Woodsies lineup 2024

Crazyfool01

1 hour ago, FloopFiller said:

Kneecap - Mannequin Pussy - Soccer Mommy potentially looking like a great way to kick off my Saturday if it works out that way. Doubt I’ll be heading over there for anything else over the weekend though. 

Always found the Woodsies are cracking stage to start off your day. Never been there past 6pm though.

I was hoping the Tree Stage might be a refuge for the type of bands that used to frequent William's Green, but it looks like more dance music 🫤 I've got nothing against the genre, but aren't there enough places for that already?

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Monty Pythagoras said:

Not to be old man shouts at cloud but its a bit rubbish when real artists get opportunities like this taken away from them. Start of a slippery slope imo

Must be really difficult for one of the biggest art festivals in the world to find a human artist to make a poster for them. Best let a robot do it.

12 minutes ago, Monty Pythagoras said:

Not to be old man shouts at cloud but its a bit rubbish when real artists get opportunities like this taken away from them. Start of a slippery slope imo

Yeah some artist could have got a free ticket out of that. 

1 hour ago, foolee said:

Is the Park - Woodsies - Park or Woodsies - Park - Woodsies actually doable? Just thinking I may have to do it once or at least one way for an act. From what I can see online I can see you can do it in 25 minutes, is this accurate? 

Me & Mrs 4AM went from Rina Sawayama at Woodsies to the Park for Fatboy last year on Saturday night.  At her walking pace and including a piss stop, took us just over 35 minutes.  With no stop and with an absolute stomp on I still think you're nearer 30 than 25.  If it's muddy, nearer 45.

4 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

Yeah, personally I find it difficult to easily find after-headliner stuff that isn't electronic, dance type stuff.  Would have liked the Tree to be more indie personally. Will probably end up at Rimski's yard or the circus!

A lot on the line-up is electronic, but not dance. More ambient-leaning. 

KMRU is the current wunderkind of ambient drone. And he's bloody incredible. 

Ben

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jay Pee said:

Not as strong as previous years for me. A bit disappointed but over it already and thinking of that happy place when you are not trying to do Park - Woodsies - Park for consecutive acts.

Its endurance training that one.

May dip my toe if in the area and hear something interesting in the air..

Done that run quite a few times. In the dry (which it undoubtedly will be...) Woodsies-Park-Woodsies isn't too bad! Just bomb down through SH, back of Other field and straight up through Pennards. It's fine

Ben

1 hour ago, Johnnyseven said:

They've missed a trick here should have the ambient stuff on during the day for people to chill out in the shade and a pumping trance rave up in the woods at night.

I recon it's a sound levels thing. It's on the edge of the property right? 

Currently for me on the long list in the Woodsies area:

Kim Gordon

Yard Act 
Alvvays* (absolute must-see)

Soccer Mommy

Mannequin Pussy

The Orb

KMRU

Rrose

Ana Roxanne

And maybe Max Cooper and Plaid for ambient DJ sets, though if they're after midnight I'll be elsewhere dancing. 

Ben

Solid lineup though was hoping for a couple of surprise additions for my must-see list. Will definitely be at Alvvays and Soccer Mommy, and there’s quite a few other acts I’ll likely be there for.  Would be nice to finally tick off Arlo. 

1 hour ago, danbailey80 said:

Bit of a shame that some great 'Glade' type acts have been lumped on a small stage and having to play dull ambient stuff.

That Ambient stage has some acts that would usually be playing some decent deep house/ prog/ techno. 

I like that they are given licence to spread their musical wings and delve into their Ambient leanings. Looking forward to alot of it. Some great visuals and could be special. 

17 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Is that right? Surely they're not going to fit all of that line-up into 9 hours? Is it not 12pm-3am??

Ben

Says something on the G website about it also having a full programme through the day on Weds/Thurs, so maybe a lot of presentations and talks are on then.

Voice of Baceprot sound ace.  Might have to open with them on the Friday.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Is that right? Surely they're not going to fit all of that line-up into 9 hours? Is it not 12pm-3am??

Ben

Open all day Wed and Thursday apparently

The Tree Stage main performances will take place in darkness after the Main Stage headliners finish running til 3 am on Friday and Saturday and 2:30 am on Sunday. A full program will run on Wednesday and Thursday of the Festival from midday till late.

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/areas/woodsies/

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lushroom said:

Must be really difficult for one of the biggest art festivals in the world to find a human artist to make a poster for them. Best let a robot do it.

Never mind the art, just wait till the acts are replaced by robots. Coming your was soon…