bottle of Tia on the ferry across 👌🏼

I see. Shows my lack of knowledge in this area! However, it’s a fine choice of drink. 
let me recommend the Kraken Roast Coffee for a morning tipple. 
have tried that with milk too, and it works. 

Edited by PassingCloud

A titanium 'spork'

currently just under a fiver

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006728780946.html

image.png.9f45807c21ee370c0aba44f257a95d1e.png

barely weighs anything and it's a billion times better than the flimsy bamboo utensil that the food stalls give out, plus its the ultimate re-usable, I've had mine years.

Last year I was at the Poutine stall, and got this out my bag and the guy next to me was "maaaan, wish I'd thought of that"

• Upvote 1

Nexium is a brand of PPI (proton pump inhibitor) of which there are 2 - omeprazole and lansoprazole.  The supermarket own brand ones contain the same ingredient and are much cheaper.  It's preventative in that it stops your stomach overproducing acid.  20mg a day when on a bender like Glasto works wonders and should prevent all heartburn/trapped wind issues.

I usually take a collapsible bucket, sponge and travel shower gel for strip washes in camp and to soak my feet.  But at Holt Farm this year so might not bother.

27 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Nexium is a brand of PPI (proton pump inhibitor) of which there are 2 - omeprazole and lansoprazole.  The supermarket own brand ones contain the same ingredient and are much cheaper.  It's preventative in that it stops your stomach overproducing acid.  20mg a day when on a bender like Glasto works wonders and should prevent all heartburn/trapped wind issues.

Just to be pedantic, Nexium is actually esomeprazole! (Losec, the original brand of omeprazole is a racemic mixture of S- and R- enantiomers of omeprazole...Nexium, is just the S-enantiomers). There's feck all difference between them and AZ managing to get a whole new patent by suggesting that the pure s-enantiomer preparation was better is something I used to teach in my Pharmacology classes! Anyway, they all work great for preventing heartburn! 

• Thanks 1

Hydration tablets are a must and I think were the only thing to save me during the heat of last year! Also I absolutely can't be without a face mask and some gel under eye pads at a festival to perk me up a bit when feeling/(looking) absolutely rough as so they'll be getting packed.

1 hour ago, paulshane said:

A titanium 'spork'

barely weighs anything and it's a billion times better than the flimsy bamboo utensil that the food stalls give out, plus its the ultimate re-usable, I've had mine years.

I've got this. It's an easy win. The only minor thing is that it can sometimes be mildly awkward to hold, and so I'm considering getting a separate spoon & fork this year that are closer to traditional shapes. Would definitely still go with titanium* though due to how lightweight it is while feeling as strong as "normal" cutlery.

*technically an alloy that includes titanium, before someone gets pedantic about it.

I'll add this to the conversation - the best torch I've ever owned.

https://flashlight.nitecore.com/product/tini2

Weighs hardly anything, barely noticeable in your pocket, and adjustable brightness that goes all the way up to far too bright. USB-C rechargeable as well. When I contrast it to the old maglites that used to be considered the flashlight of choice, the difference is crazy.

Only catch is it's more expensive than most would look to pay for a torch - 30+ quid on a china import, or 40+ quid domestically. Worth it though, especially if you can find a discount (which is often possible).

1 hour ago, Toilet Duck said:

Just to be pedantic, Nexium is actually esomeprazole! (Losec, the original brand of omeprazole is a racemic mixture of S- and R- enantiomers of omeprazole...Nexium, is just the S-enantiomers). There's feck all difference between them and AZ managing to get a whole new patent by suggesting that the pure s-enantiomer preparation was better is something I used to teach in my Pharmacology classes! Anyway, they all work great for preventing heartburn! 

I stand corrected!  My GP was clearly dumbing down so I'd understand! 😉 

4 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

I stand corrected!  My GP was clearly dumbing down so I'd understand! 😉 

To be honest, they all work in more or less the same way and are just as effective. Buy whichever one is cheapest! I get a stack in Walmart when I'm in the US or over in Spain, where you can get 54 for about 3 quid!

2 hours ago, paulshane said:

A titanium 'spork'

Last year I was at the Poutine stall, and got this out my bag and the guy next to me was "maaaan, wish I'd thought of that"

Looks like a game changer but... I can't see myself buying something from someone who eats spoonfuls of coffee beans!