Shania!

CaledonianGonzo

2 hours ago, stuie said:

She's no Kylie and DiRo. 

90% of the Glasto crowd will be there for the same 2 songs that you know. 

Still, it's better than last years bollocks!

please say you dont mean cat stevens!! 😯

26 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Self confirmed for Sunday

Best guess from process of deduction at this point is Other Stage around Sunday teatime.

We’ll be there for Shania.

As others have mentioned it ain’t a grand slam booking, but my two bucket list options for the slot were Diana and Kylie so I have been spoilt in previous years. 

4 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

I can't see myself going. Will watch a couple if passing is the most I can muster. Compared to someone like Stevie Nicks that would have been perfect. 

I feel that the legend slot is only worth it if you genuinely like the artist, it can be very hit or miss. As there's so much hype for the slot it draws a big crowd, I like to use it as an opportunity to be at another stage with a much smaller crowd.

• Upvote 1

I'll be elsewhere. I don't like either of her two big hits and don't know anything else she's done, so she was never going to be for me. Sunday afternoon is currently looking pretty light, but I expect it'll fill up and failing that I'll be having a wander somewhere. I'm sure she'll put on a good show, but I think any way you shake it she's the least legendary of all Glastonbury legends.

2 minutes ago, Long Drop said:

I feel that the legend slot is only worth it if you genuinely like the artist, it can be very hit or miss. As there's so much hype for the slot it draws a big crowd, I like to use it as an opportunity to be at another stage with a much smaller crowd.

indeed it can gobble up 2 hours of your last day. getting a good spot, waiting to start etc. I'm looking forward to being elsewhere for a change.

On 5/8/2024 at 3:59 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

True.  Got to make the best of it generally this year.

When to are we getting Grace Jones? Now there’s a legend, not some hack playing a ‘greatest hits’ set

On 5/8/2024 at 2:41 PM, Chip Batch said:

The two I know actually actively annoy me so I'll be nowhere near this anyway 😄

Though from the Clashfinder Sunday looks like my quieter day. Friday and Saturday looks like clashes most of the day.

This 100%.
It’s a rare thing that a song winds me up but a couple of hers do. I won’t be anywhere near as I haven’t got a ticket. I will make a point of getting hammered on the Sunday afternoon and stand outside while she’s on the telly.

Yes, I am that petty.

Peace and love.

1 hour ago, the beadle said:

When to are we getting Grace Jones? Now there’s a legend, not some hack playing a ‘greatest hits’ set

Unless she has a big change of heart, then never. 

Having done 'Man! I Feel Like A Woman' in panto a couple of times over the years, I'll be there for that just for shits and giggles! 😄 Likewise for Cyndi Lauper and 'Girls Just Wanna Have Fun'!  🤣🤣

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pear_Cider said:

Having done 'Man! I Feel Like A Woman' in panto a couple of times over the years, I'll be there for that just for shits and giggles! 😄 Likewise for Cyndi Lauper and 'Girls Just Wanna Have Fun'!  🤣🤣

Theres always the acoustic open mic for you at the croissant neuf bandstand! Just post on here when you’re performing, we’ll all come along😊😉

For those interested - she's started her Vegas residency and this is the setlist from the 1st show. 

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/shania-twain/2024/bakkt-theater-las-vegas-nv-23a9d867.html

I expect she'll do a slimmed down version of this sort of set. I imagine most people will only know about 3 of the songs! You know the ones.