Woodsies lineup 2024

Crazyfool01

2 hours ago, Acid_Haze said:

You reckon the placements will be like this?

Friday:

Jamie XX

Sampha

Kim Gordon

Arlo Parks

The Vaccines

Kenya Grace

Remi Wolf

Lambrini Girls

Voice of Baceprot

Saturday:

Gossip

Sleaford Mods

Yard Act

TBA

Fat White Family

Soccer Mommy

Mannequin Pussy

Kneecap

Jayahadadream

Sunday:

James Blake

Romy

Declan McKenna

Alvvays

Blondshell

NewDad

The K's

High Vis

Kim Gordon will be Sunday, she's in Austria on Friday and Luxembourg Saturday. 

1 hour ago, Jay Pee said:

Not as strong as previous years for me. A bit disappointed but over it already and thinking of that happy place when you are not trying to do Park - Woodsies - Park for consecutive acts.

Its endurance training that one.

May dip my toe if in the area and hear something interesting in the air..

Is the Park - Woodsies - Park or Woodsies - Park - Woodsies actually doable? Just thinking I may have to do it once or at least one way for an act. From what I can see online I can see you can do it in 25 minutes, is this accurate? 

Bit of a shame that some great 'Glade' type acts have been lumped on a small stage and having to play dull ambient stuff.

That Ambient stage has some acts that would usually be playing some decent deep house/ prog/ techno. 

Friday:

Jamie XX

Sampha

Kim Gordon

Arlo Parks

The Vaccines

Kenya Grace

Remi Wolf

Lambrini Girls

Voice of Baceprot

Saturday:

Gossip

Sleaford Mods

Yard Act

TBA

Fat White Family

Soccer Mommy

Mannequin Pussy

Kneecap

Jayahadadream

Sunday:

James Blake

Romy

Declan McKenna

Alvvays

Blondshell

NewDad

The K's

High Vis

are these day splits intelligent guesswork, or have they been released/leaked anywhere do we know?

1 minute ago, danbailey80 said:

Bit of a shame that some great 'Glade' type acts have been lumped on a small stage and having to play dull ambient stuff.

That Ambient stage has some acts that would usually be playing some decent deep house/ prog/ techno. 

Max Cooper is also massive. 

1 minute ago, danbailey80 said:

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, foolee said:

Is the Park - Woodsies - Park or Woodsies - Park - Woodsies actually doable? Just thinking I may have to do it once or at least one way for an act. From what I can see online I can see you can do it in 25 minutes, is this accurate? 

Are you Quicksilver? If yes then absobloodylutely.

2 minutes ago, foolee said:

It's doable - but it's a long way and each leg will take 20 to 30 mins depending on how fit you are, the underfoot conditions, crowds etc.

I'd only do it for absolute must see acts. Tearing back and forth across the site isn't a great use of time.

• Upvote 1

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

It's doable - but it's a long way and each leg will take 20 to 30 mins depending on how fit you are, the underfoot conditions, crowds etc.

I'd only do it for absolute must see acts. Tearing back and forth across the site isn't a great use of time.

Last time I went I didn’t bother doing it and it seems so far but there’s a few I want to see on Woodsies and Park so might have to make some tough decisions. 

3 minutes ago, foolee said:

I have managed that downhill with manageable crowd, good conditions underfoot and not off my tits.

Going the other way less quick.

After a set like Wet Leg a couple of years ago it would take 15 mins to get out of the Park!

All about the variables mafe. Not least the cider intake 

Friday:

Jamie XX

Sampha

Kim Gordon

Arlo Parks

The Vaccines

Kenya Grace

Remi Wolf

Lambrini Girls

Voice of Baceprot

Saturday:

Gossip

Sleaford Mods

Yard Act

TBA

Fat White Family

Soccer Mommy

Mannequin Pussy

Kneecap

Jayahadadream

Sunday:

James Blake

Romy

Declan McKenna

Alvvays

Blondshell

NewDad

The K's

High Vis

Got to be more than one TBA slot, surely? 

There’s normally 2 going off previous years.

15 minutes ago, foolee said:

I think you. Are looking at 45 minutes realistically unless you are by yourself and on a mission (I know others here disagree but I always find things take longer that that pdf table thing says) 

1 minute ago, JackP1994 said:

Got to be more than one TBA slot, surely? 

There’s normally 2 going off previous years.

It differs from year to year where the secret sets are and how many there are so wouldn’t go expecting anything based on previous lineups. Don’t think there were any big ones in 2016.

Just now, Barneym said:

I think you. Are looking at 45 minutes realistically unless you are by yourself and on a mission (I know others here disagree but I always find things take longer that that pdf table thing says) 

Yeah, if you're with a group you need to factor in faffing, toilet stops, folk going to the bar or grabbing food, etc.

18 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Surely they'll play somewhere else as well? Some of those are massive names 

27 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Dunno lads, if you have to take drugs to enjoy something, maybe it ain't very good.

You don't need to take drugs to enjoy electronic music. 

But if you need something to open your mind, drugs work. 

3 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

Yeah, personally I find it difficult to easily find after-headliner stuff that isn't electronic, dance type stuff.  Would have liked the Tree to be more indie personally. Will probably end up at Rimski's yard or the circus!

What is Rimski’s yard?

38 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

They've missed a trick here should have the ambient stuff on during the day for people to chill out in the shade and a pumping trance rave up in the woods at night.

3 minutes ago, foolee said:

What is Rimski’s yard?

It's a strange place near Ped Gate C. My mate played there last year, it seemed like they were all playing a part in some kind of immersive story but none of them seemed to know the script - it was a bit odd. 

Edited by Johnnyseven